web analytics

Newcastle Winger Wants To Be Noticed This Season

Callum Roberts played at West Brom yesterday in the 1-1 draw and he equalized in the second half for Newcastle.

The impressive local lad knows he has to get Rafa’s attention this season by scoring goals and getting assists too.

Callum will either stay at Newcastle this season but could also go out on loan to a lower division club to get some first team games.

Callum turned 21 in April and it’s now time for him to show he can become a first-team player at Newcastle.

Callum Roberts – in action in the preseason

This is what Callum said on nufcTV after the game yesterday:

“It’s always nice to start the season with a goal – but definitely I need to add more goals and assists to my game.”

“It’s goals and assists which get wingers and forwards noticed the most – be it to get a loan move, or to impress the first-team manager, because that’s what he [Benitez] is going to be looking for.”

“It was a really good experience (preseason), where I played in all the games, but I needed to get a full 90 minutes in for the U-23s, which I’ve done now.”

“Being away with the first team has been great; you play with better players, the standard is higher and the intensity is totally different.”

“You’ve got to up your game when you go up a level, and I think I did that really well during pre-season.”

“But now it’s about translating that back into the U-23 setup and helping this side reach the next level too.”

“This is my job, it’s my job to score goals and make goals, so you’ve just got to try and forget the occasion – it doesn’t matter where you’re playing, or who you’re playing against – and try to perform to your best.”

“We worked really hard in pre-season, both on the pitch and in the gym, so now it’s about translating it from the training pitch into every game. If I can do that, I’ll be really happy.”

Another local lad, 21-year-old Adam Armstrong, was sold to Blackburn Rovers this summer and that was a disappointment that Adam didn’t make it at his hometown club.

We hope that Callum can show some excellent form this season and make his way permanently into the Newcastle first team squad.

• Lindisfarne

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:12 AM

Not that Rafa would, but I would be interested to see the following formation:

—Rondon———Joselu
    —————Motu
    Kenedy—Shelvey—Ki—Ritchie
    Dummett—Schar—Lascelles
    ————-Dubravka

• Jib

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:00 AM

Lindisfarne that would work better with Motu
    out right – Ritchie is no wing-back

• Tommy

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:10 AM

Lesh
    Do you hum Things can only get better in the shower. We both want a radical Labour programme to mend bust relations following the infiltration of momentum at a growing pace. Being an away fan I see momentum drumming up support outside football grounds. You will remember the National Front in the 1970’s.
    I sense from your comments that you want nothing that damages the white working class man and the traditional Labour Party. You need to stop the infiltration of Corbyn and momentum who are a disgrace please think before you align with AncientC who is working to a devised programme on here.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:10 AM

Ritchie has played left-back before now

Rafa refused a £15M bid for Matt
    from Stoke which would imply that
    he was fairly insouciant about the
    funds available.
    Which would seem to make these
    protests a bit baffling to him.

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:10 AM

Terry, Sammy, Peter, and all the other ‘new’ posters having a go at Ancient C,
    If you’re sad enough to post as multiples at least have the brains to make it not so obvious. You might have noticed nobody posts on blogs with just a regular first name such as John or Bob, so to have 3-5 people all turning up with unimaginative names at the same time to copy and paste Daily Express drivel won’t fool anyone. Whoever you are you have shown yourself to be a complete idiot and that’s without even bothering to discuss what you’re regurgitating from your chosen newspaper or Britain First or whatever. I guess you got bored posting your nonsense on express.com or thesun.com because there is nobody you can argue with as it’s all likeminded divvies harping on about bringing the British Empire back. If you want it back that much, I suggest you build a boat and go attack America yourself. And you called Corbyn a tool because he attends football matches, therefore you are calling everybody on here a tool which also highlights your stupidity.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:11 AM

Tommy
    No he just hums
    He could do with a shower actually

• Jib

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:14 AM

The next Mike Williamson
    I’m fairly sure Lesh would play the
    multiple game if he had the nous

• Jib

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:16 AM

I think we , who have only one profile on here
    would be shocked at how many multiples there
    are on the blog.

• Ron Knee

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:17 AM

Would that be “Tommy” as in Robinson?

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:20 AM

oh there’s now a Tommy now to go with Sammy, and Terry and Peter. I’ll expect a Harry, Sally, Barry, and Gary to have a go at me by repeating the kind of rubbish Murdoch and the other billionaire newpaper owners tell the idiots to think. Have you ever stopped to think why the billionaire owned papers are in such a mad frenzy to sling mud at Corbyn? Perhaps because he wants a fairer society? Maybe they are scared he will be tougher on newspapers. At present, the Daily Express prints dozens and dozens of apologies for false stories. But the false story gets a few days on the front page, the apology gets one sentence, tucked away on page 30. Corbyn has suffered the biggest propaganda campaign since the days of Hitler and Stalin. It’s ferocious.

• Handy Andy

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:25 AM

Mike
    Arsenal season tickets are the most expensive in the Premiership.

1 4 5 6