web analytics

Newcastle Fans Undecided On Latest Transfer Target

Newcastle fans seem undecided on our latest transfer target – Jordon Ayew from Swansea City.

The Swans want £13M for him and Fulham have already had an offer of £8M turned down for the Ghanaian International forward.

We’re not overwhelmed by the potential signing, but we have Rafa Benitez at the club and if anybody can get the very best out of Ayew then it’s Rafa.

And Ayew does have skills and he’s a good technical player although certainly not a prolific goalscorer.

Jordon Ayew – in action against Southampton last season

Here are some of the comments on Twitter about Jordon and his possible signing.

• Belfast

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:50 PM

I remember Liverpool thinking the same about El Hadji Diouf many moons ago Chisosa hehe

• Belfast

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:51 PM

Chicousa* sorry mate 🙂

• Belfast

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:53 PM

I’m sure you’ve been called worse… Like Tsunki

• chicousa

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:53 PM

Belfast,
    No worries! BTW: Noticed you waited for Tsunki to leave before posting! 🙂

• Tsunki

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:57 PM

He’s like city buses. Not one for ages, then you go in the newsagents for a paper and 5 go past in a convoy.

• Belfast

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:59 PM

Got me. I just like to remember him when he was funny for that one week in 2012.

• chicousa

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:01 PM

He lost his sense of humor when some of us posted nice things about Mitro! Now I do it just to needle him! 😉

• Belfast

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:02 PM

I’m just very busy these days Tsunki. I’ll never give Jesper abuse again. Hehe

• Belfast

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:04 PM

I’m ironing, moping, washing, changing nappies and spending any free time on netmums.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:11 PM

I don’t mind Ayez, maybe Rafa is thinking about Gayle and Ayew up front, both with pace or both being able to play on the wings if needed making them versatile for the toon. As for Merino, I love this kid but honestly if his heart is set on playing back in Spain and we can get our money or a little more for him then we should just part company. Honestly I feel we have not really signed anyone yet due to Chelsea manager merry go round for Kenedy and Rafa and scouts are looking at the world cup for some players they didn’t think about. I would actually like to take a punt on Wilshire, I have always rated him, good touch and sweet left foot.

• chicousa

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:18 PM

I seem to recall Pep Guardiola after a decent battle with Swansea giving Ayew some apparently positive and encouraging words as they walked off the pitch together. Perhaps Rafa might see something in Ayew that Pep also saw…?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:43 PM

Merino might easily go if an offer of say15 million pounds comes in. Couldn’t get in the team ahead of Diame and looks ever so slightly slow and low in energy by the high standards of this league in that regard. Top prospect but maybe better suited to a continental league, maybe, enough to give you pause to think anyway. Too good not to be playing, so maybe, just maybe, he’ll move on.