web analytics

Pardew – Thank God We’re Not In Europa League Next Season

Newcastle got their first win in six games this afternoon, and climbed four places in the table to 13th – and if we can beat Arsenal next Sunday, and that will not be easy, we have a chance to finish even higher in the league, and we could get up to 10th place – – if all the results go for us next Sunday – which would be unbelievable.

yoan gouffran scores qpr

Yoan Gouffran celebrates after scoring a great opportunist goal

Alan Pardew was simply delighted that Newcastle were finally safe after a very tough second half today, and the defense with Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa and Mike Williamson having excellent games at the back – was the key.

We had mentioned when Williamson was included in the side in place of Steven Taylor who was sick, that Mike can play well in big games, and he again didn’t let the side down today – and all credit to him.

This is what Alan Pardew said after the game to reporters:

“We got an important result today,” “I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0 if I’m honest – I’m sure Spurs will – but I only care that our fans enjoy themselves.” “I’m very pleased.”

“It was a very important game for this football club. Particularly this year with the finance of the Premier League.”“I thought both penalties were dubious.”

“We played well after that, showed great resilience and it is massive for the North-East to have a team in the Premier League.” “Accusations of a ‘rift’ are absolutely ridiculous. Those that made them will be sobbing in their beer today,”

“I think if I put my best eleven out every week we would be a top-eight side but I’ve only been able to put it out three times at most. It’s an unforgiving league and if you look at this division, the likes of Swansea and West Brom are only five or six points ahead of us.”

“It’s been an unbelievable season and I think it’s been so, so tight because of the financial rewards at stake this year. I will make sure that we are well prepared for next season, and thank God we are not in the Europa League again.”

We must go all put for a win against Arsenal next Sunday – and who knows if we can get a win – then we’ll finish this terrible season off in style – which would be good.

That has to be the major goal now. and since we get £800K for each place in the League table, Newcastle will not do too bad if we can finish near the middle of the table this season.

And it will also help our recruitment in the summer – which is likely to be an exciting time for Newcastle fans.

We hope it will be an   an exciting time for Newcastle fans. 😀

We must try for top six again next season and turn this thing around.

But hey – we are safe – and that’s just fantastic.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• peaco1980

May 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yes, thank god we had such a sh1te season that we won’t be playing European competition next year!

Utterly ridiculous comment, from an utterly ridiculous man. To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill: it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Get lost Pardew, you utter turd.

• solano

May 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Jamiemac…i did see the interview, and it may well have been said light heartedly but it was also revealing of his mindset. The same mindset that has played down Europe and used it as a convenient excuse because of his failings and his bosses failings.
    the whole season was a write off because we didn’t set out to better ourselves or have a crack at the cup competitions.

• kelykos

May 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Happy not to be in Europa League next season !!!! It puzzles me that the manager could say anything like that.

Hopefully, he won’t be in charge next season. He’s clueless, when I watch our match, the players have no idea offensively, they are nervy at the back, the pressure is erratic. To sum up, we are really poor collectively.

• Jamiemac

May 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Brutoon

Its llambias/ashley/carrs fault we didn’t strengthen not pardews.

• jordijohnty

May 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Phew! Thank god our manager is so inept he didnt bring us champions league football, which is what some of us hoped we would be trying to aim for. To many games I guess

• nick_9

May 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM

If we had a manager who has won trophies prior then i could perhaps see a reason to stick with him. Look at what ferguson had won prior to his Manchester united days, now look at Pardews record.

• Jamiemac

May 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

To be honest I’m happy we’re not in EL next year. Will be nice to have a good go at the league and cups.

• yorkymag

May 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I will enjoy myself on the gallowgate giving the spineless git full blast .he s simply a disgrace pease get him out of our club

• sparky55

May 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I hate Pardew with a passion and every time he opens his mouth I hate him even more.

He’s a shameless self promoter who always forgets to engage his brain before opening his big fat gob

He should be fined by the FA. Even if you think it (which just as bad) you can’t be seen to say it…spurs should make a complaint.

If Ashley had half a brain he should sack Pardew now to show some intent.

If Pardew stays Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse, Anita, and Ben Arfa will all go for sure…the only thing that can keep our great squad together is a new manager with a history of playing proper football who can convince them to stay.

Pardew yet again reverted to type today and parked the bus having gone 2-1 up after 30 minutes and jeopardised our slender lead for the remaining 60 minutes of the game which if that strategy had gone pear shaped again like 20 times before this season, we would not be safe tonight and we would have had to get something from the game against Arsenal.

He can’t help himself and it also shows a complete lack of trust in his players…how would you feel if you’d gone 2-1 up after 30 minutes and then told by the manager you have to defend for the next 60 minutes when you’re fighting to fend off relegation.

The sooner he goes the better

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Yo yo

We could form an army comparable to William Wallace or Wolfetone, boom bringing in the Celtic Warriors here haha

See ya later lad

• daztoon-anti christ is that the time

May 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM

@nick_9
    To be fair to Pardew he is good at breaking records

• Joe Blog

May 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Yorkymag

Please channel me too, as I can’t make it. Leave his ears ringing!

• mattyNUFC

May 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Martinez
    Laudrup
    Poyet
    Lee Clarke

those’d be my choices and I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of them. Rafa would never come and don’t think I’d want him anyway. He’s never worked under restraint so it’s difficult to tell how he’d do at a club like ours. Di Matteo COULD do well, but he can be pretty defensive-minded

• Jail for Ashley

May 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM

solano ,
    Only about one in ten fans I ask about Mashley seem to think he has done any good whype has this blog got a disproportionate amount of Mashley fans..

• yorkymag

May 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Joe
    Will certainly do
    But let’s hope by then Ashely has given him the billet
    Come in Rafa we nee you

• mattyNUFC

May 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Jamiemac

clearly you haven’t seen any of his other interviews, much less a match this season

also Ole Gunnar would be alright by me…..hell, anyone

• iggystinger

May 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Martinez or Benitez in the summer take us to the nxt level pardews done his best but we need a manager to take us to the nxt step for me that would be benitez but would he come to newcastle, iv just got a feelin pardew will be a gonner come the summer.

• beefman13

May 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I find it highly offensive that our manager can say thank god we are not in the Europa league next season, and that he is not bothered if arsenal win 4-0, totally scandalous, no regard whatsoever for the fans and it just shows how selfish those comments are.

Every single week this season this man pardew has managed in some way to wind me and I suppose a lot of others with his daft statements.

Michael Laudrup was different class when asked on motd about how he managed the Europa campaign with Getafe, he just said we dealt with it we had a small squad but enjoyed it and got to the quarter final and were very pleased with that, Pardew just moaned his t-ts of all the time about it, it has shown me all the excuses he makes are all about his own ego not getting hurt, these comments today are an insult to every fan supporting our great club, DISGRACEFUL.

• solano

May 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM

JFA..look at JamieMac’s comment @ 88…..he may not be an Ashleyite but does he not realise we didn’t play in Europe for the previous 5 seasons and failed to get beyond a 4th round in any domestic cup? This is what you’re up against. Blindness. Buffoonery and utter tomfoolery.
    Fans still haven’t worked out the motivation of the owner and his minions….it has nothing to do with real footballing achievment.

• Jamiemac

May 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM

matty

what do you base that on?

• Novocastrian66

May 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Ruddy; fine by me just don’t judge me because I find all types of insults pathetic.

• iggystinger

May 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I know I said Martinez or Benitez would be a good choice of manager if we decided to change but I was just thinkin what about Frank De Boer what u guys think dont think we’d pay Benitez’s wages.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

May 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Novo

Message read, understood and discarded. On that note I’m off.

Night folks.

• Zero

May 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Well ive just come back from the pub, beautiful sunny day in Chicago celebrating the hell out of our survival, having second thoughts about pard sacking thinking maybe next year give him a chance buy some qualitity attacking players…..then i read these comments from AP …. seriously WTF this is beyond disrespectful to our club, our fans, the europa league and even the EPL.

• spitfire_

May 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I read one interview with Benitez around the time when he move to Chelsea… he say something like he didn’t work 2-3 years because there is was no offer to him from club which match his ambition… I don’t think Newcastle will match this.

• solano

May 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Iggy… you are starting to sound like the Mackems when they talk never endingly about “the next level.”
    Sorry, bud, but his is what the club has been re-invented into. The new Sunderland. We’ve forgotten what good football is about.
    Benitez and Martinez are highly improbable for many reasons, but Mike Ashley is probably the most toxic reason.

• beefman13

May 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Solano I made a comment earlier saying if MA is just happy to hover mid table as long as we are in the premiership just to promote the sports direct brand then I would be disgusted, I know quite a few have that view, I am not one of them but I will say if he sticks with pardew for next season and does not at least bring in a top notch foreign coach to at least work along side Pardew then I will start to have the doubts build in my mind about his reasoning.

I will state that we will make decent buys in the summer window I believe that, I hope the like of big daft shola and obertan and Williamson and simpson are shown the door and replaced with quality, trouble is I doubt even know if any prem team would want any of them so it may be difficult to move them on.

Pardews stagnant negativity has to change because we have got away with it by the skin of our teeth but it has stunk the Cathederal and many other grounds out to the max this season.

• daztoon-anti christ is that the time

May 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

@solano
    So you aint buying into Ashley rolling 5 year plan shame on you

• Zero

May 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM

i carnt see why chelsea are letting benitez go, sure id have him here in a shot, over mourinho, over blanc…. mainly because hes the only one who would be able to take the crap the owner and club would through at him…. he aint exactly had a supportive manager at chelsea and he’d face the same at newcastle probably.

But its like the transfer window, we can list managers or players all day long on how they could bring forward our club… but 2 things need to be considered 1) can we afford them
    2) do they even want to come to this club??

if pards inst sacked this week or after the final game then he probs aint getting sacked and itll be better to talk of players we can get in who will prevent him f*****g games up

• jayphoto

May 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

@mattynufc – benitez actually worked wonders with zero transfer budget at tenerife! He also won the league at Valencia with a director of football buying all of his players leaving him to just coaching and managing! Hes a great coach, a good manager put poor in the transfer market! I think tho liverpool is the only job hes had where hes had complete control!

• irishtoon999

May 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Sunderland have us to thank for premier league football next season.. My god their hopeless, and yet they hammered us in st James, disgraceful!!

• KevinHann

May 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I was under the impression Pardew was talking about not having to worry if Arsenal beat Wigan 4-0, not us?

• Zero

May 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM

2) do they even want to come to this club??

if pards inst sacked this week or after the final game then he probs aint getting sacked and itll be better to talk of players we can get in who will prevent him messing games up

• solano

May 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Beefman…ok. I have always thought of you as being a little slow on the uptake but at least in the last 3 months you have tried to construct semi-sane arguments instead of obtuse abuse. Keep trying.
    Maybe 6 more years of Ashley will enable you to differentiate an arse from an elbow.

• remember69

May 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM

@80, @87,
    That’s exactly my point. If a proven winner can have a bad season due to injuries etc then why should we expect less of others? Let’s give management a chance allow them to prove themselves. We need some sort of stability, and Rome/ Man Utd was not built in a day.

• Sawbuck

May 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Bearsize @57

I’ve had my doubts about Jonas as well but have been happier with him lately. I’m leaning on keeping him.

• iggystinger

May 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Solano
    Thats what I meant not so much by nxt level meaning if we get a new manager in we’ll end up in the top four and winnin trophies all the time, but the brand of football we should be playing needs to change that has put us in more bother than anything else this season I think long balls back to front bypassing midfield, we need a manager who can play neat passing football have us playin as a team a solid unit pass and move players creating space to be able to receive the ball no this static hoofball shite and for me pardew will not bring that bud just my opinion.

• jayphoto

May 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Whats with the drop in odds for Clarkie?? Id love it as hes a family friend and itd be amazing to have such an inside track to the club but hes way more cautious than pardew! 4-5-1 defense is his usual! Couldnt get huddersfield promoted with the highest budget and wages in league 1 and has had a bad season with birmingham who whilst gave him no money to spend have a whole squad of premier league experience, apparantly the future of england goalkeeping and in Zigic the highest paid player outside of a top division in europe! Ever! Clarkies also a headstrong argumentative so n so! Cant see him playing patsy for dirk n mike

• solano

May 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Iggy,,,fair enough and in part, I agree. But will HBA, Cabaye and Colo be here next year?? I doubt it. So we will be starting off again on a new Baldrick Plan. It’s almost comical how some on here buy into it!

• Ashton

May 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Players like Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Coloccini, M’biwa won’t stick around for long with this rambling idiot as the manager. And we won’t be able to attract the caliber of players that will take us forward when they look at how retarded our manager is.

Europe would have been great not only financially and status wise ie helping the club with it global brand, but also it would have helped so much to attract decent and ambitious players.

Pardew is the cancer that will destroy our club in the long run.