web analytics

Newcastle Team Photo For Season Released – One Player Missing

The team photo for Newcastle United for this season has finally been released, and there are 26 players in the squad.

And as we looked through the players one player is missing – local lad Jack Colback.

Rafa has mentioned that Jack knew the score if he stayed at Newcastle this season.

And it seems the manager will leave Jack out in the cold until January rolls around when he can be sold or loaned out.

Jack annoyed Rafa when he refused to join the first team training during the summer to make the numbers up when some players were out.

Rafa will not have him part of the training presumably because his attitude is not right.

Newcastle United first team squad – 2017-2018

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Newcastle have the NBC documentary on Newcastle that was shown over here before last week’s game with Brighton – there was one on Brighton too.

It shows Newcastle in very good light and especially our fans – a definite must watch!

Here it is.

Howay The Lads!!

• cyprus

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:21 PM

Scratch that 🙂

• ShirebrookToon

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:23 PM

Oh dear Everton

• The blogger formally known as OP

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Taxi for, has he not gone yet?

• martoon

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:36 PM

On topic is it me or is that team photo severely photoshopped? All the players and staff look like cardboard cut-outs aligned perfectly in rows.

• hibbit

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:39 PM

Chancel
    maybe you should read catchy’s posts from earlier today re Lascelle
    he definable wasn’t praising him…………………….. no love there

• Ron Knee

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:46 PM

• Our Toon

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:48 PM

The most important qualities at international level is having defenders that can defend well and be comfortable with the ball at there feet. Laschelles isn’t comfortable with the ball at his feet, in fact he’s horrible with the ball at his feet. For that reason alone I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as Maguire or good enough for a call up.

He’s done well for us at this level and is prone to errors as he’s still youngish.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:22 PM

Maybe using the ‘in the Catchy camp’ line, did me no favours. I was working under the assumption Catchy saw him as the 4th best defender, but not necessarily bad. I see him as 3rd best and a good defender, but not great.
    And it looks like Rafa is a stickler for photos aswell. I suspect Colbacks ginger ruined the aesthetic and Rafa sent him home.

• catchy in norway

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:22 PM

Martoon

i don’t think it’s wrong at all to compare Terry with Lascelles, Terry was captain of chelsea at 24, both had aspersions of playing for England.

• martoon

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:26 PM

Ron Knee – Cheers yes the photos look a bit better there. I think it must be the way Ed has copied them into the blog – they’ve lost resolution and just look a bit strange.

• martoon

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:37 PM

Catchy I never said wrong I said unfair. By your logic Mitrovic is a waste of space as well because Shearer (the most prolific Premiership striker ever) had scored a lot more goals at the same age!

• catchy in norway

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:38 PM

chancle

i have never said he is a bad defender, i just don’t think he is good enough for the premiership or where we want to be.
    he got the captaincy by making his mouth go at the end of the relegation season and said the right things, his abilities don’t match his words though.

last season on pretty much every blog or paper Clarke was our best defender, but somehow Lascelles is the new darlin,

i don’t get it, i don’t see it. overhyped English man, that’s all he is.

• catchy in norway

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:41 PM

martoon

not at all, shearer had great players around him most of his career.

Mitro has potential, and once he finally sorts his head out he will flourish. and to be fair , mitro plays for his country

• catchy in norway

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:43 PM

taken penalties out of the equation, Sir Les is the most prolific striker by the way

• Lindisfarne

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:45 PM

I have never understood those that dig out Dummett, I always thought he was a Central Defender in waiting, was gaining good experience and added greater stability to our defence. However with the arrival of Mbemba covering the left back position, our local lads short comings have really been highlighted.

• Tsunki

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM

Catchy thanks for the reply but I don’t get what ” maybe i wouldn’t waste time on your other thoughts, think about clowns ? lol” means unless you’re being snippy. Also if that’s deliberate calling me “Tunski” it’s kinda old now.

I’m not saying lascelles is the best thing, just not deserving of your ill disguised dislike.

• sing in the corner

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:58 PM

I have to hand it to Jamaal, he’s had some stick, having had an ‘off’ season last time. Then it came out he played when half fit for a lot of it. Captaincy at a young age..
    He’s got character this lad, and he’s still young enough to progress significantly in terms of his defensive abilities. Under Rafa’s guidance he could go far.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:59 PM

I don’t think it’s unfair to compare catchy to Dan Akroyd, they both had Aspergers.

• jimmysmith

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:00 PM

I think you might compare Lascelles to Terry defensively at a comparable age and in attitude, but John Terry has great distribution and Lascelles is our least best centre back on the ball shall we say. However, his primary job is to defend, which he does very well, particularly in the air, and at 23 his passing can only get better, and it’s hardly poor as it is. At the beginning of the season I thought he might be one to miss out. Now I think Clark more likely lose his place to LeJeune at some point, and struggle to get it back.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:02 PM

I don’t think anyone is suggesting he’s the next best thing but his commitment and attitude have earned him the respect of the fans, a couple of winning goals don’t to your cred any harm either, he’s got every chance of being on the plane to Russia as a member of the England squad.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Lindisfarne,
    On Dummet, he’s a decent defender but absolutely pants in the opposition half, he improved greatly last year in a lower level and then immediately broke in his first game back at a higher tempo. He’s not as bad as people make out, but like Colback is it wrong to want an upgrade.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:10 PM

That used to do my head in when people moaned about Colback, someone would pipe up with “you don’t understand the dirty work he does for Shelvey”. We do, or did, but there are much better players out there that can do the same but much better.

• sing in the corner

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Jail
    Am I reading you right? Are you really linking Dummett’s injury to the higher tempo of the PL?? Surely he was just unlucky to pull his hamstring then..

• jimmysmith

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:12 PM

If Paul Dummett is starting for us in the Epl under Rafa, you are looking at an upper bottom half finish. Good enough for a top half squad, but not good enough to start. Both Mbemba and Gamez have looked better this term.

• jane

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:13 PM

i’d compare Lascelles to Steven Taylor in terms of their level if not qualities. Taylor flirted with the England squad which is the best Lascelles is likely to do if that.

• sing in the corner

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:15 PM

JfA @36
    Yes, but there are plenty of players out there that are much better at what they do than our players in all positions. It’s just we don’t ‘own’ them

• martoon

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM

Catchy – I agree with you I think Mitro has potential too and I like him despite his suspect temperament. However the point I was making is that it is unfair to compare a player with one of the greatest ever i.e. Mitro with Shearer or Lascelles with Terry.

• sing in the corner

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM

@56

• Lindisfarne

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Jail for Ashley

I would liken Dummett to Aron Hughes, he needs to establish himself in a central defending role and in the right team could reach the Europa Cup Final.

• jane

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:22 PM

Rafa for Bayern Munich?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:27 PM

sitc,
    I’m not sure whether it’s a coincidence, he’s spent every season in the PL with a bad hamstring injury then manages a full season in the Championship injury free, on his first game back in the PL he’s out again?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM

sitc,
    My point is though that is it unfair to want an upgrade, and by that a realistic upgrade which I think there would be plenty with Colback.

• tommotoon

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM

well this is often a high scoring fixture so i think i will go for 1-0 …nah changed my mind already i am normally pretty optimistic with my predictions but i just cannot make my mind up on this one but one thing is for sure if we beat liverpool it will do the team the world of good as far as a further boost of confidence is concerned. If i knew who our forwards were (or should that be our one striker) it would be easier but i really think this match will rest upon who we play up front.

• GeordieTwo

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:34 PM

I have to say lads, isn’t it time to apologize to Tsunki for calling him a stalker? I have been following him for weeks now and he hasn’t put a foot wrong. He goes home to his pipe and slippers after work, he has a few pints at his local, he complains aboot the weather. Where’s the harm in that? Besides it’s getting to fall now and I don’t want to be outside his flat freezing my dongle off waiting for him to make some kind of move to stalk BobbyBee. Harrumph…..

• jane

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:35 PM

Paul Dummett
    13/14 – 18 PL appearances
    14/15 – 25 PL appearances
    15/16 – 23 PL appearances

• jane

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM

get lost G2 this is a football blog

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:39 PM

tommoton,
    I’d have been more than confident of a win on Sunday had we got something from Brighton, even if it was exactly the same game with them not scoring and tgat Shelvey one sneaking past tge post instead of against it. Amazing the difference a win makes.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:41 PM

jane,
    Is moderation doing your heads in are are you both cool with it?

• sing in the corner

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:42 PM

JfA @66
    He’s not even in the squad now, looks like he’s history, so it’s no longer in question. But Colback still being brought up?
    And as for Dummett, IMO it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest his hamstring injury is down to him playing in the PL

• jane

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:43 PM

ok no prob we can talk pathetic drivel too