web analytics

Colback Not Available – Here’s Our Revised Team For Today

Rafa Benitez has said that although local lad Jack Colback is back in training from the eye injury he picked up, he will not be in the squad for today’s game.

We had Jack in the side so we have replaced him with 21 year-old Isaac Hayden.

Isaac Hayden – should start today

This is what Rafa has said today in the Chronicle about injured players Colback and Grant Hanley:

“Colback has to have another examination.” “He’s training but in terms of confidence it’s the last step.”

“Hanley’s running now and I think he will be training with the team next week.”

So here’s our revised side for today’s game against Birmingham City.

Darlow
Anita Lascelles (c) Clark Dummett
Shelvey Hayden
Ritchie Diame Gouffran
Gayle

A shock choice today could be that Rafa brings in the very experienced Cheick Tiote to partner Jonjo Shelvey?

What is your team for today?

• WWSBRD

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:10 PM

If Lansbury Shelvey event had been reversed everyone would see it as a red

But can we just leave it now? It’s just a way to take snipes at people and it’s been done to death now

• Jib

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:11 PM

• Mister Tuff

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:11 PM

catchy -@36 not so just pointing that out, that others (also) believe he kicked backwards – posted a few days ago that I believe he lashed out/kicked backwards. Matter of record.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Shelvey might easily have said, “Sorry that we had such a tw*t of a ref lads,” but you could see in his body language that Daley, oops sorry Lansbury had conned him and the ref.

• Jack Root

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Even on match days we have pontification from tuff!

• TyneMouth

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM

RAFA BANJO. Team to beat Brum…

………………….Darlow

Yedlin lascelles Clark dummett
    Hayden shelvey
    Ritchie Diame gouffran
    Gayle

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Tuff, again like you, not meant to be a dig. Just listen. Nobody was laughing at you for getting the whole thing tits up. They were laughing – and will be still until you stop wriggling – at the way you stood crowing about how much you knew and what Nobbers etc others were. It was your pure arrogance. Most people THOUGHT that Shelvey would get banned, but you insulted all and sundry and crowed and crowed and crowed. Just let it go and it will be quickly forgotten, but the longer you insist on trying to justify yourself the longer it drags on. Nobody cares now anyway, apart from your hurt pride. Let it go. It’s history now. All this does is confirm you’re an anal retentive personality. Seriously, it really doesn’t matter. We had our laugh – as we would have regardless who it was – and now it’s becoming boring. Just let it go. We’re all wrong occasionally you know? Only you are making an issue of it. Please, for the rest of us, let it go eh?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Jib

Irving Natrass, interesting selection, another player who didn’t have a long football career if my memory serves me right.

Decent enough team but I’d have gone a bit further back and had Alf McMichael in at left back. Him and Dick Keith were probably the best full back pairing we ever had.

• Jack Root

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Spot on Bobby. The old buffer just doesn’t get it now.

• Jack Root

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Spot on Bobby. The old buffer just doesn’t get it now.

• one fine day

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Jimmy
    Makes sense
    Never played it but understand def better playing it than watching .
    Do enjoy state of origin but it seems the only time you actually feel an atmosphere in the grounds .bit the like the old England Scotland home internationals games .
    Better get back too footy before we upset some one .
    Btw Do hope Billy slater will be back and fired up for 2017
    Too good a player yo be missing

• Jack Root

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Just to emphasise the point for tuff.

• WWSBRD

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Tuff
    What did u do to Jack Root I’ve only seen him post to take shots at u haha

U have a fan club

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Anyway, match day and better things to discuss. Brighton winning wasn’t as easy as it should have been against ten men last night, so the confidence expressed by their fans sound premature to me. That said, I want Brighton to come up with us anyway because of Hoots
    Good game today. Birmingham play football properly from what I’ve seen this season and I fancy a good competitive match between two footballing teams. Fancy 2-0 today as we play better football than them. 🙂 Howay the lads.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Jack Root/Ian – I was asked by Catchy to explain my position and did so.

I offered to debate the issues with you but you refused and clearly have only interjected not because of your interest in the subject matter but because of your personal hatred as you indicated in your previous post yesterday.
    You could have posted your take on the incident but choose to post to cause a ruck.
    stop your legendary blog mischief.

Catchy – please do not ask me to explain my position again as it attracts personal abuse.

• hibbit

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:27 PM

tony green not even getting a mention !!

best footballer to ever wear a toon shirt

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Hibbett, bang on marra. Pure class.

• Ron Knee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Rivière on the bench for Osasuna.

• WWSBRD

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Oh it’s Ian Toon?

• Tsunki

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Well, One Fine Day commented earlier on the perceived slow demise of the blog and to prove his theory right the usual suspects circle like carrion birds when they sense their quarry is surrounded. If anything puts the intimidated masses off venturing here it’s this. An angry crusader, a multiple stalker and a sniper or two and I wouldn’t blame anyone for retreating.

On the Shelvey incident, he was probably charged with striking Lansbury in the face, having found that not to be the case, it was dismissed. It doesn’t mean there weren’t kicking handbags going on, because there clearly was. It just means the FA decided that particular facet of the incident was not deemed by the ref as being the charge for dismissal. Matter dealt with on-field likely means that it cannot be revisited. So case closed. It’s a bit of both. We really need to walk away from this stupid non-issue and quit the points scoring.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:33 PM

ww – these guys are just trying to settle old scores. They are most annoying – they preach one thing any practice another.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:34 PM

……………………….Given….
    ……..Woodgate…Albert…..Collocini…
    …………………Lee……Speed…
    …Keegan……..Beardsley……Ginola…
    …………..Supermac….Shearer…..

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Anyway, can’t hang about, SJP is calling my name and I’m duty bound to answer. 🙂 Need the Gallowgate to get motivated today lads, to motivate the rest. Brummies sold out so expect competition. After Friday I trust everybody will be vocal and spur the lads on. Been gargling myself. 🙂
    Wherever you watch/listen from, enjoy the game and come back here smiling. Howay the Toon!!!!!

• WWSBRD

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Tuff
    It’s what u get for calling out Jeffery all the time haha

• WWSBRD

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Sexy Pete in the programme today I love that bloke

• hibbit

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:38 PM

try and behave children remember santa’s watching

good luck toon army

• TyneMouth

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:38 PM

McMichael and Keith were wonderful, especially with Ronnie Simpson in goal.

Ginola was a left winger. Shearer, Keegan and Macdonald together would be chaos. The number nine shirt isn’t big enough for both Al and Super Mac.

Beardsley has to play inside forward.

Consideration should include; Woodgate, Milburn, Gascoigne, Smith, etc…

• Budge123

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Nearly forgot.
    Rafa Bingo Bango
    Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Diame Gouffran
    Gayle

4-0 Toon

• lesh

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Hobbit

It’s a real shame that Tony Green’s Newcastle career was prematurely ended after such a short time.

He was a class act, a bargain at £140k from Blackpool. I can’t remember whether he arrived just before or after Supermac. £320k for those two was a helluva piece of business on our part. Were they Joe Harvey buys?

• Jack Root

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM

WWSBRD
    If you find out what he’s ever on about !
    It’ll be a first. I don’t tend to post but he’s got such an inflated ego and is delusional. Anyway it’s match day.

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:43 PM

No old scores Tuff, they’re always settled on the day marra. Just friendly advice. Take it or leave it, but you’re leaving yourself wide open the longer you drag it out. It’s a week old and there’s only you still fighting a losing cause. Let it go. I’m not having a go ffs, I’m giving you good advice. You can’t win this one, regardless if Shelvey did a Shearer on Lenton, the FA have closed it. Just. Let. It. Go. If I was having a dig you’ve given me loads of ammo to use, but I’m not. Everyone else can see that.
    Anyway, some of us have a game to go to and can’t sit here arguing the toss. Take good advice or don’t. Call it an olive branch even. Forget it eh? History. Not worth rowing over. Even for you and me! 🙂

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Anyway, I’m gone. Enjoy the game lads and lasses and if you’re going – make some noise!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Bobby enjoy the game, come back with a big smile on your face.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Hibbit

How could I forget him !!!!

I’ve shocked myself.

Back in the day I used to babysit for Tony Green when he lived near St Matthews church Dinnington.

Sorry Rob Lee you’re dropped for TG.
    😀

• JAMSHA

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Is it Birthday of our club?

• JAMSHA

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM

oh sory it was yestardy +_+

• Jib

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Tynemouth

You may have noticed it’s called
    MY
    all-time team

No need to come over so know it all and authorative.

I’ve restricted it to players I’ve seen playing in the flesh .

Therefore while Woodgate may have actually have been the best CB to sign for NUFC I only ever saw him on the box.

I knew Jinky (was at his wedding reception at the Gossy Park) and agreed with Brian Glanville’s judgement “Smith is a luxury most teams cannot afford”
    In the modern game his lack of contribution to the team ethic would probably consign him to the bench – not too dissimilar to HbA.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:25 PM

WW…,
    Aye, unfortunately another Ian Toon/carl etc creation who only posts to talk about football yet uses it as a platform to have a go a poster on his list. As far as I know Jack Root had nothing to do with the lengthy discussion on the Forest game yet here he is with so much to say after the dust has settled.