web analytics

This Young, Talented And Determined Player Deserves All The Luck At Newcastle

We are really hoping that Rolando Aarons can stay free of injury this season, after having a really bad time of it over the last three years with one serious injury after another.

Rolando has just recovered from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury to his knee and he is now fully fit and ready to go for the new season.

The 21 year-old has been doing some training before preseason started so he is already in good shape and we hope he can have a great preseason and then an outstanding season in the Premier League so he can start fulfilling his undoubted and enormous potential.

A fit and determined looking Rolando Aarons arrives for training at Benton yesterday

The 21 year-old has had to put up with some heart-break already in his short career with his many injuries, but he’s also shown he’s a strong character who can over some these unfortunate setbacks.

Rolando has been speaking to nufcTV and this is some of that he had to say:

“You always have competition at a club like this and this season is no different and I look forward to the competition that will bring the best out of me.”

“I’ve been doing a bit of training off-season to get me ready for preseason so it’s been quite a busy period. I had to strengthen my knee to make sure that it obviously doesn’t happen again, so I’ve been working hard in the gym over the summer to make sure.”

“I was getting better towards the end of the season and I didn’t really want to slow down with the eight weeks we had off, so I’ve just kept doing what I needed to do, so I can maintain and improve. I feel good, I feel strong and ready for the season.”

“I’m looking to establish myself, play every game and take that into the season because I want to play for Newcastle United. I’m not worried about last season, I’m just focusing on this season and player every game.”

“Been good to see the boys, get into the team mode again because I was doing a lot of work by myself so it’s just been good to be around the boys in training – they’re good lads and the training room has got good energy. It’s good to be back.”

“The boys are excited for the season, backing the Premier League, you can it around the training ground over the last few days.”

“I’m buzzing and just taking it day by day.”

If Rolando can stay of injuries and with the guidance and coaching of Rafa Benitez he can become a top player in the game – but we have to keep him fit and free of injury.

Here’s hoping!

Personal note – I had comprehensive blood tests this morning and have been given the go-ahead to have my 5th (of six) chemotherapy infusions tomorrow afternoon at Rex Cancer Center in Raleigh – about 10 minutes from where we live.

The first 7 to 10 days after the infusion are usually the worst with exhaustion the main side effect – and there may be fewer articles on some of those days.

Let’s hope we can keep Rafa happy and get more players through the door during this coming period too.

🙂

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Did I mention to Tsunki not to generate any electrical discharges while refueling? It was on my to do list. Where is my to do list again???

• Mister Tuff

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:47 PM

That bas dost seems a decent enough player – hard to tell his exact standard though by watching videos. He does however seem very mobile for a big bloke. If we get him he’ll have to have a decent service from the wings.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:51 PM

I like him as well Mr. Tuff. Is there anything to the rumours? If there are, this would be a very decent signing and we could relax a bit. If it’s all bollocks we’ll just continue to grind wor teeth. I can’t see us paying 32M pounds though.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Nobody understands retail sales quite the way I do YoungMag. If you have any other questions just ask……

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:12 PM

I was serious about good shoes by the way. Poor arch support can really make your back and legs ache lad.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM

G2 – aye the price does seem a lot, especially expecting us to pay such a large amount – might wipe out the kitty.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM

There seems to be a rapport that we have to sell (or Ashley wants to sell) players before we will be buying more…anyone read that?

I assume that’s why we keep buying and are being linked to bargain basement players…

• Mister Tuff

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:37 PM

jesper – it does look like a one in one out policy. To be fair we have a lot of deadwood to get rid of. Think there will be a few bargain basement types as well.

• kc2012

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:42 PM

• Ketsbaia9

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:28 AM

All the best Ed.

• Markaccus

Jul 6, 2017 at 6:00 AM

Apparently Boro will come in for Gayle if they dont sign assombalongadingdong.
    Cant imagine Gayle wanting to drop back down

• Lindisfarne

Jul 6, 2017 at 6:33 AM

Das Boat link has got to be one of those journalistic repeat payment articles, along the lines of Charlie Austin, good player but beyond the price of said to be interested club. Will never happen and Journalist still gets paid for the same article written for the past six or so transfer windows. Also the player does not fit IMO, he was successful at VfL Wolfsburg because of de Bruyne playing him through but soon moved on after the midfielder was sold to City. In Spain and in comparison to NUFC he must be in a whole team of #10. Strikers in the PL and particularly in newly promoted teams need to be able to able to make their own goals or create the space to perform, not rely on the service of others. Rafa would be much better of going for cheaper and more suitable options such as Andre Gray, who is reported to have a £15M offer from W.Ham.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 6, 2017 at 6:37 AM

“I’m buzzing and just taking it day by day.”

Good luck Aarons and all the best Ed, we all need you.

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 6:50 AM

MARK

Papertalk re Gayle. Rafa would put 20 million on his head, wsy beyond Boros means.

Next 3 out probably Darlow Hanley and Murphy

Should get around 15 million for them. Ashley will be happy.

• Markaccus

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:10 AM

Expat

Yeah I suspect so. It truely is the start of silly season re the media.

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:13 AM

Expat – I’m torn on darlow leaving want a top keeper in though.

The bit of info I gleemed about the next 2 signings from the mark Douglas fb video was that they won’t be the linked hull players and they will be solid players rather than exciting big signings. Of all the names mentioned that fit that mccarthy fits that for me. Everton are signing a lot but I don’t see mccarthy getting much playing time. I’d get him at the right price.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:19 AM

RIP Carol lee Scot aka Grotbags.

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:19 AM

OAS

I woild also prefer to keep Darlow but is Woodman the better long term prospect who could learn more from someone like Reina short term?

I dont want McCarthy. I doubt Everton will reduce their price for him either especially after having spent so much

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:20 AM

Chalabah in talks with Watford on a permanent.
    Surprised they are letting him go,Maybe the Reece oxford talk could be a Permanent as well.

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:22 AM

All the best on your treatment today Edd.
    Keep ya pecker up mate

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:22 AM

MARK

Aye…..apparently 20 million price tag on Andre Gray who has a year left on his contract and isnt an international…….ridiculous

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:23 AM

HAZZY

Who is after Reece Oxford?

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:24 AM

No Mauritius toon this morning. Another one chased away

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:26 AM

Expat – that is ridiculous (gray 20 million).

Woodman looks the better prospect. He might be better going out on loan to get experience though.

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:26 AM

JAZZY

Is it true you have a JIB fettish?……lol

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:27 AM

Hazzy??

We’ve been linked with him over the last two days mate.
    A solid buy if we could get him. Would be good to bring a young like Deli Ali through the ranks, Rather than him drowned at one of the big clubs

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Expat

He’s such a sweet friendly chap. Can’t see the attraction

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:29 AM

OAS

In all honesty, I havent seen enough of him to gauge but he seems highly rated by many.

Would it be worth putting him straight in, if he is so good, much like that lot down the road did with Pickford?

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:33 AM

Expat

Think he’s still a few years away yet mate. And by that time the big boys will be circling.
    Like you said it would be good for him to have a Reina to learn off for a couple of years to bring him through

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:33 AM

JAZZY

Apologies for the spelling mistake. Big fingers small keys……lol

You and JIB will be announcing your engagement soon.

I dont know much about Oxford but the player I would really like is the other Gray, from Leicester.

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Whaf about this loftus cheek? Whats he like?

• Jib - Jazzy's xenophobic mardy bitch

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:36 AM

I can see Rafa’s logic with Bas Dost
    If he really wants him and he ships out Mitro and /or Gayle as surplus to requirements then his fee is effectively halved.
    The Serb is wanted in Turkey and any Championship club would pay big money for Gayle.
    Maybe hang on to Murphy as back up.
    There are noises from various sources that Perez may be used as an out and out striker this term

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:40 AM

Expat

No worries.. been called worse lol.
    I agree about Gray, Another player we could have had cheap.

I’ve been on here along time now mate and never crossed paths with Jib, Although have seen how he operates with other’s.
    And out of the blue the other night I guess it was my turn lol.
    At the end of the day mate, Everyone sees him for what he is so you have to try and let it go over your head

• Markaccus

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:40 AM

20M for Gray must make the likes of iheanacho (spellcheck) worth 40! Bad Toss’ price of €40M is already insane, and apparently may not be enough. What a world we live in :/

• Markaccus

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:41 AM

:/ o_O

• jazzyp

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:41 AM

Hopefully Barcelona pay the money and buy Perez and get a proper Forward in

• expatmag

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:42 AM

JAZZY

I take your point about Dost. He could be a beast but Rafa wouldnt sell both Mitto and Gayle. It would be one or the other. I reckon murphy us as good as gone.

Rafa would have to change his system to compliment Dost to 433. In order to do that, he would need to buy another winger to provide the service. Gray would have to be that man

• Jib - Jazzy's xenophobic mardy bitch