web analytics

Newcastle Defender Staying Put – Gosling Deal Held Up

There was a report in the Daily Mirror over a week ago that Newcastle were willing to give Steven Taylor and £6M to get QPR’s Loic Remy.

steven taylor anzhi

Steven Taylor – going nowhere this summer

Now we wouldn’t put it past Harry Redknapp to ask for that deal, but there’s just no way Newcastle would let one of their two starting center-backs leave Newcastle so we get Remy into the club.

And there is news today in the local papers that Alan Pardew has no intention of letting Steven Taylor leave the club, and remember that late last season Alan was pushing for Taylor to be included ion the England squad.

And Steven made the squad but didn’t pick up his first full cap for England in the March World Cup qualifying games for Group H at San Marino (won 8-0) and Montenegro (drew 1-1).

And Newcastle need to keep some local home-grown players at the club, and that’s especially true since we seem to be losing a number of our English players this summer.

Danny Simpson has left for QPR, James Perch has signed on at Wigan and Steve Harper is having a medical at Hull City today,

dan gosling atromitos

Dan Gosling – Newcastle holding out for bigger fee

And it looks likely that 23 year-old Dan Gosling will sign on at Crystal Palace, but Newcastle are said to be holding out for a bigger fee from the newly promoted London club.

Newcastle agreed a £8M fee for Remy in January, so we’re not sure why there’s a delay in putting in a bid for the French International striker, since Alan Pardew has told the world that we are after both Remy and Aston Villa striker Darren Bent.

The saga to bring in a new striker this summer could continue for a while yet, but there’s no way we are going to lose one of our best defenders this summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• nut meg

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Torq @31
    My take also, SDR, LR, TA

• John Tudor

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

according to my sources, daddies and hammond we will bid for s fletcher next week

• nut meg

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM

SDJ EVEN !! @41

• faustino10

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Any news on Obertan leaving? Surely we are going to see this waste of space while we can still get something for him? The most frustrating player in the squad by a mile. Bags of potential just completely unsuited to the Prem. Similar to Luque. He could still be of value to a team in France I would imagine. You would expect some news of some sort today now that Kinnear is back. This is the slowest window ever!

• lesh

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Yorkgeordie.

If Kinnear does go to Portugal, you never know he might just come back with Ronaldo all signed up.

Just a thought

• foggonridiculous

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM

….or maybe Ronald MacDonald…

a cross between Ronaldo and Supermac…. 🙂

• lesh

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

LooneyToon41…. Part exchanges?

Didn’t we get an old typewriter and a paella pan when Xisco left us”

• markmac

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Carl Cort wasnt an angel iirc

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Morning Guys

Torq – I dont know why you even bother replying to some people on here. If i was you i would just communicate to the people who appreciate your bits of information and ignore the rest completely.

I usually get the impression you withhold a lot of info back because you dont want to have to listen to abuse. If this is the case please share as there are many on here who do appreciate you.

• foggonridiculous

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM

@ lesh

haha … I thought it was a sombrero and a plastic souveneir donkey

• roe997

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Jermain lens has just sugned for kiev i think.

• Slank

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM

toonaids @ 29

Yes I agree with you. I would buy him. There is a history of footballers being easily ‘conned’ by unscrupulous women who appear to be after fame (or is that notoriety?) and/or money.

• potski

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Too aids

Wrong, he was arrested and bailed by the Met:

He is waiting for Crown Prosecution Service to decide if there is sufficient evidence for a court case. Given the very high profile such a case would have in the media, that decision will be made at a very senior level, so doubtful that it will be resolved very soon.

He has been bailed to go back to the police in September, so AFTER THE WINDOW CLOSES.

Woodie was a bad boy, involved in an attack on a student in Boro IIRC on a night out with other Leeds players. Bowyer was charged with a racially motivated assault, but the jury found him not guilty. Woodie had the good grace to put his hands up to being involved and taking his punishment.

• TorqToon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Tekkers – Morning mate.

It self preservation mate. I know it feels like I’m holding back etc, but I’m not doing it for any reason other than to avoid the grief and abuse.

• Spreadthetoon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM

typical Newcastle transfer window. Slow, pedestrian and always a million miles off the mark. The club told us they had learnt their lessons from last summer! And yet we appear to be making the very same mistakes all over again. De Ja Vu…………………..

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Torq…you know you don’t have to convince me mate I am all ears 😀

…how is everything on your front? Last night some of us mentioned Benzia. Is he any good as a second forward signing?

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Looney
    😉
    Your right though it very rarely happens can’t think of to many deals, certainly recently that take place with player + cash

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Torq…I missed one of your questions there.

As for creativity I am okay when you look at our possible 11 pick.

I did say alot of our fringe players need upgrading and I would love for us to ship Obertan out and someone alot more creative in.

But if you look at our best team possible with the addition of a forward who can play wide I think we have enough creativity.

Pardew just new to find a way to fit in both Marv and Benny I think and bench Tiote and Jonas.

• TorqToon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Jesp – Everything is great my end, sir. Still plodding along as you do. 🙂

Benzia – Very bright prospect. 18-19yrs old. Scores at international youth level and is a future international imo. Would cost probably around €3mil as highly regarded over here.

• pawl250

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Torq

Spill the beans…..

Remy or De Jong we in talks or what….. put me out of my misery! Its all I want! lol

• TorqToon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Jesp – Being able to field BOTH of those players would be incredible!

• jimmysmith

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM

We’ve got bugger all chance of strengthening our bench unless we take a punt on young players like Haidarra. No decent established player is gonna come to Newcastle to sit on the bench, and that includes Darren Bent.

If we’re in for anyone at all, it’ll be for players who’ll expect to start or young unproven talent. Not the easiest job in the world securing players who fit the bill effectively either, as we’ve seen proven on countless occasions over the years.

• wolfshead@toon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM

taylor wont go hes pards fave brown noser

• TorqToon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Pawl – What do I know, mate! 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Jesper
    Reckon even obertan’s mum wants him shipped out because he’s not good enough!!!
    Think it could be said of a few of our fringe players that they haven’t been given a real chance, but for me that doesn’t apply to obertan he’s had numerous chances and rarely impressed can only really think of one Europa game (Brugge?) when he played LW and looked a bit better

• potski

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Slank

Evidence of this “history”?

You might be willing to buy him, but if you had £8 million to spend then I think your lawyers would be telling you it is a stupid gamble. It’s not just that he might be locked up, but the club will on the front page of every paper in the world if it goes to trial. I remember the Woodgate/Bowyer case, everyday it was the top news story. IMO one of the main reasons for Leeds fall from one of the top clubs in PL.

• pawl250

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Torq –

Just give me a hint, just a smidgen! lol

You know we have bid for them or talked to them or as stated if nothing put me out of my misery and say we arent in for them at all…..

I can live with it rather than living in blind hope haha!

• Spreadthetoon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM

would be happy with 3 signings but cannot see it. such a shame 🙁

• Slank

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM

potski @ 52

Under normal employment circumstances if an employee commits a crime, especially as bad as rape, his employer can and usually does cancel their employment contract.

If he is convicted and hasn’t been sold and still therefore contracted to QPR will they cancel his contract, thereby saving themselves tens of thousands of pounds in wages a week?

Or will they continue to pay him on the hope that they can sell him when he comes out of the clink. For a short sentence it would be worth it but for a long stretch his value would diminish and therefore not worth keeping him on their books.

• TorqToon

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Pawl – We are in discussions with the representatives of both those players.

How far advanced, or how well those talks are progressing are anybody’s guess! 🙂

Relax, my friend! It’s only Monday! Ha

• Rotonda heights

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM

With Colo and m’Biwa no way should Saylor be a starter.

Yes he got a call up but that’s after 8 others had dropped out.

Would be so angry if this scuppered getting the desperately needed fast goal scorer who can play left of a front 3 or another striker in that mould.

Saylor is just the Geordie Bramble and just not a very good footballer no matter how much he thinks he is.

• pawl250

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Torq

A dose of my own medicine lol

NORMALLY, I am the one saying relax, but its getting frustrating reading on here I feel I am being Jedi mind tricked….

“I will not panic, RELAX”

“You will panic”

“I will panic”

….. God help me! Cheers for the update, atleast we are talking to someone I suppose! BONUS! lol

• potski

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM

And BTW it is to the club’s eternal shame that they subsequently bought Bowyer, and the worse, Sounness made Dyer apologise to the media for being attacked on the pitch by his so-called teammate.

You think they would have learned from that, but Shepherd then bought Joey Barton.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Until we get a manager who won’t keep playing his favourites no matter what how are we ever going to move forward?

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Torq – I understand your feelings i just feel it shouldnt effect the rest of us who enjoy hearing bits of info you receive. No matter who you are or what you do there will always be people who criticize you should juts ignore and not give them any of your time.

• Belfast

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Simple solution to the Remy deal.
    Sign him on loan with a fixed fee for permanent deal next summer. Then if he goes to jail, we could send him back to Qpr lol

• nut meg

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Paw1250 @ 66
    Ha Ha well done Paw1250. You got it out of him,a nice bit of pleading there bonny lad.LOL I wanted to ask Torq the same thing but he’s getting bombarded the Qs so didn’t bother.

• LooneyToon41

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Even i’m feeling a bit panicky, after seeing Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland doing ‘decent’ early business this window, plus all the rumours about players leaving NUFC. Unfortunately, there’s not much i can do about it…… and i’m really not excited about Bent. I have a feeling we are not facing too much competition trying to get that one over the line… :-/

• colwell

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

potski

It was MA who bought Joey Barton, and he doesn’t learn from any mistakes.

• Transfer Sage

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM

why are people getting so stressed out over football?

even if the worst was to happen and we went down we would still have games to watch even if its lesser opposition.