web analytics

Official – Fans’ Forum Minutes Say Pardew Staying As Manager

The Fans’ Forum meeting minutes from last Monday night’s meeting  have just been released,  and the club has said that Alan Pardew will be staying on as manager.

alan pardew

Alan Pardew – staying on as manager

Here’s the section of the minutes – right at the beginning – that says Alan is staying:

The board explained that a detailed statement had been issued to announce LC’s (Lee Charnley) appointment so that supporters were clear on how the club intends to move forward, but that questions posed by members would be addressed as openly as possible.

In addressing the document, the board stated that Alan Pardew (AP) will remain the club’s manager. The board stated that incorrect media reports which claimed Newcastle United had contacted other individuals about the manager position were in the hands of the club’s legal team.

So we may get more newspapers banned from the Newcastle club, whoever first started that rumor that we were after St Etienne manager Christophe Galtier – but the news was first published in France: 🙁

Here are the minutes of the meeting from last Monday night held at St. James’ Park, if you want to find out what happened.

Fans have been unhappy with Alan Pardew all this year becasue of the terrible results, but since late last week the news being leaked out was that Pardew would stay on as the Newcastle manager.

So now we hope that Alan, Lee Charnley, Graham Carr and others will now work their tails off to get some good new players to the club in the summer – maybe we can thn make a new start in August.

• toon kk

May 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Pardew has more or less told us MA or he doesn’t want to get into Europe, so we just need average players to fit in with our squad, mid table is our future at very best.

Can anyone seriously see MA spending 60mil ?
    No chance. But let’s hope I’m proven wrong.

• GeordieTwo

May 14, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Cyprus I like the looks of Haidara in his limited playing time with us but he is quite young. Dummett already looks fairly poor and I think Santon has been a shocking disappointment this season. He is no LB that I can see. So 1 young promising LB is all we have. Move Santon to the wing or sell him. Dummett won’t make it. Hence the need for a good senior left back mate.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM

So Pardew is staying and we aren’t going to bother trying to win anything .

Someone tell me why I support NUFC again ? .

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

May 14, 2014 at 7:34 PM

BPC…they most be testing us or something 😉 lol

• welshgeordie9

May 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

By

• cyprus

May 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Wasn’t a club announcement expected – yesterday?

• welshgeordie9

May 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM

God it’s quiet on here tonight whys everybody miserable

Be happy for goodness sake

Happy Happy Happy

• niafron

May 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM

@Big Papa

“Win lose we don’t care!
    We always be there!
    We are the geordies of NUFC!”

• The next Mike Williamson

May 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

It’s important for a club to keep stability but why did we have to give the opportunity to failed league one manager Pardew.

• niafron

May 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

• cyprus

May 14, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I’m suspecting we’ll need a RB more than a LB 😉

• niafron

May 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Who could believe it? Pardew one more year…

Or maybe it’s trick, maybe as i said previously, the board will fire him during the World cup.

Honnestly, i simply can’t figure how he could manage the team next season.

• MacToon

May 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Affordable football for the foreseeable future. Who cares? I imagine a lot less than the 50k who’ve been witnessing first hand the owner’s mishandling of NUFC.

• cyprus

May 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Niafron,
    Any good players from the French league (not necessarily french) for us? A new unknown Hazard, perhaps?

• catchy in norway

May 14, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Pardew: Repeating the same mistakes.

Below are a selection of comments down the years from fans of previous clubs managed by Alan Pardew.
    I collected many of them from various fan sites when I was doing my research on him when he was appointed as Newcastle United manager back in December 2010, however, I have also added quite a few made since that time. As you will see, they contain many horribly familiar comments about such things as bewildering tactics, blaming everyone and everything except himself a lack of abilty to motivate the players (despite the fact that prides himself on being a “Mr.Motivator” type psychological genius), long ball tactics, strange substitutions etc…

I have arranged the club’s in chronological order, starting with West Ham, then Charlton Athletic and finally, Southampton. Though you may think it’s quite a long list, believe me, I had to sift through alot more, especially from Charlton fans!

So here goes!

The West Ham fans.

under the thumb Tue Oct 23 – 12:35.

“We had a good season that first year back in the Premiership, granted, but beyond that look at the dross we played next year. He wouldn’t play Tevez or his mate and chose Hayden Mullins every week!

“I genuinely believe his bubble will burst again at Newcastle and before long the Geordies will be on his back…”

Jason E.7 Tue 11/13/2007 – 03:13.

“Pardew was an average manager who punched well above his weight for one year and we loved him for it. However when we were a known quantity he couldn’t change tactics and thats was that…”

DB1983 3:41 Fri Jan 25.

“Did you go to the first play off? When he took off all our strikers at 1 nil down?”

Anonymous Fri 12/08/2006 – 22:44.

“Pardew, Wednesday night was obviously a shambles, please please recognise the fact that we need someone in the team that can actually pass a football. Mascherano is recognised as a world class passer so please please play him, its nothing short of an embarassment when NRC, Yoss, Ethers are struggling to play a 5 yard pass to feet, let alone trying to spray the ball 40 yrds, sort it out. And ffs do not play long ball against Bolton as we will get F*****.”

worldwide-iron Fri, 02/16/2007 – 10:23.

“I wanted him out 2 seasons ago and have never wavered. He sneaked us into the prem with a squad that should have walked the Championship, had a good season although with only one plan, fast attack and was found out this season for not having a plan B. His summer signings were awful, no exception as he didnt sign Tevez. A lot of players have one good season and dissapear just like Pardew will. Lower league manager.”

under the thumb 11:49 Tue Oct 23

“I’m glad I don’t have to listen to the mans babble every week and he is no longer manager of this club. It won’t be long before Pardew hits the buffers at Newcastle as well and will be shown up for what he really is… a total c*** of a man.”

The Charlton fans.

BigRedEvilMember October 2008

“Shocking tactically. Seems oblivious to the problems that we all see in the stands. And then to come out and say we were unlucky. He is pushing it. Maybe he wants a nice little pay out ;-)”

kinveachyaddickMember October 2008

“He’s lost me after last night. Was the worst Charlton performance I have seen in a long, long time. Tactically all wrong and no passion from the players. Looking at our squad and comparing it others in the division anything less than a top six finish is simply not good enough.”

razilMember October 2008

“I actually think the more serious problem is he seems not be able to motivate the team. If that continues we may have a very rocky season ahead, hold on your hats.”

ChunesMember October 2008

“Yes. His tactics are inexplicable, and he seems to think that last nights performance was actually all part of a game plan. Which must be true considering it sounds similiar to the last two away performances. You can’t set up like that and just hope to ride your luck when you’re playing teams in the relegation zone. It’s just plain insanity.”

Miserableoldgit October 2008

“I’m sorry , but I can’t get past the fact that Luke Varney WAS winning the ball in the air and knocking it on to No-one. Surely that is Pardews thinking/plan.”

Weegie AddickMember October 2008

“OK, I was one of the first to say I’d lost it with Pards, but that was after over a year in the job – it was the New Year’s Day match v Colchester that was the final straw for me. By then I had heard enough of his b******t and was getting increasingly worried about his tactics and motivational ability.
    Unfortunately, those worries have only been exarcerbated by the season to date. How long should we wait for these green shoots of improvement? My patience has run out, others is running out. Above all, what do the players really think? Some of them aren’t stupid, and if we feel he is all over the shop tactically, surely they are aware of that too and will lose (or maybe have lost) faith in him?

“And I’m not saying this to stir things up / create unrest. I’m saying it because I care deeply about the future of our club and have huge sympathy for the board, who potentially have to face more tough decisions unless Pardew can miraculously conjure up a few wins on the spin and a formation that works.”

nth london addick October 2008

“For me I am afraid it is a case of I want him to go (I am not happy about this either which is p****** me off more).

“But I have watched us in every home game except Reading and I have listened to 2 on the radio (with pals there saying it straight as well) that he has failed to come up with a plan to stop individuals attacking us time after time or our players being totally inept in their own positions.

“He is failing to accept that his game plan is not working and is unwilling to change it early enough,

“He has failed to take accountabillty for his errors during these games also.

“He does not see the same game as anyone who I have read posting on here as his post match interview doesnt match one that most on here have witnessed themselves.

“He is wrong for allowing that performance out of any performance they put together this season to come about,

“No shots on target unacceptable.

“No passion within the team and failure to accept responsibility on the pitch.

“Unable to pass to each other with any quality in the final third or to retain the ball for any length of time.

“Those 3 points should not happen in any game, let alone against those mugs, and are 3 points that the manager is solely responsible for. This is my opinion and the basis that I have now lost faith in Pardew.

“The final 2 points above No passion and poor passing have been key features in all games I have witnessed in every game this season ( i didnt see Reading live but i watched it on TV and that game is the only one that I will say we had a fire in our bellies).

“I f****** hate Pardew for making me feel this way as I beleived we had the right man in place and no one likes to be wrong, but it takes a man to admit it and I hope Pardew can at least hold himself accountable for his mistakes if he wont allow himself to walk away.”

kigeliaMember October 2008

“Pardew is his own worst enemy.

“He talks like a politician – lots of meaningless waffle and what he thinks people want to hear to make him look good.

“He seems to need to be seen to be doing something all the time…”

Anglia AddickMember October 2008

“I never liked the guy. always thought he was a smug g*t with a face that needed slapping with a wet fish. However, he joined Charlton and therefore had my backing – just like all the staff and players.

“Things looked positive when he arrived and even though we were going down I had high hopes for Championship season, unfortunately we look as poor as we did in the latter part of last season. Some of the team selection baffles me and comments about game plan are off the chart. And as for playing football the way it’s meant to be played… s***, how many shots did we have Tuesday??

“But I think we are stuck with him for now. I suggest he has a change arround at the training ground and puts some more posters on the walls about how to be confident and win games.”

taitr Posted 05 Nov 2008 12:39

“1. Has no tatical knowledge on a game of football
    “2. Gets the worst out of half decent players
    “3. Consistantly blames others when things arent going his way and NEVER takes any flack for himself
    “4. Brings in c**p loan signings
    “5. Has helped ruin 15 years of hard work that the legend curbs put in
    “6. Dosent really have a likeablilty factor
    “7. TIME FOR HIM TO GO
    “8. TIME FOR HIM TO GO NOW
    “9. PARDEW OUT.”

Christy Malyan 21st November 2012 at 6:31 pm

“By the way, a warning to all Newcastle fans about Alan Pardew – when things are going well for Pardew, they tend to go very well. But when the wheels come off, the man becomes somewhat powerless. It is not only his record at the Addicks that suggests this trend.”

bingaddickMember January 8, 2013

“I think he has always been a chancer tactically, playing players out of position, especially in attack.”

“I was surprised he did so well at Newcastle. This season, things have unravelled big time. What is astonishing, rather like with Dowie, boards are still prepared to employ a bulls****** who is full of front but very little delivery.”

Forest Hillbilly 19/01/2013, 06:12 PM

“Pardew blames the fans

“History repeating itself- 2 livid Newcastle fans phoning 606 in a rage at Pardew falsely accusing the fans of booing the players. Lining up another golden pay-day?”

Dave2l May 3, 2013

“When was you a manager?” (Pardew on Gary Neville – wt)

“No class, pathetic babble.

“If someone asked who would be a better manager to appoint Dowie or Pardew?

“I would say Dowie, does exactly what it says on the tin so at least you are aware you must get rid quickly.”

The Southampton fans

Saints Flyer Thu 09th Dec 2010

“Tactically Pardew appeared naive, he would often get it wrong selection wise and we saw substitutions made before half time on more than one occasion and early double substitutions in the second half were commonplace. In hindsight we were too one dimensional and relied too much on Rickie Lambert who was in a purple patch of free kicks and penalties but rarely scored from total open play.”

Ali Iveson 20 February 2013

“Not only did Adkins achieve better results, he also did it in style with a team who liked to pass the ball. Under Pardew the style of football was alright, but nothing special. It was usually quite direct and relied heavily on long balls towards Lambert, although to call it ‘long ball’ football would be doing it a disservice. Compared to what we’ve seen under Adkins, Pochettino and even Jan Poortvliet it was not too appealing.”

fatletiss 25/10/2012, 10:46 PM.

“I was never a huge fan to be honest. I thought he never had a plan B. when he came, a charlton fan told me to watch out for bizarre subs. I remember away to Huddersfield early on when we went 2-1 down, he subbed a CB for a CB when we needed fresh attacking options. There was always something I didn’t like about him and never really trusted him.

“Having said that, I’m grateful he signed Rickie and I must say thanks for a great day at Wembley.”

Saint Neil 01/10/10 02:08 PM

“Not sure why Pardew is held in so much esteem with some supporters. I always had a niggling problem with Pardew anyhow, too many excuses and not enough passion from the sidelines. We did well to get to JPT final and win but was this because of Pardew or in spite of him? We stuttered badly at key times during the latter part of the last season that ultimately cost us a play-off place, not the 10 points deduction, was this perhaps down to poor management?

“This was then followed by a very poor pre-season and and very poor start to the season, with players looking unfit and unmotivated. Does this smack of good management?”

• catchy in norway

May 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM

just need to say I never wrote this or got the info, I copied and pasted

this should be proof for all that say Ashley hampers pardew, Ashley wasn’t at these other clubs, or was he

• toon kk

May 14, 2014 at 7:46 PM

On Eds poll of who was our best player of last season, I was surprised when Williamson was top. I would call him mr steady, decent but well, just decent!

• GeordieTwo

May 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Bonsoir niafron. Have you given up hope for us yet?

• cyprus

May 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Catchy,
    I agree. These players aren’t as poor as they seem and the creatives have been put out to pasture…

• GeordieTwo

May 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM

That’s how poor we were for half a season toon kk mate. Willo our best player? Steady at the back yes but we’ll need a lot more than that next season. With Remy gone no attack, with Cabaye gone no attacking midfield, with Benny gone little creative wing play. Where do we stand? Neck deep in the brown stuff.

• catchy in norway

May 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Cyprus

it’s killing me, 🙁

I said during and after the season we finshed 5th our football has no foundation , we carnt build on good performances because there were so few, all we had was good results, of which most were down to luck,

I watched us play teams at the bottom of the league and struggle but some how win with either a long punt to Ba or a wonder goal by cisse or HBA

I was called by just about everyone for saying it as I seen it, I was told be happy look at the table , 🙁

now look where we are

• GeordieTwo

May 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM

What player with ambition would want to stay with us now? We’re losers under Ashley. How can any club just give up on the cups? The man is even more mental than I thought he was.

• toon22

May 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Yay

So the plan is to return to france and scrape the barrel once again,or maybe get some decent plodders who AP can get to defend right across the pitch.

Its sad but i hope we bomb and get religated twice.

• niafron

May 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Geordie Two

Always hope in football, but i’m starting to realize supporting NUFC is a matter of patience…

Cyprus

Certainly, but i did not think about the players since several month, cause for me, we already have them…

In french, we say ” le projet de jeu” (could “play project” be a good translation?) to describe the technical goal a staff must try to reach.

And we do not have any one, or at least, i never heard Pard Telling us what are his opinions about modern play.

Not clearly anyway…

So right now, players are only my third or fourth thougt, so can’t give you an interesting answer, but will try to think about it in the next weeks.

• BuckLuck

May 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I can’t find one good reason to watch us next season now that I know Pardew is in charge.

I’m really tempted to put this muppet show on hold until Pardew is sacked.
    I don’t need us to be a top 4 team and I don’t demand big money being used on star players.

What I do want though is to be entertained by 11 men and a capable manager for 90min on match day. They don’t even have to win as long as they try to.

Pardew… you utter limited leech of a lier. Feel free to drop dead!

• GeordieTwo

May 14, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Does Pardew not look at the players he has, some of whom are about to leave and weep? He will lose Remy. We don’t want DeJong. We might lose Debuchy if he’s still sane. We might lose Krul. Benny will leave, as will Marveaux. We have already lost Cabaye. He has an owner he can’t count on and no plan going forward. He’ll get a bit to spend but the club is a shambles and he will be destroyed next season by the supporters if we start off poorly. Resign now Alan and save us all some suffering.

• Ashton

May 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Terrible news. This mug is way out of his depth managing this football team if he had an once of dignity he would walk away but he is just gonna cling to his job like a parasite and take us further and further away from anything that could be considered “good football”.

He will get rid of any flair players we have and replace them with abject “hard working players”.

An ocean of shit football is upon us…

• catchy in norway

May 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I have been told this a lot by posters on here, be careful what you wish for ,

well I’m saying it right back to them , be careful what you wish for , because you wish for us to give him our backing, but he will take us down anyway , and when we go down we will not come back up for a long time , we will not have the players to do so, he is ripping all the quality out of it,
    not once has pardew won any league, gets up via play offs

yehhhh

• Ashton

May 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Cyprus

Do you live in Cyprus?

• toonking

May 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM

catchy

F1 drivers can’t win races unless they are given decent cars that’s why vettel is now doing bad and hamilton is doing so good.

england can have a manager as good as cappello (CV proves it) but they still perform rubbish when they don’t have the players for it.

the motivation of a player in this modern era football requires more than a manager and the proof of that is when a club legend called alan shearer still was unable to save newcastle in them last 8 games.

if players respected a club so well then ba would not have commanded pardew to play him in CF, he would have accepted being the wide man as he know’s we had a good line up going.

HBA would never have had all these problems over his entire career if he was really so passionate and infact if he was as great as people say then he would not have even came to newcastle as we were a team which had just got back into the premier league the previous season, the same with marvo.

so if you still thing pardew did all this and we have a great team then, why not start singing praise mate, start showing the world that this owner of ours is the great owner because for every statement that says we have great players proves you honestly love ashley and think he has did this club great because it’s owners who spend money, owners who decide how much will be spent on players. the managers job is to put the resources to use.

the only way a manager and owner can both be blamed is if you STOP saying DUMMETT is POOR because THEY are what DON’T require MONEY.
    HBA MARVO CISSE REMY DO.

• GeordieTwo

May 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I think the term you might be looking for in English is game plan niafron mate. Yes, we don’t seem to have one under Pardew except to get a 1 goal lead if at all possible and then defend desperately. Not much of a plan. And we never come back if we fall behind. A hopeless approach and definitely not part of the modern game as it is played by decent teams now.

• Mister Tuff

May 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Just read the Fans Forum minutes – not a lot learnt from the clubs’ responses – typical corporate non specific/waffle answers apart from a couple -continuing ban on nJC and confirming Percy Parsnip is still manager. All in all a bad newsday for Toon fans.
    Smiled about the bit that the matter of the club approaching other managers was now in the hands of the legal team. Initial thoughts wow a court case in the future to get stuck into. We will never hear about this again.
    The other bit was the land issue – questions were not really answered -there was a bit that they would have to buy the road to expand -probably not true -build over it – bit like the ten lane motorway under PSGs’ ground.
    Really nothing to look forward to -Ii do think that they’ll spend some money this summer but God know who will be purchased -might be an initial period of competitive football – but then the Percy effect will take hold ir they’ll be Pardewed.
    Bad day in the history of the club.

• the truth will out

May 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM

ashton do you live in bristol lol

• cyprus

May 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Niafron, I was wondering what you think of HBA.

Catchy, I was often left wondering how we kept winning, but we did, so I too thought I was wrong…

• the truth will out

May 14, 2014 at 8:10 PM

dont go to the games unless you love pardump and his fat lover

• welshgeordie9

May 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM

is there any transfer news today

• the truth will out

May 14, 2014 at 8:13 PM

yes banks are charging more for them

• the truth will out

May 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM

no doubt tds will have some pearls

• toon kk

May 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Our club is probably the most unstable its been under MA, everything is in such a mess from player’s, leaving or wanting out, a manager not up to the jop not to mention no ambition.

• padthemag

May 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Looks like season ticket sales are no different from last season so we’re basically saying yes please mr Ashley and pardew no ambition in the cups and the se old drab shit, we’ll not me I’ll let my feet do the talking and not just my keypad GOOD LUCK !!!