web analytics

Pardew Still The Right Man For The Job

Dietmar Hamann had a good World Cup for Germany in the summer of 1998 in France, and he was signed by Newcastle for £5.5M in that summer by then manager Kenny Dalglish, but he stayed only for one season before joining Liverpool during the following summer for £8M.

didier hamman newcastle

Didi Hamann while at Newcastle

And the 41 year-old former 59 times capped German International midfielder still thinks Alan Pardew is the right man for the job at Newcastle.

Didi had this to say to the Express today.

“Well I think Mike Ashley came out and backed him,” “I hope he stays there. He’s in his fifth season. When you talk about managers getting the sack or being under pressure, the most important thing is whether there is life in the team.”

“There was plenty of life in the team and they came back.” . “They are still pulling in the same direction.” “They are still pulling in the same direction. They just need a win.”

“They need that luck so that they can turn things around.” “They need to get a win as soon as possible and the dust will settle. The team is very talented and capable.”

“The longer you go without win, the pressure builds but there is a good relationship between Pardew and the board.”

Didi played 31 times for Newcastle with 5 goals in that one season, but he pushed for a move to Liverpool in the summer of 1999, when Frenchman Gerard Houllier was in charge of the Reds.

He ended up playing 280 times for Liverpool with 11 goals, before joining Manchester City in 2006, where he stayed for three seasons and played 71 times with one goal.

Most Newcastle fans want to see Alan Pardew replaced as the Newcastle manager.

Should Alan Pardew Be Fired As Newcastle Manager?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Markaccus

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Blog stopper. I have visions of people typing up accusations of ” nar nar, you want to bear pardews children” And “you’re his biggest fan”

• Markaccus

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Rotonda

Yeah, but don’t say that, you are ruining another of his excuses, you heartless person, you.

• Our Toon

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Frank

You mentioned Danny Ings and Charlie Austin…sorry but these 2 have shown just what standard they are so far in the prem, no goals for both I believe and 1 missed penalty for Austin.

As for Walcott etc these are massively priced players, don’t forget Harry was running out of patience with Bale until his break through. A couple of these players have gone on to bigger things whereas the list of DUDS is far greater. In hindsight it’s great to say we could have bought this player or that player….bit like we we bought Viana why didn’t we buy Ronaldo instead?

Pogba was alresdy class which is why juventus moved in for him. Why didn’t we sign Zidane we he was coming through at Le Havre. Bottom line is young players need game time to develop and we currently don’t allow that. We could have signed the next Lionel Messi but if he doesn’t get a game he won’t develop and be a world beater…or even a class player

• jimmysmith

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hamman was great for us and then left for a “bigger” club after one season. What a rotter! I’m not sure they were. We had a super side with him in it, a Champions League side. I’m still upset with him.

• jimmysmith

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Actually, I take that back. Just googled it, we were bang ordinary. Sorry fella, my memory fails me.

• Whumpie

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM

This is starting to remind me a bit of when scottish people get all anti-english when the english just aren’t interested and don’t reciprocate.

..which winds up the scot even more…

I can’t remember the last time I read a post which would count as ‘pro-Pardew’. What we have had – here and elsehwere – is a section of posters who have (scuse pun) a black-and-white view of the world. You either want Pardew crucified, hanged and shot, or you love him and think he’s better than Alex Ferguson.

The rest of us recognised his (severe) shortcomings, but balanced that against the situation and the wisdom of chucking him out after two or three games – with all the potential implications of that.

After Southampton, you won’t find anyone claiming that he’s going to do well for us ever again.

That’s why the keep him/fire him polls shot up towards the latter after that match. Before it there was not enough evidence to make a decision. That match provided it.

Those who weren’t calling for his head beforehand weren’t “pro-Pardew” they were just wise enough to know that Pardew himself was not the only consideration in whether to sack him.

Get it?

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM

anyone know the status of arrons?

• Rotonda heights

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM

6 weeks out

• hibbit

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM

6 to 8 weeks out

• catchy in norway

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Whumpie

no, again your wrong

reasons for him to be sacked long ago

form in the 12/13 season, finishing 16th. 20+ matches with out a win
    repeated 13/14 season
    his head but

these arnt small things, it been luck why we have not been relegated under him
    his poor record against sunderland

• Mag52

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Whumpie@85

I get it because I am one who is accused of being pro Pardew simply because, in an effort to make their points, those in the anti camp can’t resist going so far over the top as to be almost out of sight. I feel it’s time for him to go, but I like a little balance and, dare I say it, fair play in the debate.