web analytics

Top Youngster Reveals Why He Chose Newcastle With Multiple Clubs After Him

Newcastle announced yesterday that we had signed promising 17-year-old striker Yannick Toure from BSC Young Boys in Switzerland, and he has signed an initial three-year contract

He was born in Dakar, Senegal, and he moved to Switzerland at a young age and has represented them at U-17 level.

The 6ft 1ins tall striker played for the Yong Boys under-21 side last season in the third tier of Swiss football, and he scored 7 goals in 14 appearances.

His excellent form has had clubs like Arsenal and Juventus interested in him.

Yannick Toure – young Newcastle United striker

This is what he has said on the Newcastle website via nufcTV:

“I’m very happy to sign for Newcastle.”

“I’ve heard a lot about them. I know it’s a famous club in England and I’m very, very happy to be here.”

“There was a lot of interest in me, but I chose to come here because it’s a great and traditional club in England.”

“I’m an offensive player and I like to score goals for the team. My position is a striker but I can play on the left and right.”

“I want to work hard, to learn and ultimately to play for the first team.”

“That is a very good challenge for me,”   It’s an opportunity for me to show what I’m capable of and have more game time.”

“It will be an experience, an introduction to English football for me, because it’s something new for me.”

“Maybe it will help me to establish myself.”

“I came to the stadium and watched the Chelsea match (on the last day of last season), which was very good,”

“Newcastle won 3-0 and it was a great match (yes it was – we won).”

“And I saw the fans, who were crazy.”

“They live for football and are so passionate, and I like that very much.”

Toure joined Young Boys at the age of 10 back in 2011, and he has started to take English lessons, but he can already speak some decent English – so he’s on his way.

We hope he is a huge success at Newcastle.

Yannick was not in the squad for the U23 game this afternoon at West Brom – but our other U23 signing – Rosaire Longelo – made his debut as a sub in the second half.

It ended 1-1 with Newcastle coming back with a goal from Callum Roberts after we were 1-0 down at the break.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:55 PM

I would do it but I’ve had that narsty accident with the beanbag gun….

• c-dog

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:58 PM

Had a good convo about the Ritchie substitution with one of the lads in work today. He was a threat going forward, undeniably. Probably our greatest. The point was made to me, that on Saturday, for distance covered during the game we were over 4km higher than our average for last season. If you look at the top teams they always cover more ground in a game. Maybe Rafa has seen this an an area we are to improve on which no doubt we’ll reap the benefits of in terms of points gained over the course of a season. Is it possible Ritchie had ran out of legs with regards to positioning/tracking? And this is a major focus for Rafa this season. Food for thought…

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:01 PM

To me Ritchie often runs himself out early. His work rate is enourmous but then he doesn’t have much left for the final 30 minutes. I was disappointed by Atsu though. He was more of a sniffle than a full blown sneeze…

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:02 PM

Hopefully he can break into the first team. Can we still sign free agents? There’s a list a half decent players that we can capture:

G.Rossi
    Yaya Toure
    Siqueira (Left back we tried to sign before)
    Glenn Johnson
    Samir Nasri
    Diego Reyes

I reckon we should sign them all. All good enough.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:03 PM

• c-dog

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:06 PM

Absolutely Ritchie runs himself out. And he’s well admired for it. We do have a team lacking in certain quality in the final third but the work rate is never in question. If we’re matching the like of spurs for distance ran it’s a good sign. We will still lack ball retention this season however.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:06 PM

I think Kets is jane’s illegitimate son, i hope the father isn’t……. 😮

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:10 PM

Dubravka

Glenn Johnson Fernandez Diego Reyes Guilliherme Siqueira

Ritchie Yaya Toure Diame Kenedy

Rondon Rossi

• c-dog

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:10 PM

I thought you and ketsbaia were one jail. Along with myself and shire. Multiple multiples

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:18 PM

I hope it’s not you either Jail…

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:19 PM

Glenn Johnson is better than Manquillo and should be signed as back up. Siquiera can do a job as can Yaya Toure. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t sign them. Centre back, Goalkeeper and the wing are our best positions.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM

We should re-sign Ben Arfa. One I’ve missed off. Need that flair.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:25 PM

I hope it’s you Jesper, looking after him on a morning is just what you need now the kids are at nursery.

• AncientC

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:32 PM

I wasn’t aware Nasri was available on a free. Muto and Nasri attacking sides could be an interesting prospect.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:39 PM

Nasri could do a job. Would prefer Ben Arfa though. Glenn Johnson is a must signing. Can’t play Manquillo at right back. Just too slow.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:40 PM

Might have to give Lazaar a chance.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:41 PM

Rafa made a mistake with Ferreyra and Doumbia. He should’ve played them. They have banged in the goals since.

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:50 PM

Well lads, after a lot of moaning and whinging from Mr. Sissypants Yedlin himelf we endep making him 6’2″. I hope everyone is satisfied with that, and no we can’t do everyone else on the squad! Harrumph!!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:52 PM

That loco weed is very powerful these days ketsy. Be careful…

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:53 PM

We can give peace a chance ketsy but not Lazaar… No, not him please.

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:55 PM

To me, we have too little ball retention and too much water retention… doesn’t Rondon look bloated?

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:57 PM

Are you using the Santa Fe Special peyote buttons again ketsy. We can’t bring in another whole team just because some castoffs are available. Harrumph!

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:58 PM

Rafa or SORRY TO SAY Pinky and the Brain are maybe smart, So which one? We signed Muto and Ki, here’s the theory. Maybe Rafa or P&B are both thinking the same thing, we buy one from Japan and one from South Korea would open up the possibility for someone from respective countries to bid on Newcastle, so which one first will start the bidding war? I mean everyone knows there is more money in Asia, Rafa will be hoping and maybe Ashley has decided he cannot take the abuse anymore from the fans and if it happened the fans would be happy and so would Rafa.

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:01 PM

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:02 PM

Apparently the paragon of virtue that is Richard Keys has gone bleating to the police about abuse he has been receiving from Newcastle fans. I imagine some stuff directed at him over recent days has been a little ott, but there’s a reason for this – the guy’s a d1ck!!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:02 PM

I love ketsy’s enthusiasm for the club! Thank you ketsy!!!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:02 PM

GeordieTwo
    I thought Rondon was slow and cumbersome – looked like he was carrying to much timber and took to much time in his chance that hit the bar
    Hopefully Rafa can knock him into shape
    Still would start with Joselu as he looked half decent – best game in a toon shirt and bring Rondon on with twenty minutes to go

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:03 PM

This Keys dick. He sounds like some kind of dick Rob. We probably need a curse on him as well. I’ll get to work on it.

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:04 PM

Well said Charlie. Whip him into shape Rafa!

• c-dog

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:09 PM

Marketing value was an added benefit of signing Kid and Muto for Ashley in the short term and hopefully the club in the long term. But the two have also improved the squad.

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:18 PM

Just received this urgent correspondence from a Mr. Phil McNutty lads. Here’s the important bits. “Dr. Mr. G2: I just want you and your lot to know that I was very hasty with my Newcastle prdicition. Very hasty indeed. And now I’ve seen the error of my ways. So can you make my crotch stop itching?” And my reply: “Well well well Mr. McNutty. So now you want to beg off? So now you have regrets? Well it’s too late for that Monsieur! Suffer on matey! Sincerely, G2 and the lads.

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:27 PM

I will have something ready for Mr. Keys as well. Keep your heed doon Monsieur!! This is your only pre-curse warning!!

• jazzyp

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:28 PM

Putting Dennis Wise on skysportsnews to talk about Ashley’s nufc is like asking Rose West why Fred was laying his 15th new patio. MUGS

And I see we are pinning our hopes of another takeover from a consortium from the middle east led by Hong Kong Fui

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:32 PM

Whatever happened to Amanda, remember the statement, if Newcastle stays up we will be back in to purchase or something along those lines. I said back then it felt like someone, i.e Amanda needed 15 minutes of fame and a few gave me shite for it, so where was she after the season? Even if Mike wants 400 Million its still business and 400 Million seems the right number for him, let’s look at Man United, yes I know we are not Man U but they were purchased for an estimated 800 Million, and this was back in 2005. Wor Jackie, if you have any influence up there could you tap on the big fella’s shoulder and get him to whisper in someone’s ear that purchasing our club would best business they will ever do, Jackie please make sure that the big fella knows that whoever he whispers too must have faith in Rafa and have deep pockets like the owners of such clubs as Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, Spurs and Leicester City, someone along those lines will do nicely.

• posada

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:38 PM

As far as Ritchie and covering goes. I think folks should remember that wide left or right is a hell of a position to play in a 4/4/2. Rafa’s 4/2/3/1 is just a slight tweak on that or just another way to describe it really.
    The best combo for me were Giggs and Beckham. If they were athletes they would be 800 M runners. Beckham apparently used to go up to level 17 and some on the multi stage fitness test for fun apparently.
    Up and down the pitch from box to box.

The ball broke to Spurs, the ball was whipped in early, Deli Ali got a run on him.
    Not sure many players could have done a lot to stop that.

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:41 PM

Amanda Panda was a serious bidder. It was Mikey that was taking the pi$$! Harrumph!!

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:42 PM

I was standing in the Nonserious Bidder line waitning patiently and I looked over and there she was. Right at the head of the Serious Bidder line. That’s how I know she’s the real deal lads.

• beermonkey

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:13 PM

before we have a serious buyer we need a serious seller

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:31 PM

Both Yedlin and Ritchie were caught out of position for the second goal, and that played a part in a good Spurs side punishing us, in our first proper outing of the season. A combination of the unpredictable bounce of the ball and break of play, a couple of defences lapses from two good players, some good play from two probably slightly better players and a bit of ring rustiness. It was a great run by Dele, and a wonderful cross to pick him out. What do you do, other than highlight it, work on it in training, and keep picking them for as long as they remain our best options on the right. Spurs defending wasn’t great fot our very well worked and well taken goal either, it must be said.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:37 PM

Anybody wishing ill on Richard Keys needs to remember that every morning he has to wake up, look in the mirror, and remember that he’s Richard Keys. There’s NOTHING worse than that.