web analytics

Report – Newcastle Close To Getting Barcelona Center-Back On Loan For Season

Sport are reporting that Newcastle will pay a €2M loan fee for Barcelona center-back Marlon Santos and he will come to Tyneside for a season-long loan.

pHe has played 3 times for the Barcelona first team and stands 6ft tall.ending the player obtaining a work permit.The Brazilian was on loan last season at Nice in Ligue 1 where he played 27 times and it looks like the deal will go through ending the player obtaining a work permit.

He has played 3 times for the Barcelona first team and stands 6ft tall.

Sport say the deal is not yet done and Newcastle will not have an option to buy but Ashley will pay €2M for the season so for the owner it’s a good deal.

22-year-old Barcelona center-back Marlon Santos

Sport reports the player has been part of the first team squad at Barcelona this summer and played a role in their preseason matches on their US Tour.

He has played 12 times for the Brazilian U20 side.

Santos is available because Barcelona signed 23-year-old French U21 defender Clement Lenglet from Sevilla and there is no room for Marlon in the Barcelona squad this season.

The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Barcelona last summer from Brazilian club Fluminense and we suppose he will come in to fill the gap left by the serious injury to Florian Lejeune.

But we cannot see him getting many first team games unless he can push his way past Lascelles, Clark, and Schar.

But it’s good that we will have a fourth center-back at the club next season.

It’s a pity Rafa couldn’t get an option to buy him in the loan contract – just in case the manager improves the player next season, as he did earlier this year rather dramatically with Kenedy – another Brazilian.

• jazzyp

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:17 AM

Ssn
    BREAKING: Middlesborough are set to sign Yannick Bolasie for £15million. Should be a done deal before the deadline. #Boro #EFC #Deadlinessn

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:19 AM

Jazzyp…”Most of us have wasted the last 8 year being Targeted with Racial slurs,Threats of violence and homophobic slander to boot.Constant sniping at everything you post on a regular basis by Jib.And that probably equates to 90% of the blog that has suffered at the hands of Jib.”

…I assume if you feel you have suffered at the hands of Jib as you put it (thats how I read it) then he’s rattle your cage!

Otherwise you wouldn’t really bother with him…personal opinion of course!

Personally I couldn’t see anyone I frequent on here leave because of Jib…he annoys people because we let him!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:20 AM

…and wasted 8 years 😉

• Moonraker15

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:20 AM

Jib
    @63
    You forgot to mention he knows nothing about football !

• Nufc-83

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:22 AM

How is that possible the Bolasie can go to Boro. Would be a quality signing with him and Kennedy on the wings. Never really hit it off at Everton but always a nightmare to play against with his pace and power. Has the ability to get to the level of Zaha in my opinion.

• jazzyp

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:23 AM

Jesper
    So now you are assuming that Jib has rattled my cage because of what you think eh mate??
    I have told you once directly from me he hasn’t,Trust me pal I should no more than you as it is me we are talking about

• chicousa

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:24 AM

Nufc-83
    You are right about the need for a creative #10! This is the 4th so far where we have failed to bring in such a player. Not sure why it never happens as it seems so obvious a need. Don’t take any sh!te from Jane! 😉

• jazzyp

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:24 AM

Jesper
    You assume to much buddy about others and making something into something it is not.

• chicousa

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:24 AM

4th = 4th Window in a row

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:27 AM

Jazzyp…I can only write what I assume from what I read…doing otherwise would be disrespectful to you!

…but if that’s not the case than my bad!

I posted a snippet of what you wrote just to highlight why I thought he rattled your case…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:28 AM

*then

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:29 AM

No offence intended Jazzyp 😀

• martoon

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:29 AM

Morning guys – I’m still collecting Predictions if you haven’t done them yet! I’ve decided to keep it the same as last year.
    So the categories are:

Final League Position
    Final Number of Points
    League Cup Round (2 – Entry, 7 – Final)
    FA Cup Round (3 – Entry, 8 – Final)
    Player of the Season (Blog)
    Top Goal Scorer (League & Cup)
    Number of Goals for TGS (League & Cup)

Could you please put my name in your predictions so I can find them easily – I’ll run this until Saturday Morning so if you want to wait until the Window closes – no problem or I will allow changes if you have had second thoughts.

So far I’ve predictions from:
    mallorcamag
    Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t
    Dave76
    Graeme
    geordiesteve520
    ilovetoon8788

Apologies if I missed you – just repost.

• Markaccus

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:30 AM

Hoping we are in for a LB as well as the Brazilian CB, because if the latter players WP hearing fails, we at least will still have dummet to cover CB if the LB comes in

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:32 AM

Martoon…there’s a lot of pressure on my this season so I might leave it late to post my prediction 😀 lol

• chicousa

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:33 AM

martoon
    Here are my 2018/2019 predictions:

Final League Position: 14
    Final Number of Points: 41
    League Cup Round: 6 (semi-finals)
    FA Cup Round: 5
    Player of the Season: Shelvey
    Top Goal Scorer: Rondon
    Number of Goals for TGS: 11

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:35 AM

Martoon

Thanks for taking the time to do this for the blog. Much appreciated Sir.

You going to the protest on Saturday?

• jazzyp

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:36 AM

Jesper

No apologies needed my friend,Just opinions mate that’s all

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:40 AM

Maybe my favourite song. Posted in honour of those who are agitating for change. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPR-HyGj2d0

• Jib

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:43 AM

Got to agree with this La Liga journo
    Talking about Sky

Andrew Gaffney
    ?I feel uncomfortable that a media outlet which is supposed to be reliable
    with its news and sources also has a betting company which profits off
    news they promote which then doesn’t come to fruition.

• Just a fan

Aug 9, 2018 at 10:38 AM

Geordie two.Yes I do but informative.which is why I read this blog.

• BANDWBURNABY

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Last signing day headlines by desperate reporters writing fiction. It would be interesting to see a list of them with all the players they have NUFC assosiated with. Bet accuracy is less than 5%

• BANDWBURNABY

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:17 PM

All smoke & mirrors followed by we couldnt get it over line

1 4 5 6