web analytics

Rafa Clearly On Mission To Sign New Players Quickly

There was a report in the Sun on Sunday  that we reported  on earlier today that suggested owner Mike Ashley will only release transfer funds to Rafa if he signs his new contract,

That seems to be a little bit unbelievable but with Ashley involved we suppose anything is possible but that’s not the way to treat an experienced and respected football manager like Rafa Benitez.

We doubt the story has much truth to it – although we’ve been wrong before.

The Chronicle is reporting Rafa had a meeting with Lee Charnley on Wednesday and there was at least one more meeting with Head of Recruitment  Steve Nickson and Newcastle officials at the meeting in London to finalize our top transfer targets – and hopefully to go after them.

Rafa Benitez – sign that target now!

With Ki Sung-yueng coming in as a free agent on Thursday that’s given some momentum to Newcastle’s transfer business, and we hope further signings will be soon.

There are reports we are talking to Palace about Andros Townsend and also talking to Chelsea about Robert Kenedy, so there seems to be a lot of action happening now that Rafa has returned to the club.

Rafa has both drive and ambition, and he will now be in constant contact with Lee Charnley about where things stand with each transfer target.

Good.

Rafa knows he cannot have another poor transfer window this summer as we did last year – and he will want to finish above 10th place this season.

Preseason training starts tomorrow, so we hope to hear directly from the manager then.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:36 PM

nufc 11
    Diego Costa.
    That guy who is flying home from Russia as we speak
    I didn’t realise he was playing until I read the match report

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:42 PM

Jiblets,
    No shit, how long was he on for?

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:49 PM

Eighty minutes

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:52 PM

I watched the game and had to look that up
    That’s how shite Spain were

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:07 PM

Jib,
    I honestly didn’t realise he was playing, I don’t think his name was mentioned, I must have been asking my mate who the team in red were when he was subbed on eighty!

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:11 PM

I thought I was jiblets

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:17 PM

Jiblets,
    It was typo 😀
    Do you prefer Jiblets?
    I think the BBC win the punditry hands down. Billic is a farce, I think he’s been told to tone it down, Dixon is ok but very bland, Ian Wright is likeable but a clown, Roy Keane is just an ‘orrible cnut!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:18 PM

Gary Neville is on the wrong channel

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:27 PM

You’d put your house on Luka Modric
    scoring a pen

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:28 PM

Luckily you live in a shed Jiblets 😀

• Ron Knee

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:28 PM

Late drama.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:29 PM

Surely that should have been a red card??

• toonbrother

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:34 PM

we dodged a bullet avoiding this jorgensen guy.
    top scorer in the dutch league?
    he couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:37 PM

No red card as he “made an attempt to play the ball” ……new guidelines apparently

So unless you deliberately hack someone down which will be opener to interpretation or stop a goal bound shot with your hands then no red cards in the Premiership next season ?

We shall see

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:48 PM

Someone text Jesper the result
    Sunday evening is nappy boiling night

• Lindisfarne

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:48 PM

N Jørgensen fluffed it and his price tag!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:50 PM

Lindi,
    Joselus was better against Burnley 🙁

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:52 PM

I can’t believe it’s not a goal

• Jib

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:54 PM

Loch

The last man red card was abolished
    before Euro 2016.

If the foul that results in a pen inside the
    box is deemed to be a yellow card anywhere else
    on the pitch it is still a yellow

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:34 PM

Jiblets,
    Do you speak Mongolian as well, I’m watching Ross Kemp, some of them speak Russian, the signs are in Russian but there is definitely a Mongol language, actually, how many dialects of it do you speak?

• Dave76

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Where are all the people who were saying just pay whatever they ask for jorgenson

• Bobbybee

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:52 PM

Dave, did anyone actually say that? 🙂 They need shooting if they did. I’m not convinced Rafa wanted anyway. Look at the players we’re supposed to be linked with mate, and probably the only one we weren’t linked with we signed! It’s comical.
    Just as well the WC is in Russia, there’s plenty of salt in Siberia to take with all those links! 🙂

• lochinvar

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:54 PM

Jib
    Now I knew that but why didn’t I think of it ?
    No need to reply, the answer will arrive in my inbox in due course, possibly, maybe.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:56 PM

Well dave I wasn’t one of them. I made an opinion based on my own eyes and football knowledge, not what Rafa or any other manager would say. At 10mill I wud take him. But not 20. Rafa also wanted Sturridge and the less said about his injury record the better. I still think Rafa would prefer a big mobile striker to a small mobile striker and I hope we get just that. It can’t be easy for him or Charnley though. I genuinely thought Fats wud release fairly decent cash but I was badly wrong by the looks of things.

• Munster Mag

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:58 PM

Bobby Jorgie was expecting it. I do think we wanted him. Who knows maybe 20mill will look like peanuts soon and we will look silly for not getting him!?!

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:59 PM

No fcuker knows who we’re after. The signing of KSY proved that. Makes me chuckle reading some of the guff that the papers churn out. They’ll do owt do get clicks.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:04 PM

Nope I think Jespers nodded off in misery having consumed a hearty portion of Rugbröd soaked in Aquavit. Life’s never been the same since they banned Farley’s Rusks.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:11 PM

Jesper…….. Hard luck mate. I was willing Denmark to win for you but it just wasn’t meant to be . I thought when it went to pens Schmichel would be the difference for you but such is life.

• RobLeenio

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:13 PM

So, first day of training for the first team tomorrow. Jib’s promised me some photos so I’ll look forward to them.

I’ll be keen to see which of the young players are training with the first team squad. Adam Armstrong hasn’t been loaned yet, so he’s one to watch out for, along with Toure, Fernandez and nathan Harker who went with the First Team to Portugal

Whether we bring more players in or not, we have these players available to contribute – one or more of whom could possibly surprise everyone this season.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Jesper must be in bits. He’ll get over it though when he wakes up with a banging head tomorrow and has to do the school run.

He’s going to have to keep busy so it’s probably a good thing that he’s a modern day house husband who believes that marriage and a career don’t mix. That’s why he’s never worked.

• RobLeenio

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:18 PM

If Rafa gives a presser tomorrow, every word of it needs to be scrutinised. He’s a canny operator, a political animal in his own way, he knows what he needs to say and what not to. It’s his silence in particular which has been deafening over the last 5 weeks.

When he finally gets in front of a microphone, what he doesn’t say could be as illuminating as what he does.

• jane

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:50 PM

tomorrow’s predictions
    tomorrow’s predictions
    Brazil 0 Mexico 1
    Belgium 3 Japan 0

i had a good holiday and am enjoying the world cup
    we are working very hard on getting players in and out and expect news soon.
    i speak with Lee everyday.
    my people are still in discussion about a new contract but this is not a priority.
    this is an exciting time.

• chicousa

Jul 2, 2018 at 12:15 AM

That may be exactly Rafa’s opening statement at the presser tomorrow. Jane, are you really Rafa? 😉

• Dive46

Jul 2, 2018 at 12:19 AM

Brazil 2 Mexico 0
    Belgium 1 Japan 1 AET. Belgium to win on penalties.
    BTW do not confuse me with Dave76. I get my number from a significant day in the Club’s history – in 1946.
    Reading the speculation about who Rafa might (be allowed to) sign and the wide range of views about the quality and value of those in the frame, my two-penn’orth is ‘Buy youngsters’ as they can keep running and could last years.

• ashleysmate

Jul 2, 2018 at 1:58 AM

Lesh#54
    Fair point….but Ashley is an idiot, and an arsehole

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:23 AM

if Modric slicked his hair back hed look like a young goebbels

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:31 AM

if you look at the best club and national teams over the last 15 years, both have been built around iniesta. now he is getting older both spain and barca will suffer. in my eyes iniesta is every bit as good as messi and has been the better player most times ive watched barca. i dont think there has ever been a more creative player.

• Jib