web analytics

Newcastle Winger Wants To Be Noticed This Season

Callum Roberts played at West Brom yesterday in the 1-1 draw and he equalized in the second half for Newcastle.

The impressive local lad knows he has to get Rafa’s attention this season by scoring goals and getting assists too.

Callum will either stay at Newcastle this season but could also go out on loan to a lower division club to get some first team games.

Callum turned 21 in April and it’s now time for him to show he can become a first-team player at Newcastle.

Callum Roberts – in action in the preseason

This is what Callum said on nufcTV after the game yesterday:

“It’s always nice to start the season with a goal – but definitely I need to add more goals and assists to my game.”

“It’s goals and assists which get wingers and forwards noticed the most – be it to get a loan move, or to impress the first-team manager, because that’s what he [Benitez] is going to be looking for.”

“It was a really good experience (preseason), where I played in all the games, but I needed to get a full 90 minutes in for the U-23s, which I’ve done now.”

“Being away with the first team has been great; you play with better players, the standard is higher and the intensity is totally different.”

“You’ve got to up your game when you go up a level, and I think I did that really well during pre-season.”

“But now it’s about translating that back into the U-23 setup and helping this side reach the next level too.”

“This is my job, it’s my job to score goals and make goals, so you’ve just got to try and forget the occasion – it doesn’t matter where you’re playing, or who you’re playing against – and try to perform to your best.”

“We worked really hard in pre-season, both on the pitch and in the gym, so now it’s about translating it from the training pitch into every game. If I can do that, I’ll be really happy.”

Another local lad, 21-year-old Adam Armstrong, was sold to Blackburn Rovers this summer and that was a disappointment that Adam didn’t make it at his hometown club.

We hope that Callum can show some excellent form this season and make his way permanently into the Newcastle first team squad.

• Bambams

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:21 PM

Repost….

Just spoken to my nephew….

This has come from a person who works at the club. My nephew was with him at the match.

It’s £320 million for the club plus £140 million for debt owed to Ashley.

£460 million in total !

He also said it’s a Chinese ‘Company’ when I queried if it was possibly a ‘Consortium ‘

Seemingly the bookies will not take the sources money when trying to put a bet on that the Club will be sold ‘This Month’

The source works for Newcastle United

Look I can genuinely state this is exactly what I was told, I know nothing more….It could be accurate – time will tell. I have been told the name of this person but for obvious reasons I am not naming the person.

• TomaKaThor

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:27 PM

Hmmm somebody made a new account?

• TomaKaThor

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:28 PM

Would love it to be true

• Jib

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:31 PM

I know who it is !!!!
    It’s Andy at “The King Neptune” Stowell Street
    He’s NUFC daft and minted
    😀

• NezzaNUFC

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:32 PM

Enough with the Newcastle sale rubbish, until valid sources is announced with permanent interest then we will believe this.

Mike is staying because Newcastle without his involvement has made a profit, so until Newcastle drop it’s revenues he is staying, simple as that!

You want Mike gone? Empty that stadium and never mind all that “support the team not the regime” rubbish because once Newcastle lose money each month, Mike will sell, keep turning up week in week out he stays put.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:34 PM

Jib – good value – only one person ever said that on this blog – the master multiple himself.
    Classic wummery trying to get a bit of blog friction going on Ed’s blog and cause him some aggro.
    Wummery and spite at it’s most brazen.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:38 PM

Mister Tuff
    Wummery and spite at it’s most brazen

oh I don’t know

you’re too thick to be a good WUM
    You are quite spiteful mind

• NezzaNUFC

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM

Came back from my hols last week and what was the first thing I read? Chants outside Sports Direct!

Who is the clever ponce that organized this?

And what were you expecting to happen since the fickle fans probably entered the stadium after the protest, so….. let’s put money into Mike’s pocket hahaha.

No good aiming at his tacky shops, you want to do damage to a billionaire? Aim at his profits at Newcastle.

• lochinvar

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:42 PM

From previous……the nephew just forgot to mention that he’s Lee Mack of “Would I lie to you ? ”

Does he

A. live in Sunderland ?
    B. drink too much Buckie ?
    C. think he seen the tooth fairy ?

The answer of course is that if you live in A. and consume B. Then you’ll almost certainly see C.

• NezzaNUFC

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Sorry for the rant guys but enough is enough and it’s about time those who attend home games stand up and be counted for.

Even having our ground massively empty for 1 game will trigger the panic button for Mike Ashley and it’s certainly not something you can shrug off either and it will certainly remove that smug smile from his face!

We may as well face the fact that Rafa will be leaving after this season unless we ALL do something about it.

Get the Newcastle fans group together and organise a stay clear protest to open his eyes.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:56 PM

Nezza, not sure you can order fans to stay away from the ground – never gonna happen.

Bambams, didn’t you once say you had a contact that worked at the ground on the turnstiles? Is this where your rumour is coming from or is this a separate source?

• Graeme

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:56 PM

BamBams – If your Contact / Nephew works for NUFC is it not illegal for him to gamble on any sports events??
    Just a thought!!

Certainly hope any sale of NUFC to ANYONE but FCB is true though lol.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Sack Llambias

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM

I would also like to see Bills back as he’s also great value.

Ian Toon

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Jib is good value. I personally welcome an alternative viewpoint and he is rarely just plain boring.

Danny Boy

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:18 AM

Jib
    Thanks for your insight on the way football agents operate. Good value mate and worth having to read through the many infantile repetitive comments on here

What is the point of him and his mischief.

• Terry

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:00 PM

AncientC
    Stop your bil boarding!!

What is it about Jeremy Corbyn and terrorists? The Labour leader had a well-attested connection to Sinn Fein leaders at a time when the IRA was bombing mainland Britain in the Eighties. He even took part in a picket outside the Old Bailey in 1986 to protest at the “show trial” of the man accused of bombing the Grand Hotel in Brighton and spoke at official Republican commemorations to honour dead IRA terrorists.
    It is astonishing that someone who may become prime minister once sought common cause with those who aimed to destroy the very heart of the democratic state he wishes to govern. He maintains he was trying to build bridges and points to the Good Friday Agreement as proof of these endeavours. But this will simply not wash because he was entirely one-sided in his support.
    The same holds true of Mr Corbyn’s connection to the Palestinian cause and organisations like Hamas. Again, he justifies this by claiming to be a peace broker. Yet photographs have emerged of the Labour leader attending a wreath-laying ceremony at a cemetery in Tunisia which contains the graves of members of the Black September organisation which murdered 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM

Who are all these new posters having a go at Jerry Corbett?

• Ron Knee

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:06 PM

@14

Lifted from the Torygraph. Quelle surprise.

• DubaiMicky

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:06 PM

PaddyPower refused a bet on us being sold too. Not that that means anything. Just sayin’ like.

• Terry

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:08 PM

AncientC
    Stop your bil boarding!!

Mr Corbyn concedes that he was there but only to commemorate the victims of an Israeli air attack on a PLO base in 1985. While he initially denied the event in Tunisia was connected to the Munich massacre, he changed his story when photographs suggested otherwise. “I was present when [the wreath] was laid but I don’t think I was involved in it,” he said.
    Even if we can accept his convoluted explanation, what on earth was he doing at the PLO ceremony in the first place? At the time, Mr Corbyn was ploughing a lonely furrow on the far Left of a party later unwise enough to give him the chance to contest and win the leadership. But he now seems anxious to disavow these past associations, or at least muddy the waters, either by pretending they did not happen or were misunderstood. He must not be allowed to pull the wool over our eyes.

• Bambams

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:08 PM

Graeme

My nephew does not work for the club…..Allegedly the source does though. (Maybe the source asked another to try and place the bet)

I am aware insider knowledge and betting is a no no…

Cheers fella

• estechco

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:09 PM

NezzaNUFC your argument unfortunately falls down when you consider the revenue from match day tickets has largely been collected by direct debit several months back. One of Ashley’s shrewder tactics.

I was at the SD protest on Sat and can vouch that such ideas have been fully considered. The various groups DO (finally) appear to be talking to each other and acting collectively.

• Terry

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:10 PM

Ancient C
    Just stop your bill boarding and we can return the blog to being a NUFC Blog.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:13 PM

estecho,
    I’m back home next week, is there any fans meetings planned.

• Graeme

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:17 PM

BamBams @ 14 – You just can’t believe how much I want this to be true lol
    No doubt alongside thousands of fans everywhere.

• Graeme

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Sorry – BamBams at 19 – not 14

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Terry, or whoever you are, please stop your showboating and general arseholery and bog off so we can talk about grown up stuff.

When are the school holidays finished?

Sheesh….

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:19 PM

no wonder folk aren’t prepared to share bits of information on here any more,
    the abuse and ridicule they receive is totally over the top,
    yet wums trolls and multiples can just do what they like, odd that ????

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Bam bam
    Appreciate you posting what you’ve heard. Me personally, I’ve said this a lot so don’t take this as a dig or anything, I really don’t see us being this this season. Possibly at the end maybe. Mostly because the valuation by Ashley looks to be aimed at keeping the club rather than selling it. I don’t see many rich folk willingly pull their own pants down to pay the asking price. That’s just how I see it but will gladly hold my hands up if someone does it. I would be astounded at £460m like bearing in mind most reports Ashley has been looking for £400m which includes the £140m.

• martoon

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:20 PM

I have to say whether Bambams itk information turns out to be true or not it is the reason I love reading this blog for stuff like that – makes wading through all the bitching worthwhile 😀

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Rob
    He’ll be off soon no doubt. Mums probably made his tea and he won’t want it to get cold.

• simon376

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:24 PM

Let’s all just hope what Bambams has heard is right. Think we should have enough for this season as it is anyway tho couple of frees now would come in handy, but if it’s right we will be fine till Jan then can get couple more good players in alongside now doing up training ground and academy

• DubaiMicky

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:25 PM

I see the cowardly southern loving FA are taking no action against Sissoko.

One rule for London, another for us. Even Yid fans wanted him banned!

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:27 PM

About Roberts, thought he was good when he was in attacking positions, ball at his feet during pre season. Nowhere near being a left back but a prospect on the wing. Beat his man at times, or made space to put in good delivery in the box. He needs a loan where he’ll play. Can’t help but feel his build makes clubs reluctant to play him so possible loan move abroad should be considered?

• Mindshaft

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:29 PM

Not sure why anybody would pay 460 million for Newcastle – simply not good value when you think they will need to spend another 75 – 100 million in Jan transfer window to avert relegation

• AncientC

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:33 PM

I was just catching up on the blog. Lesh, from earlier, no need to apologise for your long link, it wasn’t your link that widened the layout of the blog. It’s not links that disturb the layout.

Just saying because I wouldn’t want anybody to feel hesitant about sharing links on the blog.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:35 PM

Micky, it’s that famous rule – if the ref sees it, the FA can’t act on it.

If the ref saw it though, why did he not act on it? I didn’t see it but from what I’ve heard it was pretty much a carbon copy of what Shelvey did to Alli last time round to earn his red card.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:35 PM

Dubai
    I read that dermot Gallagher, former ref current clown, passed it off as not being malicious. I don’t know how true this part was but I read a comment that the shelvey one from last year was seen as violent and intentional. Either way, both incidents were sending off but when do we ever get fair treatment.

• lesh

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Terry (and Sammy)….

I was about to suggest you post your plagiarized bile on Daily Heil’s website but even they wouldn’t appreciate it – they’re more than capable of making up their own.

Try running them past Trump – if someone reads them to him, he might even like them.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:42 PM

Mindshaft, I think that’s the point, Ashley was asking for a lump sum plus his debt covered, which was too much for any buyers.

The speculation is that he’s now paid off his debt with club profits and left Rafa with the bare bones of naff all to build his squad but can now accept a bid at what the club is actually worth, ie £320 million, not much different to the Staveley bids.

I’ll echo those like martoon and Hibbit who said they appreciate the links and rumours – variety is the spice of life, even if the rumours are false in the end it gives us all something new to bang on about for a while…

• AncientC

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:43 PM

Imagine coming onto the blog and pasting an opinion piece from The Telegraph and passing it off as your own. Smart.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:45 PM

I posted this earlier but I think people may have missed it with the comments section being a bit skewed.

Shows the costs of the line ups and subs used on the openeing weekend. We currently sit 17th but once Bournemouth and Burnley bring in their signings, we’ll be 19th ahead of only Cardiff.

1 2 3 6