web analytics

Newcastle Winger Wants To Be Noticed This Season

Callum Roberts played at West Brom yesterday in the 1-1 draw and he equalized in the second half for Newcastle.

The impressive local lad knows he has to get Rafa’s attention this season by scoring goals and getting assists too.

Callum will either stay at Newcastle this season but could also go out on loan to a lower division club to get some first team games.

Callum turned 21 in April and it’s now time for him to show he can become a first-team player at Newcastle.

Callum Roberts – in action in the preseason

This is what Callum said on nufcTV after the game yesterday:

“It’s always nice to start the season with a goal – but definitely I need to add more goals and assists to my game.”

“It’s goals and assists which get wingers and forwards noticed the most – be it to get a loan move, or to impress the first-team manager, because that’s what he [Benitez] is going to be looking for.”

“It was a really good experience (preseason), where I played in all the games, but I needed to get a full 90 minutes in for the U-23s, which I’ve done now.”

“Being away with the first team has been great; you play with better players, the standard is higher and the intensity is totally different.”

“You’ve got to up your game when you go up a level, and I think I did that really well during pre-season.”

“But now it’s about translating that back into the U-23 setup and helping this side reach the next level too.”

“This is my job, it’s my job to score goals and make goals, so you’ve just got to try and forget the occasion – it doesn’t matter where you’re playing, or who you’re playing against – and try to perform to your best.”

“We worked really hard in pre-season, both on the pitch and in the gym, so now it’s about translating it from the training pitch into every game. If I can do that, I’ll be really happy.”

Another local lad, 21-year-old Adam Armstrong, was sold to Blackburn Rovers this summer and that was a disappointment that Adam didn’t make it at his hometown club.

We hope that Callum can show some excellent form this season and make his way permanently into the Newcastle first team squad.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Bugger! Just spent 5 minutes writing a post and it’s gone!

• DaveD1000

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:19 PM

Tosun 121
    I would blame Jib…

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:22 PM

Jib….was it you? Did you poo-poo my post, or worse did you poo-poo the poo-poo?

• Jib

• Jib

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:35 PM

?

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:35 PM

Hibbitt
    I think you will find it is you who keeps bringing it up. You keep saying why do itks get a hard time and we apparently have to keep telling you. You do get a bit diva-ish and defensive with your threats to leave the blog forever when a simple acknowledgement just saying you called it wrong wouldn’t have killed you.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:36 PM

Cat fight everone !!!!!!!!
    Handbags at 5 paces 😀

• Jib

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:43 PM

😐

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM

BeerMonkey

26th June turned up out of the blue then left again. It was a little mysterious and I’m still not sure why he was there then before the lads came back to training.

• Bambams

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:53 PM

For what it’s worth I have never once said I was an ITK

I received a text just before lunchtime and I spoke with my nephew shortly afterwards. I posted on here what I was told.

For those that want to read my post then fine, those that don’t matters not a jot to me.

It won’t put me off sharing what I hear….unless it causes the source some grief.

Enjoy your evening

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:58 PM

Blimey, just posted the same thing and once again, it’s disappeared into the ether! Am I being censored? I did mention that satirical mag created by the Donald brothers and characters inspired by our very own pantomime villain. Could that be it?

• A Pain in the Blog

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:59 PM

Bambams

I, for one, would like to be kept up to date with anything you hear.

Thanks.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:02 PM

Tramp @115

You could have named the said blog poster by name and built him up a bit 😉

• Moonraker15

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:03 PM

If Ashley wants £460 million for the Toon he’s got it for life and beyond. He doesn’t want to sell it while it’s making money.
    So what’s gonna happen to us? Well survival quite comfortably this season; Rafa leaves; Pardew returns and we’re relegated despite huge spending. Then we sink into obscurity at the lower end of the championship and Ashley sells up for about £100 million to a second rate consortium with little or no money. Basically Ashley will have presided over 15 wasted years of our history!

• lesh

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:03 PM

Jiblets….. Ir should we call you Boris after the rather arrogant, outspoken and nasty piece of work who claims expertise in the Classics?

For what it’s worth, Hermes was attributed with many roles including that of messenger to the gods who was, it is said, sent by Zeus to educate others in the arts of diplomacy and harmony.

In the light of that, perhaps Hermes is not an appropriate name for you. Might I suggest Ate?

• lesh

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Bambams

Ignore the crap!

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:06 PM

Glenn there’s a filter for bad language which could be picking up on a word in your post which is innocent but suspicious. if so it will block your post. Ed won’t care if you referenced Viz.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:07 PM

RobLeenio,
    He’ll have just been checking to see that his office furniture hadn’t been pawned.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Glenn = Tosun according to my auto correct…..

Harumph!

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:09 PM

Rob….cheers mate. (Who’s Glenn now?) 🙂

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:12 PM

Rob …Ah ok! At work my spellchecker changed my mate Derick’s name to “diarrheic” . He wasn’t amused.

• SredniVashtar

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:20 PM

Bambams and anyone else who has any scrap of knowledge about any takeover

I really appreciate the info from all you guys. Please share. Ignore the guys who give you stick – we know it might not be true but we don’t care. We’d still rather know the info.
    Please share anything you have. It is all appreciated, no matter how unlikely or how

• SredniVashtar

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:21 PM

apparently unimportant the info seems.

• SredniVashtar

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Sorry my comment seems to have split in two

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:31 PM

Sredni

I’ve been trying to work out if your name is an anagram and all I’ve come up with is.

Rash Inside Vat. 🙂

• Sammy

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:32 PM

Lesh
    Boris is a true patriot. Which is more than can be said for comrade Corbyn.
    Your dismissive approach along with that of your cohort Ancient C is inexcusable. The charge sheet has been presented previously.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:35 PM

BamBams whether it’s true or not, it does liven up the blog, so I aint casting any stones in your direction, I don’t believe it myself but would love it to be true.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Trouble with Boris is that he seems to want to portray himself as a bumbling clown and that never works in the upper echelons of power.

For example you’d never see someone like that in the white House would you?

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Moonraker
    It’s not just wasted time and history under Ashley, the effect it has on youngsters in the area. How many have been turned off by him or had parents turned off that Newcastle isn’t the automatic first choice team to support anymore. You could argue Ashley affecting the next generation of nufc fans.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM

Don’t feed the wum/troll. Bedtime soon anyway, even during the school holidays.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM

Sredni

Perhaps your comment strayed into the the influence of quantum mechanics.

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:43 PM

Re V A R money talks. Power wins.they could slant it to the big clubs. Did see that did not see that.i did say it’s just a thought.

• Dragon64

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:49 PM

Bambams
    any info is better than none have to have some hope. thanks

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Bambams has been posting on here for years and I’ve no reasons to doubt his integrity whatsoever ever so this isn’t aimed at him at all. But can people stop encoraging people to post “whether it’s true or not”. What is the point in getting excited over someone with no link to the club posting something they were allegedly told in a bar.

• toon22

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Has anyone actually checked with a book maker if they wont take a bet on the toon being sold this season
    Its an easy one to check and kind of backs up or rubbishes the story
    nice to hear gossip but its a non starter for me
    Its just another story how we couldnt get the deal over the line,just like the last 11 years tbh