web analytics

Many Thanks To A Top Notch Website Designer And Newcastle Supporter

We’ve run this site now for over 10 years and the design of the site hadn’t changed it much at all and in truth the site was getting just a little bit dated.

And then in early April right out of the blue one of our readers in Poland Kacper Tylenda  contacted me right out of the blue.

Kacper is a huge Newcastle fan since 1996 – when he watched the Euros that year and couldn’t believe how good a certain Mr. Alan Shearer was for England – and then Alan joined his home town club for only £15M.

Kacper Tylenda – Website designer and Newcastle fan

Kacper was doing a course to brush up on his website design which he done in the past, but wanted to get into the business of designing websites.

He offered to redesign the site and was going to do it for his project – whether I actually used it or not.

Kacper was very persistent and great in that he asked what I wanted and then delivered a new site in about six weeks.

Personally I’m delighted with what Kacper has done for the site and he was simply a joy to work with.

I wanted to take the time to inform our readers of just how appreciative I am of the great work Kacper has done for the blog in difficult times.

I take no credit for it at all and Kacper was very aware of my current health status and on some days I was just too exhausted to do much at all.

He was extremely patient and understanding.

Kacper is starting his own business in web-design, so if you want a website built or know of people who want to redo their sites in any way  here’s his portfolio.

Kacper is a good man.

• Bambams

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:20 PM

Aye that shirt is shocking.

I just keep seeing fat Sam taking his jacket off as they walked around sos.

It’s not inconceivable that they just drop. Loads of debt with a squad not right for championship football.

Grayson is not a bad bloke though. Work cut out if he does take it.

• toontaff2

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM

The mackems’ kit looks like Bully’s top on Bullseye!

• toonincheek

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:25 PM

I’m happy enough (now!) with the new format – but –
    – hopefully – breaking the threads into ‘pages’ of 40
    posts and the numbering systemwill be sorted out.

As martoon says, all comments on topics before the
    format change (5th June) now CANNOT be read.
    That is a shame.

This is the last post prior to the change:

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:25 PM

I said that last week bro good minds think alike back to the toon tomorrow after 8 weeks

• WWSBRD (Goatmouth Fool)

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:26 PM

toontaff
    If I could be bothered to work out how I’d have that as my avatar haha

• Ron Knee

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:32 PM

toonincheek

Yes, we want those comments back – please.

• toonincheek

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:36 PM

I see the comments numbering system has been sorted,
    and this change applies to all threads in the new format.

• Jib

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:38 PM

Ron
    I suspect the comments pre-change have been consigned
    to cyber limbo never to be seen again.

Just think

Classic Mr Tuff pearls of wisdom like :-

“Sand-dancer is a disgusting racist expression”

(nothing to do with folk from South Shields at all)

now in some dustbin of the ether

• john tudor

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:50 PM

so you cant call Wilson and Keppel a couple of sand dancer give over man

• john tudor

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:52 PM

i think you will find it is from the immigrant populus that moved to shields many moons ago .my wife is one and couldnt give two hoots being called that

• Rotonda heights

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Good old booboo, always with the braindead, homophobic insults.
    Since you asked, can I borrow your face as my butt needs a holiday.
    There, have I dumbed down enough to your level now?

• welshgeordie9

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:07 PM

What a load of shite, so bored with this transfer window i would rather paint the town red.

Literally.

• Mr Funk

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:20 PM

Is it possible the delay in transfers is coming a combination of factors:

1. Waiting till it is after the 30th June because this is the end of the financial year

2. Players wanted by Rafa have been involved in the U21 euros and the Confederation cup

3. Ashley waiting for another investor to come in, so he doesn’t have to pay

4. General incompetence of management ie Penfold

What do people think is the biggest factor and is there any others?

• WWSBRD (Goatmouth Fool)

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM

welsh
    If only u had another club to keep ur attention eh

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Packed now for work then home tomorrow hope for some good news tomorrow if not we’ll see if hibbit 1st Julyssigning come true but not going to hold my breath.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:40 PM

Mr Funk; No 4

• Jib

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:42 PM

Mr Funk
    I think your point 2 is a contributory factor.
    EG we have been linked since the winter
    with Hector Herrera of Porto who is playing
    at the moment for Mexico v Germany

• Bobbybee

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:59 PM

Gonna watch second half. Miracle comeback for Mexico – 3-2. 🙂
    Anyway, leave ye with Ross Barley at 25 million. I would, anyone else?

• OneAlanShearer

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:01 PM

I’d refer King over Wilson. However gray, Wilson and king are players is prefer over Abrahams who is untested.

I’m hoping July 1st brings reina or casillas, lejeunes and mangala, fernando or carvalho, Boudebouz, Navas, Iheanacho and King.

• nufconceandfuturekings

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:07 PM

Great design, Kacper. And obviously, excellent taste in football clubs.

• Kacper Tylenda

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:07 PM

Lads! Thanks for all the kind words and feedback! I will consider everything and keep working on technical side of the blog in coming weeks. There are a lot of complains about pages in comment section – I can’t do anything about it. Our server got its limits and loading all the comments everytime someone visit the page is quite resource consuming. Blog had some down times in the hot moments (last time when we won Championship) and I expect even bigger crowd with new season in Premier League. But I promise you – I will try to find solution that will be good for you and for visitors that arent into reading 1000 comments everyday 🙂

I will also consider changing hearts into something more Geordie 🙂

I would also thank you Ed – you are amazing person and I am proud I could work with you! Im glad I could help you and make this place little bit better for whole Newcastle United community!

• lesh

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:08 PM

Mr Funk

I’ll go for a combination of 1 and 4. Waiting for the new financial year and not having the nous to sort out deals in advance but effective from July 1st.

I’ll add to that that I’m not sure whether there’s any cash in the pot at the moment. I hark back to Ashley’s assurance that Rafa could have all funds derived from promotion and player sales. So, taken literally, that excludes any surplus derived from last sumeer’s dealings and the parachute payment from the Prem. Surely Ashley wouldn’t do that, would he?

• Toonces

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Bobby … Wouldn’t mind seeing Barkley in a toon shirt at all.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM

welsh
    If only u had another club to keep ur attention eh.

Well at least it won’t take them long to sign a player and unlike us they can see the line.

• hibbit

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM

Kacper
    thumps up thumps down is the obvious one me thinks !!!!!!
    good job anyway thank you

• magspuggy

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM

I know rafa said he would like the new players at benton in time for pre season.
    With so little movement from premier league players i wonder if that will be the case this year.

I expect some players to be bought in the next week but half believe they will be imports from overseas with the premier signings joining us later.

Wages i expect will be a big hurdle and that could cause hold ups with players holding out to see if better offers come in.

We also have a big squad atm and need to move players on to allow us to buy.

Waiting for the new season is taking ages this year.
    It seems to be longer that ever this time around.

• WWSBRD (Goatmouth Fool)

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM

welsh
    How many players they signed like?

• Toonces

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:14 PM

Kacper .. maybe you could also put the links to the comment pages at the top of the comments section in addition to at the bottom? That way we can navigate to a new comment page without going all the way to the bottom each time.

That said, great job! HWTL

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:19 PM

How about a Rafa icon for a Like and a Mike Ashley icon for Unlike?

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:19 PM

Oh no i think I’m in line for 6 Mike’s straight away for that one, at least 🙂

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:21 PM

Watching the game before work that last goal was offside whats the point in having video play back when its never used once.

• hibbit

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:21 PM

WWSBRD
    according to sky not many
    SWANSEA CITY

In

o

Out

Gerhard Tremmel – released

Marvin Emnes – released

Liam Shephard – released

Josh Vickers – released

Owain Jones – released

Tom Dyson – released

Tom Holland – released

Alex Samuel – Stevenage, undisclosed

• Toonces

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:21 PM

In hind sight I wish we had only loaned Wijnaldum to Liverpool. While some here aren’t his biggest fans, he did well last year and he is in that class of player we need to sign this season and pay 20+. I ‘m sure we didn’t know Sissoko would go for 30M so we took the money for Wiji but we should have done with Wiji what QPR did with Remy for us.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:22 PM

You could do an emoticon buffet bar under the comment box like you-know-where does, for you-know-who. He he

• WWSBRD (Goatmouth Fool)

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:24 PM

hibbit
    Haha atleast they arent signing anyone quickly though

And did I not see that they’ve give old man Britton another contract? How could we possibly compete with that…

• welshgeordie9

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Bet you they will sign more players.

• WWSBRD (Goatmouth Fool)

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Toonces
    No scumbag who couldnt leave quick enough and doesnt try away from home

• welshgeordie9

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Britton is better than colback, Hayden…………….. Shall i go on.

• WWSBRD (Goatmouth Fool)

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:28 PM

welsh
    Flawless argument as ever hahaha bless ur little socks

They might though tbf after they get that Gilfy money they could buy loads of replacements

• OneAlanShearer

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:28 PM

Wijnaldum is invisible away from home. A luxury we cannot afford.