web analytics

This Young, Talented And Determined Player Deserves All The Luck At Newcastle

We are really hoping that Rolando Aarons can stay free of injury this season, after having a really bad time of it over the last three years with one serious injury after another.

Rolando has just recovered from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury to his knee and he is now fully fit and ready to go for the new season.

The 21 year-old has been doing some training before preseason started so he is already in good shape and we hope he can have a great preseason and then an outstanding season in the Premier League so he can start fulfilling his undoubted and enormous potential.

A fit and determined looking Rolando Aarons arrives for training at Benton yesterday

The 21 year-old has had to put up with some heart-break already in his short career with his many injuries, but he’s also shown he’s a strong character who can over some these unfortunate setbacks.

Rolando has been speaking to nufcTV and this is some of that he had to say:

“You always have competition at a club like this and this season is no different and I look forward to the competition that will bring the best out of me.”

“I’ve been doing a bit of training off-season to get me ready for preseason so it’s been quite a busy period. I had to strengthen my knee to make sure that it obviously doesn’t happen again, so I’ve been working hard in the gym over the summer to make sure.”

“I was getting better towards the end of the season and I didn’t really want to slow down with the eight weeks we had off, so I’ve just kept doing what I needed to do, so I can maintain and improve. I feel good, I feel strong and ready for the season.”

“I’m looking to establish myself, play every game and take that into the season because I want to play for Newcastle United. I’m not worried about last season, I’m just focusing on this season and player every game.”

“Been good to see the boys, get into the team mode again because I was doing a lot of work by myself so it’s just been good to be around the boys in training – they’re good lads and the training room has got good energy. It’s good to be back.”

“The boys are excited for the season, backing the Premier League, you can it around the training ground over the last few days.”

“I’m buzzing and just taking it day by day.”

If Rolando can stay of injuries and with the guidance and coaching of Rafa Benitez he can become a top player in the game – but we have to keep him fit and free of injury.

Here’s hoping!

Personal note – I had comprehensive blood tests this morning and have been given the go-ahead to have my 5th (of six) chemotherapy infusions tomorrow afternoon at Rex Cancer Center in Raleigh – about 10 minutes from where we live.

The first 7 to 10 days after the infusion are usually the worst with exhaustion the main side effect – and there may be fewer articles on some of those days.

Let’s hope we can keep Rafa happy and get more players through the door during this coming period too.

🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Congrats Jesper, just in time for the new season, I assume you’ll teach her to be a Toon fan.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Oops changed seats again!!

• toon kk

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Take care Ed

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:12 PM

I know it’s a bit of a cliche but if Rolando does stay fit and can live up to his early promise, he’ll be like a new signing.

• Legolas

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:19 PM

Good luck for tomorrow ED. Thinking of you and your family.

• JackBall

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Rooting for you harder than Newcastle. We will all be here waiting for you Ed.

• lesh

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:41 PM

Ashley’s really pissing me off. We scout, supposedly express interest in players and then it all grinds to a half.

I remember Ashley when he bought the Club saying he was going to have fun. Oh yes, fans read that as in fun watching our team have fun. But, Ashley’s idea of fun seems to be taking the piss out of his managers and the fans by playing his stupid drink-fuelled games.

He seems to be determined to be awkward and control events at the Club while other clubs owners see investment as a way to on-field success.

Every flaming window, the best laid plans frustrated by a power crazed drunk. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rafa is royally pissed off with Ashley’s shenanigans and walks before the window closes

• Rotonda heights

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:45 PM

god bless ed keep fighting.

• cyprus

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Four points:
    Main point: Ed you’re day man
    Second: Aarons, hope you stay fit mate. What else can I say. Aren’t there specialists there to help you build up?
    Third: someone suggested a poll whether transfer record will be broken. My vote: yes
    Fourth: it’s now safe to come to Cyprus if you’re a softy. Temperature below 40 🙂

• cyprus

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Day-the

• Jib - Jazzy's xenophobic mardy bitch

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:59 PM

day – works
    yore day man

• G

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:01 PM

Unusual below 40 cyprus for the time of year. They skiing up Troodos now as well?

• cyprus

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Jib
    Didn’t think of that. Anyways, Ed is a real fighter, he’ll be fine.

G
    Not much skiing on the mountain. The other kind, yes. Temperature about right for this time of year now. A few below Hades. Love it.

• G

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Sigh, I would kill right now for a full kebab in Platres!

• Jib - Jazzy's xenophobic mardy bitch

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Lesh(Dawson) talking to Geordie2

Eeh that drunken bum Ashley
    He’ll be the ruination of us all

• dok - the horrid colonial

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Ed,

keep your head up, good things are coming to you and to the toon… thoughts and prayers #harrisonsarmy

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:38 PM

like that dok……………harrisonsarmy ………………got a nice ring to it

• Markaccus

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:38 PM

Good luck, Ed. Had 4 courses of chemo myself so I know what you’re about to go through. Stay strong. HWTL

• Jib - Jazzy's xenophobic mardy bitch

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:41 PM

• Spreadthetoon

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:47 PM

Ed
    Not posted for some years but I hope all goes well with your chemotherapy. It’s a tough road but you are a battler. Be good fella. All the best.

• Burni

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:59 PM

Ed. Hope all goes well mate. We all think of you and everything you do for us.

On Aarons. I REALLY rate this guy, I think our youth is never given a fair shot I’m thinking Ferguson, Campbell and even Sammy. I hope he can get a few games under his belt and show what he can do

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:07 PM

Good to see you one here Markaccus my friend. I’ve been chuckling at your posts….

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM

I hope your chemo went well Markaccus. My uncle went through a few rounds. A very brave man….

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:11 PM

Our transfer record is a mere smidgen now. Surely we have to break it this summer to have any chance of a decent showing in the Prem?

• supermac69

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:25 PM

All the best Ed, thanks for a great blog I rarely comment on but have read avidly for a good few years,
    Thanks again and best of ..!!

• lochinvar

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Ed – good to know that you have the best of care and treatment during this challenging period.
    By the time the course of treatment is finished I’m sure we’ll have Bas Dost in black and white . I’m sure the blogging crew here will keep the information flow going !

• Ron Knee

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Lee Ryder reckons there’ll be a couple more signings in the next few days.

• jane

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:40 PM

am i the only one that thought Bas Dost was his surname 😐

certainly finds the back of the net on a consistent basis.

• Markaccus

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:49 PM

G2

Mine went well thanks (if you can call it that). I suppose if you come out the other side in one piece it has to be a plus. It was a while ago now, like. Just hope ed can be as lucky as i was.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:54 PM

Ron
    Hope he’s right about that. Gone a bit thin on the ground since Lejeune was announced!

• jane

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:55 PM

list of football club owners and their estimated net worth

who would you swap our owner for?

• YoungMag :P

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:58 PM

Ughhh who knew retail could be so straining on my legs and back haha. Im so unhealthy like wow.

• archaeomag

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:58 PM

Hang in there Ed

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:34 PM

Oh and another thing lads. Where is the decent club reportage? I mean where is it? Apart from Senior Official Club Journo I mean. It’s just been dross. Right then, I’ll have to have Rafa back on to explain what the Sam Hill is going on here…. Harrumph!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Get a good pair of shoes YoungMag. The feet are the key. Good support to the abdominal cleft is what you need as well. Make sure you’re not clenching either. Definitely don’t clench mate…..

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Anyone know anything about the released arsenal defender we’ve allegedly given a 2 year deal to Stefan O’Connor.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Now this is a key bit for the team Tsunki mate. If you want to be an experimental rocket bobsled man this is a key test. And it’s so simple and safe. You just take these containers of liquid oxygen and hydrogen and lug them into the old bobsled and snap them into place. I would have beermonkey do it but he always disappears when it comes to refueling. Can’t understand it….. Anyway where was I? Oh yes refueling. I would do it Tsunki but I think I’ve strained my right ventricle. Very tricky those are. So just get to it……

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:40 PM

Booooooooommmmmmmm!!!!
    Oh dear…. what was that? Was that some kind of explosion? Hmmmm. Tsunki are you all right mate? I think he’s going to be all right. I’ll just put the fire out in his hair and he’ll be fine….. I’ll be right there Tsunki!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:41 PM

Don’t worry Tsunki mate the medics are coming……. This is all beermonkey’s fault!!! Harrumph

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Stefan O’Connor, 20 year old, on loan twice while with Arsenal. Can play RB and fill in at CB. Not a huge deal but a bit of cover. Only one appearance with the Arsenal senior side it seems.