web analytics

Pardew – Thank God We’re Not In Europa League Next Season

Newcastle got their first win in six games this afternoon, and climbed four places in the table to 13th – and if we can beat Arsenal next Sunday, and that will not be easy, we have a chance to finish even higher in the league, and we could get up to 10th place – – if all the results go for us next Sunday – which would be unbelievable.

yoan gouffran scores qpr

Yoan Gouffran celebrates after scoring a great opportunist goal

Alan Pardew was simply delighted that Newcastle were finally safe after a very tough second half today, and the defense with Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa and Mike Williamson having excellent games at the back – was the key.

We had mentioned when Williamson was included in the side in place of Steven Taylor who was sick, that Mike can play well in big games, and he again didn’t let the side down today – and all credit to him.

This is what Alan Pardew said after the game to reporters:

“We got an important result today,” “I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0 if I’m honest – I’m sure Spurs will – but I only care that our fans enjoy themselves.” “I’m very pleased.”

“It was a very important game for this football club. Particularly this year with the finance of the Premier League.”“I thought both penalties were dubious.”

“We played well after that, showed great resilience and it is massive for the North-East to have a team in the Premier League.” “Accusations of a ‘rift’ are absolutely ridiculous. Those that made them will be sobbing in their beer today,”

“I think if I put my best eleven out every week we would be a top-eight side but I’ve only been able to put it out three times at most. It’s an unforgiving league and if you look at this division, the likes of Swansea and West Brom are only five or six points ahead of us.”

“It’s been an unbelievable season and I think it’s been so, so tight because of the financial rewards at stake this year. I will make sure that we are well prepared for next season, and thank God we are not in the Europa League again.”

We must go all put for a win against Arsenal next Sunday – and who knows if we can get a win – then we’ll finish this terrible season off in style – which would be good.

That has to be the major goal now. and since we get £800K for each place in the League table, Newcastle will not do too bad if we can finish near the middle of the table this season.

And it will also help our recruitment in the summer – which is likely to be an exciting time for Newcastle fans.

We hope it will be an   an exciting time for Newcastle fans. 😀

We must try for top six again next season and turn this thing around.

But hey – we are safe – and that’s just fantastic.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Sawbuck

May 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM

We’ve Laudrup to thank for this.

Nice to see Hoots topside too.

• daztoon-anti christ is that the time

May 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM

would take Benitez but first choice would be Laudrup.The man is class and a winner things Pardumb can only dream about

• sparky55

May 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

well said ashton…cancer is apt

• solano

May 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Ashton…wrong! Patsy Pardew is just a symptom of the cancer. It runs much deeper than that. I’ll repeat…no point cutting off your toe when the gangrene is right up your leg. Delboy and Fatboy are the real cause and are killing this club.

• iggystinger

May 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Solano
    To be honest out of the three players u mentioned I dont think cabaye will be here nxt season for me theres sumthin not quite right with him and has been for a while
    looks like hes got the weight of the world on his shoulders the way hes been playin recently I might be wrong could just be a confidence thing but since the rumours of a move to UTD and Spurs at the end of last season hes been a shadow of how he was last year.

• Sazzer

May 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Ginger
    I don’t feel we need for Le Fondre. When we have Gouffran and Campbell.

I’m not big fan of Sinclair and I don’t think City will sell him for anything less than they sold Andy Johnson.

I don’t mind getting Carroll back if the price is right.

Boudebouz is in my book a must buy. He won’t be to expensive since his contract is out next summer. We might but I hope we won’t wait for January like we did with Sissoko.

If we ever can buy Sakho I would do it. I don’t see why PSG would let him leave.

• Ashton

May 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM

solano

Ashley is doing fine. I would rather have him than Fat Freddy. We are doing fine with scouting and signing decent and promising players for low amount of money. We’ve done a lot of amazing deals and it looks like we will keep that up.

• remember69

May 13, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter what AP says his detractors are going to use his words in whatever context suits their own agenda.

After struggling this season it seems entirely practical to me wanting to focus on strengthening the squad and getting back to playing the football we did last season. Why would we want to revisit the exact same problems and struggles we witnessed this season?

Do you REALLY believe that AP does not care if Arsenal hammer us? Come on, you’re more intelligent than that. I’m 100% positive that his remark was made out of the relief that we are safe even if we are beaten.

I think the only way that AP can win certain ‘fans’ over is not to communicate with the press – hold on……. Isn’t that thenSAME complaint ‘fans’ have of the guy that is paying for the team ?

• mainemagpie

May 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM

So after our win today to make us safe in the EPL for next season our manager says this
    “I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0 if I’m honest –”

So the manager of the team does not care that we lose the last game of the season, which could be the difference between 13th and 10th and almost 4m pounds bonus…no wonder we don’t play with any enthusiasm under Pardew.

“I will make sure that we are well prepared for next season, and thank God we are not in the Europa League again.”

So the manager will prepare us well for next season but if we get close to a position that will qualify us for a European place in the 2014/2015 season we will do everything to avoid it. So Pardew’s ambition for next season is 8th in the league and not win FA Cup or League Cup, because god forbid we play more than 40 games in a season.

These 2 statements are enough to get Pardew fired. And so they should. Goodbye! good riddance!

• Sav

May 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Thank God we’re not in Europe? That’s like saying Thank God we didn’t win a cup, or we’d have to buy a new cupboard’. Eeejit!

• Greebol1892

May 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Agreed – ridiculous comment from so-called manager.
    But the persistent name-calling & aggression on this blog is becoming tiresome. Too many horse-punchers spoil the broth!

• The next Mike Williamson

May 13, 2013 at 6:47 AM

If you take excuses into account then Man U didn’t win the league we did. when you add the excuses in we finished with 38 wins. what a great manager pardew is