web analytics

Ashley In Player Loan Deals Between Newcastle And Rangers

Newcastle certainly like unloading players in January, and Davide Santon has moved on loan to Inter-Milan with an option for the Italian club to make the deal permanent at the end of the season, and his girlfriend Chloe Sanderson has taken a swipe at Newcastle by saying they are ruining the club because they are only interested in profits and not the players.

Chloe may be close to the truth there.

gael bigirimana training

Gael Bigirimana may join Rangers on loan

The three youngsters who may leave on loan today to  Rangers FC – that’s Mike Ashley’s other club – are said to be Gael Bigirimana, Kevin Mbabu and Haris Vuckic, to strengthen the Rangers squad.

Rangers are a massive 16 points behind leaders Hearts in the Championship, but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed sides in the Championship are in a play off with the 11th placed team (2nd bottom) of the Scottish Premier League,  to see which club gets the second vacant spot in Scotland’s top division.

So there’s still hope that Rangers will be in the Premier League next season, and a chance to get back into Europe again, which we assume to be the main reason for Ashley’s interest in the famous Scottish club.

It wouldn’t surprise us one little but if all three players move out on loan today, but they better take their winter woollies with them.

If Mike Ashley continues his interest and investment in Rangers FC, and is allowed to do that by the Scottish FA, we suppose we could see players moving between the two clubs in the future.

So this is the first of those deals, with three young Newcastle players potentially moving north of the border for the rest of the season.

We don’t know if this is good or bad.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Munster Mag

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Geordie Two, I hear Lascelles is awful these days !

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM

G2

Charnley in a chippy?? Hed be serving fish fingers and micro-chips, because he couldnt get the Cod and proper tatties over the line.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:25 PM

The club has worked itself into a real pickle now. An owner who has no real football interest. A group of supporters who will go watch anything, no matter how desperately poor. They say you get what you deserve. I always thought Newcastle deserved better but times change I suppose.

• ToonFromLeeds

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Sky Sports news just said Rangers could be signing 4 or 5 Newcastle players on loan? Wtf are we gonna have any players left?

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:27 PM

He should fit in perfectly with us next season then Munster mate. We can get Willo to show him how it’s done in the Prem. He can teach Lascelles his brilliant set piece target man techniques. Now here’s how it’s done. You knock the ball down to nobody in particular, then run like hell toward your own goal when you realize you’ve turned it over. Beautiful.

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:28 PM

TFL

I thought there was a limit on loan players from any partucular league? I could be wrong, like.

• swemag

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Pitty with Santon, loyal players should be kept. No place for him?

He can play both fullback positions and both wing positions.

We were not desperate to keep him but I also think we did not make a good deal of the sale. We lost money.

Anyway, him leaving will not affect us as a whole.

On the loan deals. Good for Rangers, good for us, if they get to play. I really hope Haris gets something out of it and he somehow finds his way back to the talent that he is.

• geordie157

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM

If it’s five to rangers on loan, Vuckic, bigi, mbabu, who are the other two going to be. Kemen and gilliead maybe

• ToonFromLeeds

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Markaccus I thought so too but that’s what they are reporting

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Spot on Markaccus @82. We don’t want to ruin any decent fish and chip shops with Charnley. Let’s keep him and guarantee our continued mediocrity! Huzzah!!!

• firebug666

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I thought there was a limit to the amount of players one club could loan to another, and also a limit on how many players a given club could bring in on loan.

Has Ashley managed to re-write all the rules?

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:35 PM

The Beatles used to sing about toe jam football. Now we play it thanks to Ashley and friends.

• hibbit

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:35 PM

swemag how do you know we lost money its only a loan what numbers have you heard

• Harley

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Average

From my post earlier. Ha ha, nice to see we agreed!!!!!!

Magscar

From the same post. No unfortunately I’m not a younger generation fan, I remember prob as far back as the dark mckeag days in the 80s. Even then it didn’t feel as soulless as this.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Magscar where have you disappeared to? We’re still waiting for more of your brilliant insights.

• tequilamag

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM

I got slated yesterday for saying Santon was our best LB. Today he is indispensable. Funny old world.

• toon kk

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:39 PM

When the window shuts in a few hours everything will go back to normal, we all know or should know how the club is run.
    WE have a choice though we either support the regime financially or not.
    Those who do should be happy.
    Personally I want more ambition so I refuse to line the fat mans pocket.
    There’s nearly always a free link so I rarely miss a game.
    One day it maybe worth renewing my season ticket. Well let’s hope so.

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:40 PM

G2

Huzzahh! Indeed!

We are, mediocre, say we are mediocre.

You only sing in the middle. Sing in the miiiiidle.

• The next Mike Williamson

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM

I would have sold Santon too. He’s a decent player but it seems he’s 2nd or 3rd choice left back now. Might as well get some cash for him and keep Haidara in the team.

• swemag

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM

hibbit

What I heard: loan deal that will turn permanent after 8 games played.

Fee of 3.7 million Euros. We payed 5.5 if I remember right.

His contract is out in 18 months, we have Haidara, Dummet, Raylor etc, to me it the club trying to save a few bucks on an asset that they can sell and that we don’t really need.

Still, loyal guy that liked playing here.

• magscar

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Geordie Two

I simply stoicly suffer the current regime. I know that a stadium boycott cannot be organised and various recent organisations have not been able to galvanise any reaction against Ashley despite valiant attempts.

If I see something that will work and I am capable of contributing in some way I will as I have under other regimes (to no avail)

Why must any poster who deplores the more hysterical and repeated statements on here be by definition an Ashley supporter. We plainly are not but most seem to be able to rise above something they can’t change. Better for the heart 🙂

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Tequila

The nature of the blog. If you have a group of enemies, they will disagree for the sake of it. Personally i dont masively rate santon, but getting rid of him when we are short all round in defence is silly at best.

• Thump

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:47 PM

@tequila: I wouldn’t go as far as to call him ‘indespensible’, and if we got a reasonable price for him I wouldn’t turn my nose up at it, but what’s getting me is the manner in which he’s leaving (as bloody usual, right?).

I just hope Haidara’s ready to step up, but I can fully see him leaving shortly too.

• tequilamag

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Mar

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Teq? 😀

• magscar

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Geordie Two@95

……. I have an offblog life – recommend it for keeping perspective.

• swemag

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:50 PM

magscar

I am with you.

It doesn’t matter what people do, in the end Ashley will walk away with his pockets full and the only thing we can hope for is that Toon somehow miraculously becomes as successful as it’s owner in the meantime.

A lot of frustration ahead. A lot of frustration.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Good comments magscar @101. I just don’t do the stoic thing though. Let’s move on by getting rid of the parasite. I would rather watch good football in the Championship than abysmal football in the Prem under Ashley. I see no other way forward than to force him out. Cheap tickets aren’t worth the price we’re paying as a true football city for letting this slug off the hook.

• firebug666

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM

On the loans to Rangers, the maximum number of loans from one club to another is 4.

52.2.2 No Club may sign more than 4 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) from another Club (or club) in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure.

• toon kk

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM

I can’t see the big deal with Santon going, he’s hardly world class, we could do with having a clear out.

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Soccer sauce
    #NUFC turn down Leeds approach for Remi Streete. Their focus is getting players loaned out to Rangers

5:50pm – 2 Feb 15

Beautiful.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:54 PM

As do we all magscar @106. Thank God for that. I love the club, hate the owner and have fun on here. My long term plan has always been to drive you all mad to keep me company. 😆

• Markaccus

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Toon kk

Because we are short on defenders. Even playing the lad out of position is better than no player at all.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:55 PM

That’s right Markaccus @111. We can’t do too much for Rangers. Or too little for ourselves. It’s the Ashley way.

• firebug666

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM

GeordieTwo

My psychiatrist has assured me I am not mad. Well not totally. NOTE: must try harder.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Yes toon kk mate @110. Let’s start the clearout at the top. Ashley OOT! Charnley OOT! Carver OOT!

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:58 PM

That’s the spirit firebug @115! Fong the mentally handicapped billionaire!!! Huzzah!!!

• Rotonda heights

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:58 PM

whatever happened to those spanish kids Concha and Mere, did I just imagine that.

• Markaccus