The Chronicle have reported that Rafa Benitez has now been told there will not be much money available in the transfer market this summer.
It’s said to be about the same amount last year (said to be about £40M) with the added money Rafa can get from selling some of his players this summer, and that could be another £40M – maybe?
Mitrovic, Sels, Mbemba, Colback, Saivet, Aarons, Armstrong, and Gayle could all be moved out this summer.
Rafa Benitez – cannot be happy at his current plight on Tyneside
Rafa cannot be too happy at the lack of funds at Newcastle for the fourth transfer window in a row.
And it seems significant that Rafa hasn’t commented on the Premier League fixtures and the fact we play five top six teams in the first eight games of the season.
Rafa is said to be working hard with Lee Charnley on transfers and that’s good to hear.
And Newcastle will get the next batch of TV money from the Premier League on July 1st but the transfer window closes on Thursday, August 9th, so it’s about three weeks shorter this summer.
If Rafa cannot somehow conjure up a successful transfer window for Newcastle this summer and we struggle again next season – we just cannot see him wanting to stay at Newcastle.
It looks like he will have to fight for money from Mike Ashley in every single transfer window.
He’s too good to have to do that and other more ambitious Premier League clubs will be only too happy to help him meet his significant goals.
It doesn’t look that will be at Newcastle – well not with Mike Ashley as the owner.
We hope things are a lot more positive behind the scenes than what is being portrayed in the press.
And it’s nearly four weeks now since we hammered Chelsea 3-0.
But the feel-good factor has gone and been replaced by the reality that Mike Ashley has no ambitions for Newcastle United.
It’s both pathetic and depressing.