web analytics

One In – One Out – That’s What Football’s All About

We were sorry to see Mikel Merino leave the club yesterday – he’s a young player who looks like he has the skill to become an excellent player in the future.

But he didn’t want to stay at Newcastle so there’s not much Rafa or the club could do about it.

But just before Mikel left us there was news that Rafa had managed to get a season-long loan deal worked out for Brazilian winger Robert Kenedy – who was dazzling for us this year on loan.

At the same time Merino, after recovering from his back injury couldn’t get back into the side because of the great form of Jonjo Shelvey and Mo Diame – who was a revelation in the holding midfield position.

Ayoze has pointed out on his Twitter account that one friend has left the club but another is coming back – so it kinds of evens itself out.

But it also shows how footballers careers can be unpredictable and it’s often difficult to settle anywhere for any length of time.

We are hoping that Ayoze can improve further his goalscoring prowess next season.

Last season he was our top scorer with 10 goals – 8 scored in the Premier League – the most he’s ever scored in a Premier League season for us.

Kenedy scoring against the Saints

He is another player who has improved under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.

Howay The Lads!!

• DaveD1000

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Jesper
    you plonker, you don’t help yourself

• Bobbybee

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:35 PM

On the shirt issue, it ain’t a Newcastle United shirt. It’s a shirt with black and white stripes. What makes a shirt, or a cap, or anything, is the badge. Not the article, it’s the badge. Otherwise it’s just another black and white shirt.
    Don’t buy a new shirt from the club. Buy a retro one for half the price. Or don’t buy one. Period. Or buy that other shirt and put a Newcastle badge on it, but either way, someone profits. They all just want your money, regardless.

On the arguments, just ignore the wum. I did and he went into meltdown, embarrassing himself so much he avoided the blog for days.
    I don’t read certain posters contributions because it’s seldom about why I come on here – to talk football.
    Tsunki, you advised me not to get involved with it, maybe time to take your own advice mate. He’s reveling in being centre of attention. Blank him mate. Not worth it. You won’t get your answer, he’ll just carry it on ad nauseum. After all, he thinks he’s awesome and the best poster in the world 🙂 Why even bother against that arrogance? See the name, skip the post. Save yourself the grief.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:43 PM

Love you Bobby x

Offkey…Apparently we see what we want to see. I don’t think he’s admitted to using lil sebastian to encourage betty. He agreed with you that he’s a shit stirrer. He then goes on to say that you didn’t seem to have a problem with Betty giving Jesper grief. He then screws up the last bit. I believe what he meant to say is “if you had voiced your concern back then maybe I wouldn’t have had to fight back with fire!”

He’s not admitting to being a WUM or encouraging Betty to WUM others. He’s saying that due to no one saying anything in the front end, he feels he’s had to engage certain posters this way. Which has been my point all along.

I know you’ve not just arrived at this opinion of Jesper, so maybe wont even give it a seconds thought. That’s on you.

I’m not trying to fight with you by the way. No issue with you whatsoever. Just think you’ve called this one wrong. Happy to admit I have though, if that’s how it transpires.

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:49 PM

Brighton closing in on Lille’s Yves Bissouma 17.5 million ffs

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:51 PM

Too much tit for tat playground arguments on here. I’ve never understand why people take things so personally on a blog and can’t either let things go or ignore. It’s very simple.

In other news, as someone suggested earlier, Luiz being a possible option from Chelsea. Rafa Benitez Instagram account has just started following David Luiz. That’s as good as a confirmed transfer 😉

Everyone go and get Luiz printed on your new retro shirts!!

• Bobbybee

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:52 PM

We can’t just keep signing players. This is not rocket science. Our wage bill is far too high, it takes up most of the Sky money right now, it needs to be reduced before adding to it.
    We can only have 25 players in the PL squad. If we buy without selling some of those will not get in the squad, but will be eating up wages. Rafa is trying to sort this mess out, created by previous managers and owner and to do so he needs to sell first.
    The problem with buying first is what happens if you can’t sell the surplus? You keep paying them 40k a week for training with the academy. Great idea. It wastes money and gives the knacka an argument for not backing Rafa.
    Let Rafa do his job ffs. There’s plenty of time left, but understand he can’t – nor will he because he’s not stupid – buy without selling.
    He understands the situation which is why he’s not complaining. Wait until the window closes and see where we are then. By then I imagine he will have balanced the squad out because he knows exactly what he’s doing.
    We can’t afford to start the season with highly paid players not in the first team squad. Let him do his business his way. He’s not a novice and he knows exactly where he stands. He won’t let us down.

• DaveD1000

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:55 PM

Ronaldo
    David Luis is Kenedy’s business partner and “Big Brother” iirc

• DaveD1000

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:55 PM

*Luiz

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:56 PM

Ruddy……… I mentioned earlier today that I think Ashley is insisting that we clear out some more of the deadwood and start using or disposing of some of the younger players so that we then maybe have a clearer picture of what’s required.

Not wanting to get into a big Ashley debate as we’re all aware of his position. PL survival and a self financing advertising entity with a nice non football commercial earner suits him just fine. I’m intrigued however as to why Rafa is still here as he must be aware of all this. I suggested earlier that he may well see it as a challenge whereby he has to produce / scout his own players within the confines of a very limited budget.

• Jib

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Luiz is going to Napoli
    That’s why Benitez is
    (slightly) interested

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM

Your Reverence………… Just for the record , I was fully in support of the efforts to try and get Ashley out when the campaign was running but never did I ever advocate boycotting games. I was vehemently against it and tried in vain to explain that real fans could not and would not ever take this option.

• Jib

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM

bettyswallocks
    Ashley’s position – PL survival and a self financing advertising entity with a nice non football commercial earner- I’m intrigued however as to why Rafa is still here .

Possibly because you’re wrong ?

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:03 PM

Sky Sports just now announcing Sarri agrees to become Chelsea’s head coach. Blimey, who’d a thought!

• Bobbybee

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:04 PM

ST holders used to get a discount at the shop. Since SD took over, that stopped. Bad move by Ashley. I don’t shop there now just as I don’t shop at SD. Got enough shirts to keep me going for life anyway. 🙂
    That said, if I wanted one, I’d buy one. My choice. Everybody has that choice. Nobody should be berated for making whatever choice they make. It’s their money after all.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:12 PM

Jib…….. I don’t think so but would dearly love for him to prove that I am.

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM

Ibiza

Thought you were leaving? I’m sure you’ll need a walk after all that fence sitting.

It’s easy being on that ‘holier than thou’ pedestal. In your ideal world is that what you would want everyone to be? There are always differences and usually neither party is in the right. No reason to dramatically quit the blog.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:20 PM

Betty…Duly noted and somewhat remembered. For the record, I never took satisfaction in saying that I thought fans were best to stay away. For me, that was a last resort and really went against the grain for me. It’s all here on the blog. I was just responding to your assertion that I only want to post on here during times of Ashley out protests, or to try and persuade fans not to go to games.

I’m sure my view of myself is not the same as others on here, but I think that’s distorting things a tad too far. Sounds like you’ve been chatting with Bobby too much or maybe just trying to find a dig due to my earlier comment about you. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but still a lot of non-factual rubbish.

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:26 PM

I love how some are going into hysterics and leaping to the defence of a blogger as if he’s been assaulted! If you read what I’ve posted for the last two days to Jesper it’s been an extremely simple enquiry which he just refuses to answer. He keeps saying he’s answered it but I challenge anyone to know what it is.

Why am I pursuing him for his opinion? Because he posts things like –

“I don’t think you can defend the Joselu signing…neither by saying he was a fifth choice! He shouldn’t have been a 10th choice unless he were going to be our third starting choice
    ?

As for an injured Slimani?”

Now why is it wrong to ask him who he blames for signing Joselu and Slimani? Where on earth is the bullying? All I am asking is for him to justify his comments. And all you historical miscreants who don’t like it and think this is a good opportunity to side with anyone to have a go at me, just move on and do something else. I perceive that Jesper is an adult and there should be no fear in stating his opinion.

Unless of course he’s just trying to get people’s backs up. Theres a thought. Why don’t you ask jesper why he’s being so evasive if this bothers you?

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:27 PM

Mag…I will be. Nothing to do with today. I only came back on to say what I had to say.

You may or may not have noticed I haven’t posted on here for ages. I’m not quitting dramatically. I don’t use it anymore and don’t want to. Haven’t for a while.

Fence sitting? Based on what? I think i’ve been really clear with my opinions, but if not and you want a more forthcoming answer, ask away.

In my ideal world, people would learn to communicate with each other better. From your earlier post to Betty, do I presume you’ve tried to communicate with Jesper? Of course there will be difference of opinion. I encourage it.

If that’s holier than thou, then so be it. For what it’s worth, it’s more desperation. I like Jesper, Jail and Tsunki. Have emailed over the years with both Jesper and Jail. I find the whole situation a real shame. That’s all. The rest of it is neither here nor there.

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Disappointed in you Ibiza – far from sitting on the fence you appear to have let old blog friendships cloud your judgement and you defend a mischief maker. You’re going all pc and righteous my friend. 🙂

• Toondog2

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:33 PM

Bobby #126
    Thanks for the explanation

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:33 PM

It just seems more like…

‘jesper is my friend, I must have his back’

Thats admirable, but to your own admission you’re barely on here, so how can you know the whole story?

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:34 PM

Ibiza…….What do you expect when you come on here after weeks of inactivity and then think you can sit in judgement of people’s character and then pass it as given…………. That’s not footy craic.

I accept that you are pals with Jesper but I assure you he doesn’t need defending on this blog. He can be as provocative and inflammatory as the rest of us and he is starting to learn all about banter, ribbing , wind-ups etc which are part and parcel of being a northern footy fan. It won’t kill him he’s a big boy.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:36 PM

Tsunki…I presume I am included in that post. I’ve already offered you a reason as to why Jesper doesn’t feel the need to enter into discussion with you. Well, I think I did. Maybe I drafted then deleted the post.

Your last paragraph is the most telling. You have decided that his opinion isn’t or can’t be genuine and is therefore on the wind up, trying to get peoples back up. FYI – I have asked him. He’s answered me quite fine. That’s why I question you and your approach.

If it helps, there’s no doubt that Jesper is being awkward NOW. There’s no point talking about the past 2 days, your damage was done before and you’ve not shown any desire to try and deal with that.

You’ve never been quite the same after you stopped fitting kitchens.

I’ll take a stab at it (as I’m sure you can too – you know the answer). He thinks Rafa should have had better options on his list. He doesn’t understand, no matter the price, why Joselu would be the answer to any question.

Then that usually leads Jail to say he’s an Ashley supporter and why does he want Rafa out.

It’s been going on for ages. “If you read what I’ve posted for the last two days”. Come on mate.

• Online Guy

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:37 PM

Tsunki

Your going , nay, gone down the road of taking this blog too serious..bit of advice , do you the world of good , leave it for a while.

When you return , (if advice taken ) , you will realise what a madhouse it is and not let it pollute your Daily Life in the same way again. Peace.

• Online Guy

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:38 PM

Jib

Roger ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:41 PM

Ibiza, what you bringing me into it for you knob? Let’s not let facts disrupt your self appreciation, you said quite blatantly that fans, like me were the problem. You said it, now you try to backtrack, but people remember.
    Keep me out of your arguments. Now you said you were leaving the blog several posts ago. What? Waiting for people to beg you to stay?
    Stay or go, your choice. Nobody cares, you’re a shit stirrer and always have been. As bringing me into it proves beyond question.
    Leave me out of your squabbles, OK?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:43 PM

Offkey…admittted what? That it’s a bit rich not to voice our concern back when Betsy was posting his daily insults towards me?

Should I just suck it up and turn the other chin? Wouldn’t have been necessarily to fight back if others would stand up!

So Offkey the next time someone crosses the line how about you got your hands dirty for once?

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:45 PM

Jesper doesn’t see this as you do. He’s told me so. I’ve told him, for what it’s worth, that his current approach to things is bollocks.

That doesn’t change the fact that you are taking the effect and making it the cause.

Mag… I haven’t been on here for a while. But used to be on a lot. It was happening then. I’m not referring to any singular comments made in the past few days.

Jesper is my friend. I do have his back and I’ll also tell him when he’s being a stubborn arse. Which he can be. Probably best not to try and second guess what I mean. You’re failing miserably.

Anyway, Jesper, over to you. They all think you’re enjoying it. If you are, enjoy, if not, imo, deal with the issues you have with them. I don’t want any part of it, as I’ve told you.

Peace y’all x

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:46 PM

Mag 😛
    Jul 13, 2018 at 6:33 PM
    It just seems more like…

‘jesper is my friend, I must have his back’

Excuse us…and you’re here daily? Can you even resist the dispute I have with Tsunki?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:49 PM

Ibiza…there’s a group that seem to think that’s the case! It’s the same group that never seem to get their hands dirty..,

…but I have just asked Mag p: if he even can resite the dispute J have with Tsunki. With all his opinion on the matter he most know a lot!

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:50 PM

Bobby…That’s fair enough. I did put your name in there to provoke.

Truth is, I find the tone of your posts often hard to digest. Perhaps being a bit self obsessed, I presumed I was part of your warning of posters to skip over. Thought I’d test it. Pretty immature I know.

I don’t deny that I said something similar to that at all. I think the word “part” is crucial and you insist on leaving it out. “Part of the problem”. Not to be blamed, if you care, but part of what allows Ashley to continue as he pleases. This is what I’m talking about. Communication. You’d rather repeat that over and over rather than clear it up. It’s not what I think, so I don’t believe I’d say it.

As for why I haven’t left quite yet…relax, I’m just being polite. Nothing to do with wanting people to beg me to stay.
    Anyway, apologies for mentioning you. Genuinely.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM

Jesper…I’m throwing in the towel. My advice is to pick one person, one topic and try and deal with it.

If you continue the way you are, you are playing into the theory. Just my opinion. I know your thinking is more…

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

But it’s seriously getting lost in translation and I don’t think purposefully in the main part.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM

Ibiza,
    Where have I said jesper is an Ashley supporter recently, I’ve seen his views. I’ve tried to talk to him about the transfer policy and I just get a load of smarmy lil sebeastion stereo type of shit, you say he’s a nice guy and doesn’t deserve this shit, why did he spend weeks goading me when I wasn’t posting, saying how good the blog was now without references my name, he hadn’t posted in a year, I really think you’ve barged in to a situation that doesn’t really concern you and let Jesper do his own talking.

• Bobbybee

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:54 PM

Toon dog, my pleasure mate. I know it goes against the grain to talk football on here but hey ho, wtf? 🙂
    Rafa has a delicate balancing act to perform because we’ve simply got too many squad members to just keep adding to it. It’s fine though, he understands the situation and is working on it. It will however take a bit of time and people just need to hang fire a bit and give him time to juggle. He wants what’s best for us but only has a limited budget so it has to be one out, one in. Tough job. We have some deadwood that needs shifting first, but I’m sure that come the start of the season, he’ll have a better team that finished last season. In Rafa we trust eh? 🙂

• Jib

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:54 PM

Ibiza do one and take Mr Diget with you

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Online Guy………… I can’t believe you think you are qualified to advise anyone on anything. Read back through some of your blog contributions over the last few months and in the cold light of day you may well see that you are in serious need of psychiatric help.
    If you take my advice and seek the help you need than I’m sure the pyschiatrist will have enough material from you for an entire conference.

• Bobbybee

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Ibiza, I rest my case, but accept your apology as you say it’s genuine.

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:57 PM

Not, I’m not on daily. You’re right. But you have form, it’s easy to digest who is in the wrong.

Your arrogance doesn’t help you.