web analytics

One In – One Out – That’s What Football’s All About

We were sorry to see Mikel Merino leave the club yesterday – he’s a young player who looks like he has the skill to become an excellent player in the future.

But he didn’t want to stay at Newcastle so there’s not much Rafa or the club could do about it.

But just before Mikel left us there was news that Rafa had managed to get a season-long loan deal worked out for Brazilian winger Robert Kenedy – who was dazzling for us this year on loan.

At the same time Merino, after recovering from his back injury couldn’t get back into the side because of the great form of Jonjo Shelvey and Mo Diame – who was a revelation in the holding midfield position.

Ayoze has pointed out on his Twitter account that one friend has left the club but another is coming back – so it kinds of evens itself out.

But it also shows how footballers careers can be unpredictable and it’s often difficult to settle anywhere for any length of time.

We are hoping that Ayoze can improve further his goalscoring prowess next season.

Last season he was our top scorer with 10 goals – 8 scored in the Premier League – the most he’s ever scored in a Premier League season for us.

Kenedy scoring against the Saints

He is another player who has improved under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.

Howay The Lads!!

• barkel

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:00 PM

I’m sure they’ll put you straight through Munster

Might be more of a chance after the game against St. Pats.

Would be good to see training alright, I’m sure it’s fairly easy to get a good look at Carton house. It’s not very private once you’re on the grounds

• Jib

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Ha ha ha
    A wild – eyed Munsterman turns up
    on an unsaddled pony with 2 snot-nosed sprogs.

Rafa’s sure to tell him all he knows.
    😀

• Munster Mag

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Barkel I rang the hotel. Apparently they are inundated with callers. They won’t give out training details to the public as requested by nufc. I don’t think I’ll go, it’s too far to get nothing. Still tempted mind.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM

Munster,
    Wtf are you on about, does he wonder if he could have got better than Sels or Lazaar, of course he does, as for Joselu he knows fine well that he got all he was going to get in todays market for 5M pounds.

• lesh

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:17 PM

DubaiMicky

Surely a fan of NUFC would be mad not to buy that Adidas top.

At less than 1/3 of the price of the official Puma top, buying the Adida and not paying £60 to SD via the club shop doesn’t impact on the its income but denies SD of the sale.

£60 for a top made in some sweat shop for pennies just about sums Ashley’s up ethics and social responsibility!

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:20 PM

This place doesn’t change, does it?

Haven’t posted in ages and will probably be taking my account down after this as honestly, it’s become a seriously pathetic place and those who continue to contribute the way they do should really reflect on what they’re putting out, if they really do appreciate this blog at all.

I feel the need to defend Jesper here. For years he’s been ridiculed, rather than given a fair shot of explaining himself. You may not agree with him, that’s fine, but quite clearly a few of you are purposefully trying to ridicule him. You think he’s an Ashley fan? No, he just thinks the manager has to take some responsibility, even if the upper structure is a joke.

I get where some are concerned. What is the alternative? Rafa brings so much good to the club, if we get too negative, does that mean we’re going to try force him out? Imo, a valid argument, but that shouldn’t stifle genuine football discussion, which is exactly what happens on here.

Is it not possible to have a scenario where Ashley is at fault for pissing about with budgets etc and ultimately only allowing £5m for a Striker at the end of last summer and that with the £5m, the best Rafa and his team could come up with is Joselu?

Joselu is pants. No? Should questions not be asked about Rafa’s recruitment? Sure, he’ll get some wrong, but surely people can point that out? Rafa has a tricky hand to play, but it’s one he’s accepted and has to work with those tools.

For the record, I don’t completely agree with Jesper on this, as he knows. We’ve managed to have civil discussions about it. He’s a good guy and doesn’t deserve this crap, although, he does still log on, so clearly has some issues 🙂

Anyway. I doubt this will have any impact whatsoever and that’s absolutely fine by me. In fact, it may give you a chuckle.

Thanks for the memories.

Mag P…@31…Truly pathetic. As far as time wasters go, I’d be hard pushed to name a worse offender than you or Betty.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:32 PM

lochinvar…if he’s off to Liverpool then that’s a great deal…and should have been within our price range!

It just shows great finds can be found

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:34 PM

Ibiza,
    Foot him, it’s an NUFC blog, for someone to come on here spouting how they’ve got better things to do than watch a match when people should be spending time with their kids after he’s spent all day whining on here, then give opinions about said match they haven’t even watched, then take offence when this is pointed out, then what does he expect, and he’s been no angel in any of this shit.

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Hmmm, out of the woodwork to defend jesper.

Valiant effort I must admit.

I’m a time waster? Hmm, okay. That’s fine, you’re allowed your opinion.

Clearly my 1 or 2 contributions every couple of months must really waste everybody’s time on here, oh, that’s right.. I totally see where you are coming from now. Maybe I should reduce it to twice a year? Would you be enticed to come back then?

Can’t call me pathetic when you’re losing your rag over an online argument that is really pointless in the first place.

My point still stands about jesper getting what he wants with bettys attention, clearly Betty wanted a response to a rather simple question and Jesper knowing this was stringing him along…. I.e time wasting? Yes?

All in all, it’s a bit sad isn’t it? Why would you stoop to my level then? Clearly I’m in the wrong right?

Lol, why don’t we stick to football? Or should I clear off to make the blog a better place?

• Online Guy

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:40 PM

Ibiza toon

# 46

Well said ..you could see what I see. Ganging up on any individual shows weak character.

A Witch hunt .

Jesper has put up with sustained abuse for a few years.

I can hear the Nashing of teeth as the playground bullies read this .

Lay off Jasper.

At least one of you lot seems to be having some sort of breakdown engaging Wor Jesper.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM

What are you implying here Jail…that Rafa’s a moron who just wasted £5M on a striker he knew wasn’t good enough and decided he would be our goal treat until January where he restart the same process? Or what are you saying?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Mag p:…enjoy your stand! And if you don’t mind me asking what makes does two posts of yours a month that worth while?

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Jail…I do hope you know that overall I have appreciated your input to this blog. Dare I say we even get along. But you’ve got this distorted imo. It’s not dealing with each issue reasonably as it surfaces that has caused this issue.

Jesper didn’t come on here and just start ranting at people not to watch football and spend time with their kids. He has had to defend himself for missing matches (not all, as is often portrayed…ties in with the constant ridicule). He misses them as he has other things that are priority to him. He then get’s ridiculed for that. What do you expect him to do?

You’ve shown the emotional intelligence of Jib as far as Jesper is concerned. That’s my opinion and it’s not the first time I’ve shared it with you.

As you may have noticed, Jespers priorities within football are different than yours. Its not quite as tribal. He became a fan of entertaining football. That’s always going to be an issue. That doesn’t make his opinion less valid than yours, just different.

Stop being so single minded and such a tart anytime someone dares to suggest Rafa isn’t the best thing ever.

Again, for what it’s worth (sweet “foot” all I’d guess), whilst I understand Jespers point and can agree to some extent, I tend to lean towards your view, that in the big scheme of things, he’s done a hell of a lot more good than bad and I’ll take some sloppy judgement on buying players. However, I also understand that when he sees people just blaming Ashley, then he will feel it right to point out that it’s not that simple. Which it isn’t. His point is value, it’s why Rafa thought they would be a good option. He questions some of his calls. Big deal. Get over it.

Try having a normal discussion with him. Actually, anyone on here you don’t get on with. Despite my differences with Catchy, with a bit of effort, we managed to get on great. Why this stupid divide all the time? Surely we can leave that to the trolls, who used to be responsible for the mess on the blog. Not so these days and that’s really sad.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:46 PM

Mag p:…humour me if you have a minute? That was a question by the way!

• Jib

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:48 PM

FFS NUFC
    Hurry up and sign someone and distract
    the arseholes

which should
    Stop all this childish shite

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:49 PM

I think the blog is missing a firebrand character acting as a lightning rod for all the bile and angst we’re all missing.

I’m just going to come out and say it…Come back Ian Toon/Carl/Pushy Pardew. You’re not the asshole this blog needs, but the asshole it deserves!

All joking aside, I’m with Ibiza on this one in the sense that the continuous targeting of Jesper is tiresome if nothing else. Admittedly, Jesper you don’t have help yourself with your half-baked opinions, but hey-ho they’re your opinions.

I love ridiculing people’s opinions when I think they’re wrong, but targeting one person incessantly time and again on a daily basis does go too far.

On that note though, Munster, seriously you don’t think Rafa knows he could have got someone better than Joselu?! And when is that fabled Perez to Man City transfer going to materialise? You don’t half spout some utter nonsense mate.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:49 PM

Mag…Let’s cut to the chase. My issue is you slagging off someone I consider a good person and a friend.

You think Betty wants a genuine answer? Give over. Are you that naive? He knows what Jesper thinks, he’s trying to get a rise out of him. Much like loads of people did over the rotating captaincy.

I haven’t commented on whether you should stay or how often you post. Just that you’re a time waster, as per your comment to Betty. You clearly don’t have a clue on the matter. I’m off soon anyway, so don’t you worry yourself.

Online…I’m done with this place. Have been for a while. Its really sad, we’ll never all get on, i’m not that stupid, but no one seems interested in middle ground. Just spouting the same bile at each other. It’s pointless. Used to be a great blog.

Anyway, hope you’re well.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Hey Ruddy…The level headed savior? See what I mean about the blog? 🙂

That’s it in a nutshell.I’ve even told Jesper that sometimes he makes it hard on himself. Yes, he can be stubborn, but I think most of the characters involved in this particular tale are.

Ridiculing and joking something is one thing. Continuing it on and on and on and on is abusive. Might just be a NUFC blog, full of big bullish blokes, but they don’t own it.

Anyway, as per usual, I’ve nothing of interest to add about NUFC, being the armchair fan that I am, so will leave you lot to whatever it is you do these days.

Enjoy.

HWTL & HWTF.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Long time no see Ruddy!

• jazzyp

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Ibiza

Afternoon mate
    I didn’t agree with you when you use to stick up for BandB towards the end of her time on here because I genuinely thought she was getting to vulgar and antagonising , But I do agree with you here mate.
    Last but not least I do think you are a good genuine poster and a shame if you decide to give this place a wide birth

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:59 PM

On the transfer side of things I have always subscribed to the notion ‘You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear’ and when you’re given a minimal transfer budget there will always be those risky ‘bargain basement’ signings that either pleasantly surprise you i.e. Dubravka or those that simply don’t work out i.e. Joselu, Sels, Lazaar

We’re in the most competitive global transfer market we’ve ever seen with prices inflating ever higher and Premier League clubs becoming more and more capable of splashing 20m on relatively average players, yet in the midst of all this, we still haven’t cracked 17m in over 12 years. In this environment the manager’s hands will always be tied and ultimately he cannot be held accountable because he is being forced to pursue his 3rd/4th/5th choice option per position OR work incredibly hard to source a freebie or a complete unknown. This is not the recipe for success, nor is it providing Rafa with a stable platform to organise the club to be a regular top-half fixture in the Premier League.

I’m not giving Rafa a free pass, but ultimately the buck stops with Ashley. We shouldn’t look at the fact that Rafa stopping here as him subscribing to the blueprint – he wants to rip it up and create a better blueprint! But if we’re not careful, and Ashley doesn’t budge, Rafa will be a distant memory and we’ll all be longing for these days.

Ashley out.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Jazzy…I can understand why some wouldn’t get where I was coming from with regards to BandB. She wasn’t here to make friends. What she did, she did effectively.

Again, for me it’s about going past the initial post of someone. We’re not one off posters in the main part, over time you’d hope to understand where someone is coming from and why they think what they do. I went from hating BandB to being a big fan. I miss her, even though some of it definitely made me squirm at times.

Anyway. Appreciate that. I can’t hack this place anymore though. It’d be a daily meltdown 🙂

Take it easy.

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Well what can I say but Wow!?

There has been no bullying. If asking two simple questions that have yes/no answers is perceived as bullying then some of you should stay indoors.

The only thing “bullying” is the fact Im willing to persist and the fact is Jesper either doesn’t have an opinion or he’s afraid to give it for some reason.

Jesper is the one throwing ludicrous accusations while all this time I’ve simply restated the questions.

What do you call someone who complains all the time but when you ask him why he doesn’t respond?

If Jesper wants to admit he can’t/won’t/daren’t share his opinion I will stop.

• jazzyp

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Rafa told to get promoted.
    Rafa wins the Championship
    Rafa told to stay up.
    Rafa finishes top half, above both other promoted teams, while spending less money.
    Rafa asks for players.
    Board says it has no money.
    Newly-promoted Fulham spend 35m on one player.
    Farce.
    oops a negative comment there sorry

• jazzyp

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Ibiza

You still here

No joking aside mate you still wearing them budgie smugglers on the San Antonio beach ??

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:03 PM

It appears confronting somebody over their crassness is classed as bullying. I thought it was called inquiry. 😐

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:03 PM

Jazzy

Told you once to shut up talking sense sunshine. Get a mix on and get some fcuking bricks laid 😆 😛

• Offkey

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Lol, Jesper is attention seeking, pure and simple. He saw the attention sweaty got for sh#t stirring regarding right wing politics, calling him little Sebastian, and then decided to get in on the act.
    Read back you will see but you probably don’t read the blog much these days

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Seeya then ibiza.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:05 PM

Jesper

Long time no see mate, always had plenty of time for you mate. Optimism Valley seems a long time ago, never thought I’d see you become one of the neggers! Haha I hope you’re keeping well mate, and I would recommend you trying to catch a good few games this season, we’ve been playing some good solid football and for the first time in a long time I’m feeling optimistic about the football side of things again! Hope you’re keeping well mate.

Ibiza

Yeah the blog has got a bit abusive, but looking back I guess it always was in a sense so have things really changed much? I’ve went back to being an armchair fan, since moved back to the Emerald Isle (something Jib-jibberish will likely insult me about lol).

I’m genuinely excited about next season, I think the understated signing of Ki Sung Yeung will be a masterstroke as I’ve always thought he was an excellent little footballer. Kenedy is a great addition also. If we sign a goalscorer and add more attacking threat in midfield then I think we can really kick on and target a top 8 finish next season.

I can’t see you keeping away from the blog for too long though… :p

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:05 PM

You’ve posted dozens of long winded insults back at me jesper this yes/no thing is causing you all sorts of trouble isn’t it?

• Offkey

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:05 PM

He’s a WUM

• JDdubai

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:07 PM

I would question Rafa on the buying of Joselu, mainly along the lines of what was the point in spending £5m on a crap CF and having him on a contract that we will most likely struggle to get him off of when we want rid of him, when we had Mitro already here and waiting.

Not saying Mitro is Shearer reborn or anything but would surely get a better return than joselu and would have saved paying the £5m and tying some dross to a contract with us.

• jazzyp

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Shirebrook

You knacker stop posting bile on here geezer. Its uncalled for and not needed so go find some sand pit to bury ya head “SUNSHINE”
    Hahaha how are ya matey..Done for the day bud, Off to pepitoes for a mexican

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Tsunki

I don’t think Jesper is being bullied – harangued perhaps. I do agree that if simple questions are put to him he should answer them with simple answers. I agreed with your sentiment that if he wants to make snidey claims then he should come out and explain them and make his opinions known. If not then ignore him. Simples. No?

• jazzyp

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:11 PM

Tsunki

You been causing trouble again

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Yes I’ve been asking awkward questions that torment the life out of people. 😐

• jazzyp

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Rafa has been interviewed in the Chronicle today and he talks about what it will take for Newcastle to compete in the Premier League next season:
    “I think that the approach has to be the same as last year.” “It’s one game at a time.”
    “We won’t put any targets on this game or another.” “For me, it is just to be sure we do the right things to compete.”
    “But they (other clubs) have squads that are already strong anyway.” “We know what we need to do and we must try.”
    “If we are strong enough we can compete in the table to finish in the middle of the table or higher.”
    “But if we aren’t strong enough we will try to avoid relegation because every single team is spending some money.”

Is this a curveball from Rafa or are we gonna be in for a struggle again this season coming

• GeordieTwo

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:26 PM

I wouldn’t say dazzling but very good! Let’s spend some of that huge, huge transfer kitty now!