web analytics

Agreement Reached On Debuchy Deal – Good For Magpies

Get French Football News is reporting that Arsenal, Newcastle and Mathieu Debuchy have reached agreement on his transfer to Arsenal, and the announcement of the deal is imminent.

mathieu debuchy 98

Mathieu Debuchy – agreement reached

The deal is said to be for an initial £10M plus bonuses that will amount to 2.5M depending on the number of games Debuchy plays for Arsenal.

That’s £2M more than initial reports which said the deal was for an initial £8M plus £2M in potential bonuses.

And since Mike Ashley wanted £12M for the player,  if Debuchy does well at Arsenal Newcastle will receive £12.5M for a player we paid Lille £5.5M for 18 months ago – so if the news is accurate – that’s a good deal by any measurement.

Mathieu has agreed a four year deal – which is the time he had left on his five and a half year deal at Newcastle.

Newcastle have been linked with a number of top right backs in the last few weeks, with the favorite being Daryl Janmaat of Feyenoord, who is the current Dutch first choice right-back.

Mathieu played 46 times for Newcastle in his 18 months at the club, and was one of Newcastle’s best players last season.

We wish him the best of luck at Arsenal.

Written while on vacation in England.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:50 PM

The headline says it all about this club and its fans
    not a headling lambasting the club for selling one of our top players but stating good deal for nufc what utter nonsense and to all of you thinking of replying to my next statement dont bother
    this ed chap posts mostly falsehoods, and statements of other websites his next one will be oh well sissoko was,nt happy what a great deal nufc got off the bindippers (pathetic)

• welshgeordie9

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Nothing to do with the welsh comments either

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:52 PM

WELSH WHATEVER
    do u ever make a credible comment on this blog

• beermonkey

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM

evening welsh

so 10mill rising to 12mill is it a fair deal for debs

• toonicle

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Blade- Go away then, no one wants you here anyways.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:54 PM

bladeuser

i do actually thanks for asking

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Welsh

Its just that it wont end until someone decides to NOT RESPOND. Its getting like the Israel-palastine conflict….. no one knows who really started it, and like SH1TE will anyone try to end it sensibly!!!

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Toonicle
    i take u r one of these sheep who turn up to watch paint dry as long as the paint is a black and white colour

• Graeme

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM

More rumours that Sissoko is on his way out!!

I dont see how selling Sissoko could even be contemplated at this point, we should be building midfield around him ffs.

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Bladeuser on the otherhand is a confrontational c0ck head who needs anger management and a straight jacket.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Welsh i will let u know when i see one then i wont hold my breathe

• welshgeordie9

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM

beermonkey

To be honest mate i don’t know how much he’s worth, don’t get me wrong if arsenal wants to gives us 10-12 million we hardly are going refuse.

• Average_Contents

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM

• welshgeordie9

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Markaccus

No worries mate I will leave it go

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Markaccus
    if u were in a straightjacket i am sure u would still find a way to sjp for a tuesday night league cup game

• Slank

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Average C

I read that article too and was impressed with it’s insight into the transfer process. Not a straightforward process by any means.

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Mm mm mmmmm curry, beer and football.

• Slank

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Graeme

That article is days old.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Watch u dont slop that curry down your wooly jumper

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Bladeuser. I am actually a ST holder for Newcastle falcons. A rugby team not full of diving overpaid softies. I dont go to sjp. My 16 yo son does, and he is entitled to do so regardless of what a keyboard warrior tw@ like you says. Now, maybe you could use your blade constructively, like opening a vein for instance.

• Average_Contents

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Slank I agree it’s not all straightforward BUT we still should of had the majority of our targets in by now as we’ve had long enough to know that we’d be in this situation we are in now

If they’d have bought the players in when we needed them in previous windows then the squad wouldn’t need as much work as it does

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Opening your i suppose u would bleed black and white

• jazzyp

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Bladeuser
    Why come on here and insult fans of the club. You have made your bed and obviously decided to stay away….. Thats your decision !!
    But stop ramming ya f@ ckin opinion down other peoples throat. Every post is the same, All you do is insult and throw condescending accussation’s at everyone.
    Tell me whats the point ???

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Markaccus
    what happened to your not responding act

• welshgeordie9

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:16 PM

bladeuser

It’s not that easy to keep your mouth shut when there’s people like you on here

• Graeme

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Slank @ 58, Thanks for the heads up mate.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Its a free world still and if i have an opinion i am perfectly entitled to speak it and if i do repeat some statements its because most of the posts from certain bloggers on here r all the bloody same too

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Bladeuser

If it were just me you we insulting i wouldn’t bother. However, you are insulting one of my kids (and probably others on here) by proxy, and are therefore a coward and deserve to be told as such. I have had my say now, so carry on with your patheticness.

• Sazzer

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM

It’s going to be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. I will stop with copying sauce if there are no good news. They have claimed both Lacazette and Cabella bids have been accepted but that Lacazette hold out for CL football.

On the world cup:
    I think Netherlands will win.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Welsh
    so i have noticed with the replys u sometimes get

• dazzler

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I’m just glad this hasn’t dragged out, it means they have no excuse to get a replacement “ohva tha loin”

• beermonkey

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

welsh

at 29 its not bad price to get for him
    surprised arsenal gave him a 4year deal goes to show they were a little more desperate maybe we could have milked them some more lol

jazzy

how was ur day in btn did the wife drag you round the shops asking stupid questions about clothes and then after nearly 6 hour she takes you back to the first shop and buys the first thing she saw or is that just my misses

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Insulting one of your kids my ass you i have noticed take posts the wrong way its my opinion get over it and stop replying then or have i hit a nerve and u r not a falcons fan but one of the many ashley lovers

• Sazzer

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM

tonight I might add.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Sorry I lost my connection (there is a bad connection in our beach house)

I am hoping for a win to Argentina, but I think Holland might surprise!

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Markaccus
    looks like u have got the message
    or r u cleaning the beer and curry stains off your new shiney nufc top

• jazzyp

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Beermonkey
    Evening Buddy- he he he you’ve got it mate, are ya sure there not twins lol.
    Had a good day cheers. Ended up in harvester across from pier for some snap then on to lanes.
    What do ya think this good news is for Nufc tommoz???.. I’ll have a little bet on Cabella

• dazzler

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Bladeuser, Being a fan is subjective, different people have different ideas and no one has the definitive answer..I personally will not shop at sd, but will still get to a match if I can and watch on TV the rest. That is my choice, and you or no one else has the right to question it, just as you have no right to question anyone else’s on this site or they yours.. No need for the childish insults

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM

The good news is nufc have resigned shola on a 3 year contract

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Bladeuser

you are insulting EVERYONE who goes to the games. There is no other way to take your posts.