web analytics

This Is What Joe Kinnear Can Learn From Alan Pardew

There’s news in all the local papers this morning that Alan Pardew was key to getting Fab Coloccini to stay at the club.

alan pardew - pensive mood

Alan Pardew – very good man manager

But it was obvious from Alan’s words about Colo and the fact he chose the Argentine to be the new captain of the club after Kevin Nolan left for West Ham two years ago.

And fans could see the enormous impact Coloccini has on the team when he returned for the last three games of the season and we got 4 points and conceded only two goals in those games at West Ham, QPR and at home to Arsenal.

This is what Coloccini has said:

“Alan has always been a great support to me. Whenever I have needed some advice he has always been around to help me.”

The news is that Pardew kept in communication with Colo after the end of the season, and kept talking to him about how important it was for him to stay at Newcastle – and it seems to have worked because on June 14th Colo announced he was staying at Newcastle.

“I’m not going to move to San Lorenzo now because Newcastle don’t want me to go. I have to respect that decision.”

“I’m a grateful person and Newcastle have given me the opportunity of playing in the Premier League, which is the elite of football – so I will stay at Newcastle.”

It’s great news that Colo is staying, and we dare say that Alan Pardew’s star has risen a bit with the fans,  since Joe Kinnear was appointed, since Alan has handled the situation admirably and with some dignity.

Joe Kinnear has not.

And the main thing in Alan’s favor is that he  kept quiet about things – and that’s something Joe Kinnear could learn from Mr. Pardew.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Dondatta13

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM

J Tudor… Agreed my friend. We are all just so so sick of it, the infighting, the pain and lord knows… The suffering….

I’ve stated that from now on I’m an armchair fan. I find the appointment of JFK i find repugnant.

However, one big push from a squad laden with talent. Pick up a cup and I swear I’d forgive the bungling oaf.

We’re so near yet so far but a cup being hoisted aloft would be Ashleys quickest fix for this royal cluster fek of a tenure

• John Tudor

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM

pro ashley green print anti in red unchangeable black for fence sitters

• bills-son

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Facts:

Despite having one of the biggest fan bases and attendances NHFC have:

Not won the 1st Div/Prem Lerague in nearly 100 years (86 years to be exact).

Not won the FA Cup in 57 years.

NEVER won the League Cup in the near 50 years of its existence.

Last won a major trophy – the Fairs Cup – 44 years ago.

In the 6 years he has owned the club Mike Ashley has finished 12th in the Prem, relegated, Fizzy Champions, 12th, 5th (qualified for Erope League), and 16th in the Prem.

HOW IS THAT A DISASTER COMPARED TO PREVIOUS OWNERS OVER THE PAST 87 YEARS?

PLus he has – whatever any fan argues – turned a debt laden club in hock to the banks into a club that is in hock only to Ashley.

Pays cash for players so as not not to incur future debt.

Has signed players for relatively small fees who – irrespective of how great or otherwise fans think they are – are valuable, saleable assets. The total opposite of 80% of our signings over the past 50 years of my supporting the club.

Has only (possibly) sold one star player – AC – against his will in 6 years despite being constantly accuysed of ‘only being in it to make a profit’. Past owners have sold Suddick, Robson, McDonald, McDermott, Kennedy, Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne in their prime not mame but a few.

Ashley the worst owner in our history??

ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THAT STATEMENT WHATSOEVER. FACT.

• John Tudor

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

dondatta it’s unlikely there will be an influx of quality players more likely average players no better no worse than we have

• pawl250

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Vancmagpie –

The business is his, the debt is that of the business though.

I.e. I own a fruit shop, I buy an apple, the apple is the businesses to sell, not mine. Same applies for debt I buy and apple on credit terms, do not pay for it so therefore a debt, the seller of the apple will not be liable to chase me personally for any money. It is the businesses debt.

The business (NUFC in this case) is not the same as the Director of the business. They are separate entities.

Mike Ashley can draw money from the businesses he owns, but will be taxed appropriately, or should be.

Trust me.

• Markaccus

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Everyone:

FACT:

Your posts are far to long that average blogees cant be assed to read them 😀

• John Tudor

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

employs known instigators of trouble time and time again upset the hand that feeds him he may not be the worst but he runs a close second

• John Tudor

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

buggar me me ashleys bought a toffee apple

• pawl250

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Markaccus –

But far more in depth than the usual tripe 2 liners summarizing to “MA out because hes a mong!”

Or …. “I hope he leaves” ……

Many have stated, I for one agree the debate, and thats all it is healthy debate has been higher standard today than, well for a long time!

You should read and share your view, its what its designed for my friend.

• Dondatta13

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Our collective disgruntlement is not because we haven’t won anything for years, although that’s still a monkey this mighty club needs lifted off its back…

It’s the utter contempt the great oaf has for our club, its idols of days past, the historic name change and the wanton will, to go from one disaster, head long into another…

All I’m saying is that if the great oaf wishes to make everything disappear in one fell swoop, all he has to do (all… yeah i know), is get this clubs name on a trophy and he can have a statue erected of himself…. Is there enough bronze for such a thing?

• pawl250

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

John Tudor –

It was an example nothing more, to try and twist it only lowers you as a person.

And the joke reaaally was not funny, or it could have been forgiven.

That said I welcome your past input, and you aswell as others raise fair points.

• John Tudor

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

you need quality look at wigan all the quality they have coveted by our fans ashley will not invest on quality quantity

• Tsunki

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM

FACT is an overused word FACT.

• christoon5369

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

FACT is what we will be if we dont sign a decent striker

• Rooster

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Wow, that is a heavy duty debate going on right there.

It is a clear pro MA or anti MA debate.

Bit of an OK CORRAL situation going on with Spotlight Kid and Pawl250

Who would be looked on as the villain!

Would it be Pawl for defending the arch enemy MA!

Or Spotlight for attacking the arch enemy!

I personally agree whole hearted with Pawl, I don’t think MA is out to do us over at all, he wants to susatain and build, he has his own methods of course, and football is certainly a bit different to his retail world, but I really think through the peeks and troughs we are going to start climbing again, financially we have been climbing for quite a while now, last season playing wise was awful as we all know.

Its up to everyone at the club to stick their chests out and right that horror show from last year.
    MA makes massive decisions, the like vittually all of us would not ever get anywhere near to ever, he does it because he feels it is the right thing to do, not because he is trying to hurt or aggrieve the fans, I truly believe that.

Two impassioned arguments that were given will satisfy both anti and pro MA supporters.

That is strong debating at full throttle, I liked it, I am pro the good MA has done rather than the bad! “I can live with getting my feelings hurt” but I cant live with like Wolves and Pompey going down to the 1st division, that could easily have happened in another scenario, it was not beyond the relms.

I applaud both efforts to their cause, but finance is so important in sustaining a self sufficiant club, decisions have to be made, and unpopular ones, but we are getting through the thunder clouds and approaching the rainbow of the new season.

• Rooster

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

In FACT, Pawl n Spotlight Kid should get down to the labour club for a shoot out! or behind the strawberry car park ha ha!

Pawl would obviously get wounded at the start with a big hit to the upper shoulder from the masses, but I feel in time more would realise his point, resulting in a fairer debate and only pride getting injured as a result.

• GeordieDan

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

count>

Seems you’ve added an unintentional o into your name pal?

As per the other ar5ehole. You can gan fu*k yourself as well. Nowt to do with you at all.

I am far more educated and knowledgeable than I you could ever begin to guess my friend but today I am lowering myself to moron hunting and wouldn’t you know it, I managed to bag myself 3 in a row!

There’s no point in discussing football with you Ashley arse kissers and I have no intention of doing that.

The bloke is like you without your ‘o’ and if you choose to kiss his ar5e then expect to have the piss ripped out of you as well.

If you think big Mike is what our club needs then your belong daan Landan with the other cockney sympathisers you pathetic excuse for a NUFC fan.

Go support the man who laughs at every penny he rapes from MY club you clown! Short memory have we???

• count

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

As I said before Dan. The “o” is there to draw out brainless f***s like yourself. To help you highlight your own inability to have a discussion worth anyone’s time.
    I knew that someone would somehow try to use the fact that without the “o” my name looks like a rude word to add leverage and validity to your own views. Brainless.