web analytics

Top Youngster Reveals Why He Chose Newcastle With Multiple Clubs After Him

Newcastle announced yesterday that we had signed promising 17-year-old striker Yannick Toure from BSC Young Boys in Switzerland, and he has signed an initial three-year contract

He was born in Dakar, Senegal, and he moved to Switzerland at a young age and has represented them at U-17 level.

The 6ft 1ins tall striker played for the Yong Boys under-21 side last season in the third tier of Swiss football, and he scored 7 goals in 14 appearances.

His excellent form has had clubs like Arsenal and Juventus interested in him.

Yannick Toure – young Newcastle United striker

This is what he has said on the Newcastle website via nufcTV:

“I’m very happy to sign for Newcastle.”

“I’ve heard a lot about them. I know it’s a famous club in England and I’m very, very happy to be here.”

“There was a lot of interest in me, but I chose to come here because it’s a great and traditional club in England.”

“I’m an offensive player and I like to score goals for the team. My position is a striker but I can play on the left and right.”

“I want to work hard, to learn and ultimately to play for the first team.”

“That is a very good challenge for me,”   It’s an opportunity for me to show what I’m capable of and have more game time.”

“It will be an experience, an introduction to English football for me, because it’s something new for me.”

“Maybe it will help me to establish myself.”

“I came to the stadium and watched the Chelsea match (on the last day of last season), which was very good,”

“Newcastle won 3-0 and it was a great match (yes it was – we won).”

“And I saw the fans, who were crazy.”

“They live for football and are so passionate, and I like that very much.”

Toure joined Young Boys at the age of 10 back in 2011, and he has started to take English lessons, but he can already speak some decent English – so he’s on his way.

We hope he is a huge success at Newcastle.

Yannick was not in the squad for the U23 game this afternoon at West Brom – but our other U23 signing – Rosaire Longelo – made his debut as a sub in the second half.

It ended 1-1 with Newcastle coming back with a goal from Callum Roberts after we were 1-0 down at the break.

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:17 PM

Hopefully this lad can break into the 1st team and provide more competition on the attacking front.

Other news

Lejeune is apparently up and walking now just days after his OP. Could be back sooner than expected!

• Pottsclock

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:23 PM

It’s good to see that the FA have decided to punish Spurs by NOT banning Sissoko.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:28 PM

Young Toure – might be a star of the future. Always difficult predicting the future of young players – a trap many fall into. At 6′ 1″ very decent height for a striker – better than a short arse.

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:32 PM

That’s a bit cheeky considering wor Belgian midget strikers Mr. Tuff mate… Welcome Yannick by the way. Good to have you on board.

• Toonces

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:32 PM

I think it is wrong to say that Yedlin is our weakest player. I think he is a decent fullback, but still raw with some weaknesses, and unfortunately he isn’t going to get any taller. Working on his positioning and reading of the play is key. His pace is immense and he has developed some bad habits as a result. He makes some mistakes. No doubt Rafa and coaches spend time with him about these things. If he can bring his game forward with another year of experience he will develop and be a good player. He had many good games last season and hopefully his injury isn’t too serious.

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:33 PM

He has the raw potential to mae it big or at least break into our first team.

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Yedlin would benefit from better competition at his position Toonces. The lack of squad depth is already showing after one match! Typical Ashley bollocks.

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:02 PM

Well, I guess that wraps it up for this article. Somebody turn oot the lights as we leave please….

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Does anybody have the keys since we’re closing up here? Quiet everybody! You’re disturbing the mice…

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Oh, right…. of course I’ll let the cleaning lady in… Harrumph!

• Jib

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:26 PM

I guess it’s Manquillo if Yedlin is out
    Sterry played for the U23’s today vs
    WBA

• Pottsclock

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:34 PM

You would think that all the stretching the players do in training should address the height issues over time.

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:57 PM

We’ve brought in a rack to help with that Pottsclock. It helps with the naughty lads as well. The Sopanish Inquisition is back! Rafa likes it…

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:57 PM

Sopanish Inquisition? Hmmm.

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Mutomutomutomuto!!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM

Does anybody have thoughts on who should buy oos? I fancy a Madonna/Cher consortium…

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:04 PM

You can never have enough Muto lads. Remember that… Muto doubters ooottt!!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:05 PM

Newcastle United. Powered by Mutonium!!!

• Jib

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise…
    surprise and fear…
    fear and surprise….
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise..
    .and ruthless efficiency….
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency
    …and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope….
    Our four…
    Amongst our weapons….
    Amongst our weaponry…
    are such elements as fear, surprise….

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Fong the unbeilievers! Fong them I say!! Fong McNutty and his 18th place finish! Harrumph!!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM

A pestilence upon thee McNutty! A curse has now been placed upon you and yours. You will rue the day you put oot that 18th place prediction monsieur! There now… the evil thing has been done. It’s too late for you McNutty. No… don’t beg forgiveness McNutty….

• ShearMagic

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:11 PM

Suppose people have seen D*ckhead Wise statement today? http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11471635/dennis-wise-defends-newcastle-owner-mike-ashley

Dont think he understands he’s done it for the past four windows. Or five is it now? When January comes will be six no doubt.
    Non the wiser. Excuse the pun.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM

How many of you lot had Hoser Loo as your TGS for this season? Hmmmm??? Bet you’re all feeling a bit silly now aren’t you? (Myself included, sigh)…

• beermonkey

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM

why has it taken so long to confirm these 2 youngsters

• Pottsclock

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:18 PM

Sorry all, but as my nephew has told me that Liverpool have signed Shakira I may need to change allegiance

• Sammy

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:22 PM

AncientC- The truth will owt.

Jeremy Corbyn has admitted that he was present when a wreath was laid for members of the terrorist organisation who murdered Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
    For the first time, the Labour leader has been forced to concede that a service he attended in 2014 in Tunisia did involve a commemoration for Black September.
    Since details of the event were exposed  in 2017, Mr Corbyn has always insisted that the event focussed on paying tribute to Palestinians killed during an Israeli bombing in Tunis in 1985.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:25 PM

Absolutely unacceptable Pottsy. Especially since we’re getting Madonna and Cher as wor new owners…

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:27 PM

Why does Dennis the Unwise ever open his gob? It’s such a narsty little gob. Keep schtum Dennis!!! Harrumph…

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Because dark, dirty things had to take place before we got them beermonkey mate. Narsty things behind closed doors involving Ashley spending a bit of money… Ahhhhh!!! There I’ve said the word spend…

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM

TGS Newcastle United as of today: Hoser Loo.

• posada

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:33 PM

Nufc-83

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:18 PM

posoda you have made a very general comment with little to back it up in that teams are targeting Yedlin. Even if it was the case of teams targeting the right side then do you not think it could be that they are targeting Richie as he doesn’t always do his defensive duties?

Forget what other teams are doing and look for the individual mistakes and if it is Yedlin’s fault which some goals are especially when he gets left up the pitch call it out. Overall when Yedlin is in position he is hard to beat and has a good leap on him for a smaller player. Teams with bigger players will always want to pull on smaller fb’s naturally anyway and that happens with all players even world class fb’s.

*****

Yeh I am speaking generally when I say that teams target him with a high diagonal ball. I’m not going to go through the last two years of games picking out specifics am I.
    Many who go to games will tell you, particularly towards the end of our Championship year that this happened a lot. Didnt always work for them. Before Yedlin same thing happened to Anita.
    It was talked about by many.
    He’s hard to beat. That does not mean you are a good defender. Santon was for me nearly as quick and bigger. You would not get past him very easily. But that is not what folks are talking about when they say defensively he was poor. It was about positioning, anticipation and sensing danger. In that sense he lacked something.
    G

• Belfast

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:33 PM

It’s the Geordie two show! Harrumph!

• posada

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:42 PM

Good leap perhaps. that’s just part of heading though.

I have to say I thought Spurs put us under great pressure high up the pitch.
    They lined up with 4 at the back and Dier infront of them. The other five interchanged positions very well. Alli was good. Kane was perhaps quiet, but always a danger. Erikson showed how good England could be if we had a midfielder like him to go with those two.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:43 PM

Now that we’ve got the rack in place what height would we like Yedlin to be?

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:44 PM

Join in Belfast mate. There is much to discuss!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:46 PM

Well said posada. Spurs pressure on us was impressive. Really shut us down at times. Forced a few turnovers oot of Diame as well. He’s got to improve his scrambly bits!!! Harrumph…

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:49 PM

We’ve got to get more Mutovated lads!!!Mutomutomutomuto!!!

• Belfast

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:50 PM

I’m warming up my vocal cords.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM

Excellent Belfast. You can be wor baritone…