web analytics

The Former Player Who Still Loves Newcastle United

Former midfielder Gini Wijnaldum has been interviewed by ESPN today and he has talked about his former club Newcastle United.

Gini was moved out last summer when Liverpool came in and met Newcastle’s asking price of £25M for him, which was over a £10M profit in one year after we had signed the playmaker for around £14M two years ago from PSV.

He was voted the Dutch player of the Year in the previous season as PSV won the Eredivisie.

But we always thought Gini – while never wanting to play in England’s second division – nevertheless conducted himself with professionalism and class last summer and he kept quiet about things until he was eventually sold.

Former Newcastle midfielder Gini Wijnaldum – now at Liverpool

That was unlike some other player who we will not mention, other than to say his first name is Moussa and his career is in the tank this summer.

🙂

Gini has done very well at Liverpool and in our opinion he was the really class player we lost due to relegation last summer.

This is what Gini has said about Newcastle United today to ESPN:

“Newcastle United are a club which is in my heart.” “They gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League.”

“The fee was a lot of money at the time and a lot of clubs didn’t want to take the risk that they took.” “The people at the club and the fans treated me real good.

“I don’t have a bad word to say about Newcastle and I am happy that they are back in the Premier League where they belong.

“Will I get a good reception there? I don’t know.”

“I heard it won’t be great for me but I still love that club.”

“When I needed them, when I went there as a new signing, they supported me. I had a feeling they were happy I was there.”

“When a club like Liverpool come and give you the opportunity to play in the Premier League again…it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world so I didn’t think twice.”

“I wanted to make the transfer and I’m happy that I did.”

26 year-old Wijnaldum will likely be booed when he plays at St. James’ Park in the coming season, but when you are judging the person – Gini is a good man.

That’s our opinion.

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:27 AM

jesper

To quote the song:-

“The key word is survival (on the new frontier).”

• Jack Root

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM

jesper
    You are the biggest loser. Please leave the blog.
    Goodbye.

• toontaff2

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Would make sense to cash in on Mitro, keep Murph and bring in a decent forward to fit the way Rafa wants to play.

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Jack Root

Who gave you the right to say who posts on this blog?

• SPRINGY

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM

Rafa has said that McCarthy is not a priority,according to the chronicle….glad to hear that….they are wantin far to much money for him so im glad we are concentrating on other players and positions.

• toontaff2

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Looks like Jesper’s not on the list of approved bloggers.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Yeah
    Cash in on Mitro – butfirst we would have to get another forward over the line as we could come up short like when we sold Carroll on the last day of the window.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:45 AM

So there’s a list of approved bloggers now…I don’t think I got that memo…might have to see that list (not sure I want to be associated with that lot anyway)

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:48 AM

jesper

There’s the famous Groucho Marx quote:-

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

• yorkshire_magpie

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Sell Mitro and replace him with the one and only……The beast….. Shefki Kuqi!!!

• hibbit

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Jack Root

Who gave you the right to say who posts on this blog ????

why don’t you pi$$ off ignorant twat

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Personally I thought both Mitro and Perez have been great in the PL…they weren’t championship players and didn’t really fit the league.

I am more concerned about Gayle to be honest…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Don’t be too hard on Jack Root…he has enough on his plate as it is!

• Jib

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Sometimes I feel like clubbing Jesper’s member
    😀

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:53 AM

Ron… 😀

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:54 AM

…it goes for you too Jeff!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:56 AM

If I not a hit with the likes of Jack Root, Jeff, Jail and Ian and all his personas then I count myself as a lucky man!

• Jack Root

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:56 AM

Jib
    Ha Ha. Humour bypass me thinks.

• Legolas

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:00 PM

I can see why Rafa is buying certain players. They may not be the marquee signing we all want but depth of squad is important. He is buying players to compete in positions.
    Saying that I would love to add these players in our squad and we should have the funds to do it.

LB Kieran Gibbs 10/12 million but looks like he is away to WBA

MID Fabian Delph 12 million

ST Hernandez 13 million

Outlay = 35/37. I think it would improve our team with a British core.

• ScoopSouthAfrica

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:02 PM

Well well well Mr Tuff…..
    Are people not allowed a bit of fun and frivolity on this blog.
    Martoon good response with Paul Dickov & Chopra.
    Brings back memories from way back when, but there was a comedian who did a horse race commentary finishing over the last furlong or so which got a bit near the knuckle but it was a LOL moment.
    Anybody remember it??????

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Legolas…I think most of us agree we need competition in all positions and you’re right we might not buy any marquees this window…

…a concern I have and others is the quality of the players we are signing so far…I had hoped we would at least look to bring in better than what we currently have.

The players you mention would at least do that…

• Mister Tuff

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Scoop – nothing the matter with a bit of humour – especially my quality gags. But the jokes depends of who you are -a group like Jib and the approved list of bloggers will only applaud humour from their cronies and lickspittles – I suppose it’s re-enforces their togetherness/bonds.

jesper – worry not about the approved list of bloggers – it’s basically all the knackers.

• john tudor

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM

tuff hahah lol smsl

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:16 PM

Senor Tuff…I had my suspicion mate

…you had warned me about the quality blogging when I came back on here

• Jib

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Aidan J Harvey’s – Peter O’Sullivan impersonation ?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:18 PM

toontaff

Therefore does that elevate his blog status? 🙂

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM

Charlie in the gallowgate @88
    Much rather we use mitro as bait to hook the bas dost .
    I recall mitro and dad dragging out the process to sign for us while they were considering offers from Portugal .
    Think mitro would do well there too ..less physical and more time on the ball than he got in the prem .
    Just in case Rafa’s reading the blog like ?

• Jib

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM

He used to drum his fingers against the mic to sound like horses hooves

• Mister Tuff

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Scoop – look there we go Tudors’ had a laugh at my quality gags.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM

ofd – I agree on Mitro – I quite like the lad and the fight in him but I’m slowly converting into thinking we need somebody a lot better – someone as you say like Bas Dost.
    Nippy wingers – Dost in the middle = bucket load of goals.

• ScoopSouthAfrica

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM

JIB @106…
    I will check Aiden J Harvey….
    The humour was all about the horses names which when interchanging positions created the laughter.

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Anyone looking for some fine cricket name based humour just google or you tube Billy Birmingham. 12 th man … Well worth a listen

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:24 PM

Jæsper,
    No need to be like that 🙁 btw Jack Root along with Ian Toon is one of carls personas

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Tuff
    Thinking same wish we had the luxury of having a top top striker and having mitro as an in pact last 30 minute guy but while I love his passion and that he clearly loves playing for us I just don’t think he has the disciplin that Rafa wants

• Jib

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:29 PM

Tuff
    Do you actually use two devices ?
    If not , your switch between Tuff and Tudor is remarkably quick.

• Jack Root

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Jail
    You daft beggar. As JT might say. You’re the kind of fellow tha ye could use as a blueprint te build an eejit.

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:34 PM

12th man for those who are interested

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM

OneFineDay
    Knowing the TOON they would use him as bait yet let the catch get off the line.

Anyway has Murphy signed yet or is this a dragger.

Like to see the TOON get his brother and keep Dayrl Murphy

play all three in a game – commentators nightmare.

what would you call three murphys – a herd, a murmer???

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:40 PM

Three murphys ?
    If your living in cork that would a grande old lunch break 🙂