web analytics

Newcastle In For 23 Year-Old International Left Back with £17.6M Release Clause

This could be a breakthrough transfer day for Newcastle with both Jacob Murphy of Norwich and Atletico Madrid right back Javier Manquillo, who played on loan at Sunderland last season during their relegation season, both having medicals in Dublin with a view to signing for Newcastle United.

A number of fans are questioning Javier’s performances for Sunderland last season, but we have to remember Ciaran Clark had a poor relegation season with Aston Villa yet he was completely outstanding for us last season after Rafa signed him for only£5M last summer.

We will trust Rafa’s judgment on Javier who played over 20 times for the Liverpool first team in the previous sedans so he cannot be that bad.

23 year-old Real Betis Danish International left-back Riza Durmesi

He’s also played for every single Spanish youth side including 7 times for the Spanish U21 side and with Rafa’s many contacts he will know all about this player.

And the latest news coming from Calcio Mercato out of Italy is that Newcastle are linked with 23 year-old Real Betis full-back Riza Durmesi.

Durmesi was born in Ishøj, Denmark and he currently has 15 caps for Denmark.

He is quite small at 5ft 6 ins – the same height as former right-back Vurnon Anita – but he has played for all the Denmark youth sides.

It was only last summer that Riza penned a five-year contract with the La Liga club who paid his €2M release clause in his previous Brondby contract.

In his Real Betis contract they have inserted a buyout clause of €20M (£17.6M) so best of luck at getting any club to pay that for the Dane.

However, there was news in January that Liverpool were thinking of activating the player’s release clause of €20M, so he must be a fairly good player if Liverpool were thinking of paying that much for him.

The report claims the Magpies are preparing a bid of around €10M (£8.8M) for the 23 year-old and that could be our first bid in attempting to sign this young left back.

What do you think?

• Bobbybee

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM

A quickie. Hart proclaims he always loved Wet Spam and can’t wait to play for them. Pass the bloody sick bucket! 🙂

• lochinvar

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:29 PM

Bobbybee
    With comments like that from Hart he must have been scratching his head thinking of something to say …

• Our Toon

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM

Markaccus

I can’t see how anyone can say gamez hasn’t been a dub, there’s a reason why he hasn’t played and he’s not here earning nothing. I do believe he adds value with his experience etc but it is wasted wages.

On manquillo I have bashed him but will give him a chance, this new link I know nothing of but makes sense if we are after him as to why we couldn’t have Anita at rb with this lad at lb……we would struggle with height

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:51 PM

People are writing off Sean Shortstaff already? I can’t believe it. He could turn into one of wor greatest ever midget strikers. To just write him off willy nilly is unacceptable….. harrumph!!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:54 PM

First they write off the vertically challenged and then they go after the rest of us. Be aware of this lads. We could be next!!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Markaccus? Tsunki? Surely you want to speak out against this?

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:57 PM

All we are saying is give Sean a chance
    All we are saying is give Sean a chance
    Hit it
    C’mon, ev’rybody’s talking about
    Ministers, sinisters, banisters and canisters
    Bishops and Fishops and Rabbis and Popeyes and bye-bye, bye-byes

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:57 PM

John understood the situation…..

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:58 PM

Now I’ve seen everything. We’ve gone completely willy nilly on here!!!

• Tsunki

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:07 PM

It’s because it’s neither Fu nor Fa, G2…. Neither Fu nor Fa.

You had to be there.

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:10 PM

This willy nillyness will not stand!!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM

“Neither Fu nor Fa Tsunki?” he splutters… Of course I wasn’t there! I was here all the time! Harrumph!!! I will get to the bottom of this anti-midget sentiment. I’ll tell you that…… Unbelievable…..

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:14 PM

Well? Has anybody got a solution? Other than John I mean…. I’m tempted to put my thong on and march on Carton House!!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:25 PM

All I can say is:
    “I have had a dream
    And in it we have midget strikers of all creeds and colours!”
    Hold on a moment lads, I’ve got to get out me hankie…..

• Munster Mag

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM

In fairness Bobby Rafa and Real are not a combination made in heaven and it always looked wrong. . Rafa in. Italy? Makes sense. Either way as it stands, avoiding relegation will be a success. This squad barely won the division and as it stands, I wud expect teams like Stoke West Bromley and even Watford to be safely ahead of us. More, and better, players needed.

• toon kk

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:33 PM

You get your hanky out G2 mate, leave ur thong in the draw though, there’s a good lad.!!!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:42 PM

Exciting news lads. Rocket powered bobsled Mark II is fully operational now and Tsunki has agreed to pilot the first night test drive. We have the course marked out…. Tsunki any thoughts?
    “I never think at moments like this G2. And now if you’ll excuse me I have a test drive to do….”
    Beautiful moment there lads.
    Right beermonkey start the ignition sequence.
    Three, two, one ….. and he’s off!!!
    Unbelievable acceleration. Stage 2 has just fired! Things are looking good….. wait, what was that beermonkey? Did you see a bright flash of flame there? Right at the hairpin turn….. I did warn Tsunki about the hairpin turn didn’t I? Now where is my hairpin turn reminder…….

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:44 PM

Well, normally I don’t march on Carton House naked toon kk mate……

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:04 AM

Unbelievably bad luck at the hairpin turn I would say….. errrm make a note for us to visit Tsunki at the hospital in the morning beermonkey……

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:06 AM

Right then! Through rain, and sleet, and hail I shall march on Carton House naked lads!

• Lindisfarne

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:06 AM

Munster

Are you sure you mean West Bromley and not Beckenham FC?

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM

I’ve got a lot to prepare for. I just know Tsunki is going to be a bit upset…… Evening lads……

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:23 AM

New squad starting to take shape now, as you’d expect. LeJeune and Murphy in. Saivet and De Jong back in the mix. And six weeks left in the window to finalise the group.

• expatmag

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:42 AM

Rafa is putting togethr quite a canny squad. I can see Dejong coming good and looking at the squad in depth, it is young, talented, creative with bags of pace especially on the flanks and could be defensively formidable. If we could sign a world class experienced keeper like Reina, we would be pretty damn close to a top 8 squad.

A starting line up could be:

Reina

Yedlin Dejeune Lascelles Dummett

Shelvey Hayden

Ritchie Dejong Murphy

Gayle

Subs Woodman Clark Atsu Aarons Perez Manquillo Mitrovic

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:39 AM

@expat – I really hope you’re being sarcastic with that…

I really, really hope you’re joking.

• Bobbybee

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:21 AM

Gonufc, he probably means it mate. Don’t worry though, nobody takes a word he says seriously… er, lol? 🙂

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:25 AM

Yeah, yeah, but come on- top 8?!

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:23 AM

We need a few more in, but eighth is not outlandish if we do. West Ham have made a couple of good signings, but they are so bad at home they are no better chance than us, and as for the rest…meh!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:32 AM

Munster,
    We barely won the league? We won it with the joint third highest points in the leagues history and had we brought in the players that we would have used in the PL in January we would have broke the record. We were also competing with a Brighton team that had vastly experienced Championship manager CH in charge, who by the way we beat twice.
    So although we had by far the best squad in the Championship we now have the worst in the PL, you can’t have it both ways.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Our Toon,
    Just because Dummet stayed fit and Anita and Yedlin kept him out of the side does not mean Gamez was a dud. Rafa was obviously aware of our defensive short comings over the years and needed to do something about it. Clarke and Lascelles kept Mbemba and Hanley out of the team, does that mean they are both duds. We had something like six defenders when Rafa came in and then let three of them go in the summer. Considering we had the best defensive record in the division and don’t think he patched it up too badly.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:48 AM

I think the team was excellently put together last year. We’ve had some one suggest that the team should have been made up of young hopefuls, basically a team of Vukics, Sameobi’s Abeids, Mbabu etc, can you imagine e the flak directed at him when this young team simply couldnt handle the pressure of a 46 game slog. The team had a steady mix of both PL and Championship experience and will hold it’s own this season while we slowly put together a team Rafa thinks can compete at the top.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:54 AM

Their might be PL experience in the team but it’s basically a championship team at best with a few standout players…

…those bought so far does not raise the standard as I see it…the status quo is maintained.

I had hoped Rafa had aspired to more…I wonder if any of these players were identified before the summer as targets….somehow I hardly doubt they were our first or second choice.

Lilongwe…as far as I remember I never said anything about wanting PL experience before quality…I believe I said I wanted proven quality? Feel free to correct me if I forgot to mention that.

Some people are excited about this current plan and players coming in…others are not.

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Jesper you are the worst! Not a fan at all.