web analytics

The Former Player Who Still Loves Newcastle United

Former midfielder Gini Wijnaldum has been interviewed by ESPN today and he has talked about his former club Newcastle United.

Gini was moved out last summer when Liverpool came in and met Newcastle’s asking price of £25M for him, which was over a £10M profit in one year after we had signed the playmaker for around £14M two years ago from PSV.

He was voted the Dutch player of the Year in the previous season as PSV won the Eredivisie.

But we always thought Gini – while never wanting to play in England’s second division – nevertheless conducted himself with professionalism and class last summer and he kept quiet about things until he was eventually sold.

Former Newcastle midfielder Gini Wijnaldum – now at Liverpool

That was unlike some other player who we will not mention, other than to say his first name is Moussa and his career is in the tank this summer.

🙂

Gini has done very well at Liverpool and in our opinion he was the really class player we lost due to relegation last summer.

This is what Gini has said about Newcastle United today to ESPN:

“Newcastle United are a club which is in my heart.” “They gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League.”

“The fee was a lot of money at the time and a lot of clubs didn’t want to take the risk that they took.” “The people at the club and the fans treated me real good.

“I don’t have a bad word to say about Newcastle and I am happy that they are back in the Premier League where they belong.

“Will I get a good reception there? I don’t know.”

“I heard it won’t be great for me but I still love that club.”

“When I needed them, when I went there as a new signing, they supported me. I had a feeling they were happy I was there.”

“When a club like Liverpool come and give you the opportunity to play in the Premier League again…it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world so I didn’t think twice.”

“I wanted to make the transfer and I’m happy that I did.”

26 year-old Wijnaldum will likely be booed when he plays at St. James’ Park in the coming season, but when you are judging the person – Gini is a good man.

That’s our opinion.

• martoon

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM

I’m not sure whether it is more of an honour to be on Jack’s approved blogger list or Tuff’s knacker list? 😀

• Mister Tuff

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM

jesper – I do not know if you read it but Jib got the year of our Fairs Cup win wrong a few days ago – he was immediately applauded by Jack Root (aka carl/Ian Toon) who congratulated him for “reading the brief”.
    Knackers applauding knackers posting erroneous information.
    Jib further added to his gaffe by adding a huge whopper in that he was coming out of school and saw bus loads of wild Scotsman (Rangers fans) that day.

Somebody later threw him a lifeline and suggested the bus load of Scotman may have been Celtic Supporters – clearly this could not be the case as the friendly with Celtic was on a Saturday ( I was there) and in the UK kids do not go to school on a Saturday.

All tosh and bluster.

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Charlie
    I can just see the line from penfold …….ohh shit we had him ..we had him then he bit clean through the trace before we could get the net under him ……was massive n all …would have filled the boat lads I tell thee etc etc …

• hibbit

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Charlie

a murmer of murphy’s definitely has a ring to it

• john tudor

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM

do not drag me into your blog tiffs

• ToonGoodToBeTrue

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Just watching the Leicester v WBA game. Neither team looks that impressive, I feel confident we could take points from these teams as long as Rafa has us well drilled and organised in what he wants us to do.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:49 PM

onefineday
    fisherman’s tale I the got away – it was this long

• one fine day

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Murphys ?We could scout the league of Ireland , sign three more and we’d have a six pack ?

• Jack Root

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM

martoon
    There’s no approved blogger list that I am aware of. But whilst everybody has the reet to be stupid, there are those that are abusing the privilege.
    Aa’ve frequently had a really canny time on here but not with those that when they suck a lemon, the lemon pulls a face.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM

Senor Tuff…we all knew that about Jib anyway…I have started to feel sorry for him actually

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM

@SkySports_Keith was at Newcastle united training this morning Jacob Murphy trained with number 30 looks officially done #NUFC #jacobmurphy

• DaraghL

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Martoon – Chopra Dickov gave me a good chuckle

Reminds me of when Ireland finally named the line-up every immature fan was waiting for (Shane) Long & (Simon) Cox….defences were terrified of Long Cox

And I’m 14 again…

• martoon

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM

DaraghL @132 – I think most men never lose their schoolboy sense of humour (much to my wife’s annoyance) – I suppose you could argue that a team with Long, Cox against a team with Chopra, Dickov should cancel each other out! 😉

• Markaccus

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:38 PM

holy sh1t! I vanish for an hour or so, and when I come back, everyone is talking about Pen1ses. What on earth is happening to the world o_O

• Markaccus

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:51 PM

I see we are signing that Swedish player… Throben Dongerson

• martoon

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Markaccus @134 – I think that might be my fault with my post @19

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:57 PM

Well we were looking at Arshaving a couple of years back.

• Bobbybee

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Mr T, not a dig mate, but your expressing such disgust at men holding other men’s Willie’s may be viewed as homophobic. I wouldn’t say anything, but Young Magpie from Burnley is gay and posts on here regularly.
    You and me come from a different generation to the present one and I’m sure you didn’t intend any disrespect, but some might not see it that way.
    Don’t take that the wrong way mate, I’m sure you didn’t mean any disrespect.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM

See in The Canary that HS2 is going to be the most expensive White elephant in the world so that (here come the football connection) London club fans can get to Birmingham twenty minutes faster.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:05 PM

Whilst I think about and going back to the Hearts game, it looks like Cathro is doing a good job there, it was a good run out for our lads.