web analytics

Newcastle Not Yet Finished In This Transfer Window

We expect Newcastle to announce their seventh signing of the summer, when Facundo Ferreyra of Shakhtar Donetsk is announced  tomorrow,  or at the latest on Tuesday – since the deal is already done and dusted.

U20 World Cup Soccer France Mali

Alexandre Lacazette – still a Newcastle target

But we don;t think that will be it for Newcastle in the transfer market, and we could see a striker and a central midfield player arrive before the transfer window ends on September 1st.

Two Lyon players Clement Grenier and Alexandre Lacazette are still on Newcastle’s radar screen, but any of these signings will probably take place late in the window.

Newcastle need a central midfielder to take over from the departed Yohan Cabaye, and we need a player with skill, flair and creativity if we are to replace Yohan for the this coming season.

And another striker that Newcastle are still monitoring is Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who has recently said he doesn’t want to leave the German club – but Dortmund may be willing to let him go before September rolls around – and we was our top transfer target last summer.

And the Loic Remy situation is still a fluid one, and if no big club comes in for him and it gets late in the transfer window, don’t be too surprised if Newcastle make one more attempt to sign him.

But it’s also true that a number of Newcastle fans have been (completely) turned off the French International, because he simply doesn’t seem to want to join Newcastle.

And Newcastle looked poor in defense in the first half yesterday in the 3-1 defeat by Malaga, and we need to bring in another defender, maybe a center-back to solidly our defense, which has been a Newcastle weakness over the last two seasons.

So even though we have successfully brought in seven good players so far this summer, we don’t expect Facundo Ferreyra to be our last  summer signing.

What do you think?

Below are our three social media sites:

• colwell

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I woudn’t worry about Cabella he is a hugely talented and has more skills in his locker than HBA ever will. He may get pushed off the ball sometimes who cares we don’t want a team full of big strong players otherwise just call us West Ham.

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Poor effort Beatroll, you are capable of so much better.

• Beatroll25

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM

One must lower himself at times so that the primitive minds with which he talks to can fully grasp his intentions.

• geordie157

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Can’t believe some people are moaning about Cabella!!

Just hope we get a centre back in before the window shuts, Vlaar will do. Taylor can go play for Boro, i’ll drive him there myself, although knowing our luck he’d fail the medical.

• wolfshead@toon

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM

be a troll bit obvious isnt it?

• Slank

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM

tequilamag @57

‘…Cabella and Riviere preferred position is the one occupied by De Jong. It.s the one position we have plenty of cover..’

So what you are saying is that you agree that the playmaker is our weakest position because if De Jong is not the playmaker who is ?

Unless I have got it completely wrong (and not for the first time) but Cabella is essentially a winger who often wanders into the middle and Riviere is a forward who often drops deep but neither of them are a central midfield playmaker like Cabaye or Grenier.

The priority should be a midfield general like Grenier and not a central defender as we have four and backups.

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Oh dear talking about yourself in the third person. That is a good sign Beatroll

• Mr Magpie

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

mindshaft@71
    I think its a bit harsh to say both Perez & Riviere are poor already, they have not had great service as strikers.
    Colback could be a great help in cm this season & Cabella appears no more lightweight than most flair players he just needs educating about staying on his feet more in the premiere league or diving accusations & bookings will quickly get attached to him.
    All in all they have all just signed for us, played a few pre season games so lets just try giving them a chance before we write them all off.

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Slank I am pretty sure they all see themselves as a number 10 for want of a better label so I would suggest we do have a lot of options for that position.
    We had a terrible defence last year and although Janmaat looks like he could be an improvement on Cabaye I don`t see where the improvement is coming from the rest of the defence. Broadly I am quite happy with the transfers this Summer but that good work could be undone without improving the defence

• Spuggy

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Top striker needed but with additions of colback, Siem and cabella can’t see why we need another CM.

A starting CB has to be the next priority!

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Janmaay improvement on Debuchy

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Janmaat grrr

• Belfast

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Stop being positive tequila it stings my eyes

• firebug666

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

From Sky Sports

Newcastle United are on the brink of announcing the signing of Facundo Ferreyra.

The striker played for Shakhtar Donetsk last season, but he has refused to go back to Ukraine due to the political strife in that part of the world.

The Argentina U20 international has joined up with the Newcastle squad in Germany and is set to join the Magpies on a season-long loan deal, with a view to a permanent transfer worth a reported £6.5million.

Ferreyra made just eight appearances for Shakhtar last season, but managed six goals for the team.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said: “Facundo is a good presence on the pitch, a big guy at 6ft 2in, a player who has gone to the Ukraine and has been OK.

“If we manage to secure him, he would be a player who we’d expect to do a lot better here.”

Ferreyra would become Newcastle’s seventh signing of the summer following the arrivals of Siem de Jong, Emmanuel Riviere, Remy Cabella, Ayoze Perez, Daryl Janmaat and Jack Colback.

I like this bit:

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

why all the transfer gossip? it doesn’t matter who we bring in because they will be wasted away under Pardew.

I don’t understand how millions of Newcastle fans can see the major problems at our club but MA can’t see it!?

Pardew is no good here in fact he’s no good anywhere, he ain’t a coach or a manager, he’s an waste of space.

I predicted Newcastle will be amongst the relegation candidates this season and I’m going to stick by it and I hope MA will see sense and get rid of Pardew after 6-7 games into the season because MA has brought in very good players ( about f@cking time too ) so if he wants to make a profit on selling players Pardew is not the man to do this.

• catchy in norway

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

tequila

whilst I would normally agree the pre season is all about fitness, try a few new things , I carnt help thinking this one is different for pardew,

he has had 2 very poor seasons position wise, 3 poor footballing seasons In my opinion , luck got him 5th and luck kept him in the prem

this pre season, I believe he should have been going out with the sole mission of trying to build confidence for the fans he lost over the last 3 seasons , he seems to think he will just roll up at the start of the season and it all will be ok,

the way he diverted the problem by not spotting the problem area, trying to accept the blame by saying the players he picked weren’t good enough ( not his words I know but that’s what I got from them ) tells me it’s the same old same old,

I read a few numpties in here trying to say it was the attackers fault we conceded because they didn’t defend , really ? and that it was put right at half time ,

I seen it as they got there goals , won the game by half time then tried to use the game as a fitness boost

any way , regardless of the pre season , time is a luxury pardew does not have, he needs to be winning home games against the teams that finished outside the top 6, and be at least competitive against the top 6 teams at home , or the home fans WILL get on his back,

I can tell you his tactics for the new season right now ,

1. Defend
    get as many behind the ball as possible
    2. shoot
    shoot from between 20-30 yards away from the goal
    3. free kicks and corners
    aim them to Williamson

yippee

• HoboToon

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Like what i heard about this ferreyra guy, and has a decent amont of pace and skill for a big lad

• firebug666

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Hopefully Ferreyra will give us a new target to aim free kicks and corners at other than Williamson.

• Beatroll25

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM

The end of our transfer business?

• Belfast

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I think Percy is on his last legs anyway. A bad start and he’ll be gone.

• firebug666

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Done Deal

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Facundo Ferreyra from Shakhtar Donetsk.
    The 23-year-old Argentine striker joins on a season-long loan, with an option to buy at the end of the campaign, and has joined up with Magpies’ squad in Germany as they take part in this weekend’s Schalke 04 Cup.

Ferreyra came through the ranks at Banfield in his homeland and spent four seasons in the first team before earning a switch to Vélez Sársfield in the summer of 2012.
    An instant hit at Vélez, he was their top goalscorer and the league’s joint leading marksman in his one and only season, netting 17 goals in just 24 games.
    That attracted the attention of Shakhtar Donetsk, who signed Ferreyra in July 2013, and he represented the club in the Champions League and Europa League last term, scoring six times.
    Ferreyra said: “I am very pleased to sign for Newcastle United.
    “I like the Premier League and when I knew that Newcastle were interested in me, it was a very easy decision to make.
    “I spoke to my friend Fabricio Coloccini, and when he told me about the Club, I didn’t need to think twice.”
    Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew said: “Facundo is someone we know on a number of levels, including his friendship with Fabricio (Coloccini), and we think he could be a big success here at Newcastle.
    “This is a player who has played at the top level and is highly-regarded in Argentina.
    “He has tremendous potential and hopefully he can realise that here at Newcastle United.”

Official site

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Catchy so you would normally agree pre season is about fitness but as it is Pardew this time you wont.
    I would have been happy if Pardew had gone at the end of last season as we needed pretty much a huge overhaul of the squad so it would have been a good time to get a new manager as well. But as he is staying he will get my support as will all the players because guess what I actually want my team to do well and am not so blinded by hatred of one man I would rather see my team fail to get rid of him. The fact it drives people like you made is something of a bonus.

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Ferreyra coming to Newcastle will cause more concern to us but not Pardew, he will be utilize as a Target Man and we all know how Pardew loves his tall strikers.

so prepare for the worse guys HOOFBALL is the num1 style now so don’t expect a colourful season.

don’t believe me? well ask yourself this why is Sissoko playing on the wing and gets utilize as a wide target man?

didn’t Pardew learn anything from the world cup with France?

• firebug666

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Ferreyra will give us that height option in the box that we desperately need. The lad know where the goal is. We still need another good striker granted, but for me a CB should now be priority.

• lesh

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

According to Gouffran, ‘…. It is a different squad with new players and a different style of play.’ Really?

Some different players yes but having watched the first half of the Malaga game, I couldn’t see a different style of play.

We seemed to sit back and when Malaga did come it us, the defence was disorganised, seemingly not watching the game, disinterested!

Did we really have eleven players on the pitch? Where were the full backs? Nay, who was bossing the defence?

We seemed to treat the first half as an afternoon kick-about in the park!

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:53 PM

tequilamag

“I actually want my team to do well ”

your gonna have to wait a very long time for this to happen mate.

like what Catchy says and many others on here Pardew has kept his same style for 3 seasons now and he won’t change it, the only thing he has changed is having attackers defend that is all and that alone is a bad thing I mean C’mon look at Chelsea style with JM boring defending hit on counter, Pardew is using the same style

don’t believe me ask Chelsea fans them themselves will tell many of us that JM style is the wrong way to go.

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Black and white, the season has not even started yet. If you want to write us off before the a ball has been kicked in anger that is your choice. For me it is a blank page.

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM

lesh

the WB’s was the only position that impressed me Haidara and Mbiwa I thought we very good against Malaga.

the defence was shocking and Pardew want’s Taylor and Collo sarting there first and he want’s to sell Mbiwa?

• Newcastle for alltid

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM

We do need a new “main” striker, as I can`t see anyone in the squad fill those boots right now. But even though, I wouldn`t make the striker hunt the top priority. The players we already have in place will get goals between them. De Jong will score, Riviere will have a couple, Ferreyra might, Cabella etc… still, what we do in front of goal won`t matter at all if our defence is as incapable as it was yesterday, especially in that first half. Which is why one, if not two, CB`s should be the top priority.

We look OK in the fullback positions. Janmaat will get the job done, Haidara is a good prospect, Santon has his days, Anita can chip in if needed.
    Still, the CB-pairing in a 4-man defense is the most vital, and I feel like it`s been neglected for years. The fact that Williamson gets to play and actually looks decent at times compared to Saylor is remarkable says a lot about how little money is invested there. Coloccini is still top-class in some games, but overall he`s too slow and old. I still see him as a player who can get the job done though. Still, it amazes me that we still have Saylor and Williamson playing. They`re not good enough. The only time they look good is when they make a vital last-second block. The only reason blocks like that are made is that the defenders are out of position in the first place.
    I would get those two replaced sooner rather than later. I still want to see Yanga-Mbiwa one more season at least though. He`s played far too often in the fullback position. Like in Montpellier, he should be used exclusively as a CB. He captained them in the Champions League, remember. Give him a chance to grow in ONE position, and then I`ll judge him.

The fact is that we won`t even have to invest a lot to sign players who could improve out defense, which speaks volumes of what we already have.

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM

tequilamag

not in anger mate but in facts, in fact watch our style against Huddersfield’s next week and you will see what I mean.

• Sliema

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Tequila

I bet you wanted us to win v Liverpool last game of last season didn’t you?

It’s the short-sighted small-minded morons like yourself who are doing more damage to the club they love than anyone else.

I don’t think it’s purposeful, I don’t think you understand the damage that your unconditional support is doing to the future of the club, but I hope you realise and change your mind someday soon.

The truth is you do love the club, but you just can’t see the wood mate.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Well Pardew has layed down his own challenge by promising a better performance today against imo anyway a very good technical side but a side with a fair few players missing

West ham managed a result via penalties and he’s promised a more senior side
    The second half was most definitely an improvement on the first but that’s not really difficult
    As stated by most fans since last season, a CB is priority, the defence is f**king awful
    We needed Dier tbh but spurs were quicker to the punch but a CB in a similar mould to partner MYM is a must

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Black and white, nobody has a crystal ball. If we beat Huddersfield 5.0 would that make us world beaters ?
    Of course not. Pre season means sfa.If we are bottom 3 after 10 games then you are correct. Let`s have the discussion at that point. Until the season actually starts nobody can say for certain what is going to happen.

• firebug666

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM

tequilamag

I agree it’s a blank page mate, But to be fair the fans are worried after the performance yesterday. What we saw was a carbon copy of how we were playing at the end of last season. In essence Pardrew is playing the same old formation with the same old tactics, nothing seems to have changed.

Like you I still have a bit of optimism for the start of the season, that we may get off to a good start. but on the evidence of yesterday it’s hard to figure out where it’s going to come from.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM

jeff and 52

yeah blame 2 kids while so conveniently missing the atrocious defending by the very experienced colo and saylor,

Didn’t malaga’s young lad not score 2 goals

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I think people got to take into account the way we play over the last 3 season

1 – Deep line

2 – Direct/long ball

these alone ask to be put under pressure by the opposition but wait what’s this

my style

1 – High D-line

2 – quick/short passing

pick one which you think would do better against all the teams in the PL?

• tequilamag

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Sliema yes I did want us to win at Liverpool. I bet you were one of those calling people who did not want to boycott morons as well.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Sliema &111
    Sorry don’t agree with that at all
    Fan opinion plays no part in the actions taken by MA
    There was plenty of ill will towards the coaching staff last season but no action was taken
    I don’t think supporting the club in a different manner than you makes him a moron

For me the morons are the idiots like the wum from Norway who not only openly admits wanting us to lose but actually seems to bask and revel in the wake of our defeats
    Proper c**tish that imo

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM

tequilamag

I’m not judging by the pre-season games I’m judging by the way we play not the scoreline

1st season hoofball, 2nd season hoofball, 3rd season hoofball, 4th season hoofball ( this I can guarantee )

• Markaccus

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Tads

that last line on your last post is the nost accurate thing i have seen written on this blog this weekend 😀