web analytics

Rafa Thinks Unsettled Player Important To Newcastle – Can Play For England

News this week is that Isaac Hayden still wants to leave Newcastle for a club in the south so he can be nearer to his girlfriend and their baby.

Stoke And Aston Villa were interested in him, but they are not in the south where Isaac would prefer to be located.

Isaac Hayden – in training – still wants to leave Newcastle

This is what Isaac has said about leaving the club last month – as reported in the Shields Gazette:

“The club know my stance,” “I spoke to them at the start of the summer. I spoke to the manager, I spoke to the club.”

“I let them know about the situation. I just hope that they can find a solution to help me with my situation.”

“If not, I’m a professional, so I’m going to do my job, but they know my stance. It’s not changed.”

The Gazette today reports that Benitez believes Hayden can represent England, but Rafa has told the player he will not be leaving Newcastle.

This is what Rafa said about Hayden’s situation yesterday:

“Nobody’s in limbo at the moment. The senior players who are in the team or in the squad, they cannot go, and that’s it.”

“They have to keep on working hard, which they’re doing already, and they know. “

“There are all these links, but no chance.”

“I have been talking to him (Hayden), and I will try to help as much as I can, but he has to stay, and he has to fight for his position,”

“He’s an important player for us. I’ve had this conversation with him before, maybe one month ago or even more, and we decided that he’ll stay.”

““Is he OK with that? No, not really. “

“At the moment, he’s still thinking that ‘for me and my family, it will be better to go,’”

“But we’re professionals, and we have to do what we have to do at the moment and facilitate the situation as much as we can.”

Rafa is in somewhat of a similar situation with his family in Liverpool, although that’s closer than the south-west where Hayden’s young family are said to be located.

And Hayden could be struggling for playing time and didn’t make the bench last week against Spurs.

Ki Sung-yueng seems to be ahead of him in the pecking order for a central midfield position.

The England U21 International has played 64 times for Newcastle with 3 goals since signing on from Arsenal two years ago.

What do you think?

• RobLeenio

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:32 AM

I think Hayden’s playing opportunities will be limited and I think he knows this. It’s a shame as he could become a good player, but we have better options in midfield.

I don’t think he will ever be a great player, so maybe time for him to move on. Not this window though.

• Madmag

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Repost

@ Ancientc
    Yesterday you said this in reply to someone else.

carl, from earlier. Do you mean the same Muslim Brotherhood that is charitable group, was democratically elected into power in Egypt, supported by Obama, and then forced out in a coup. It is good you show an interest in these things, you will get there eventually. Better than turning Libya—which previously has the highest literacy rates in north Africa—into a open slave market and arming Saudis, isn’t it. Just leave it be. You wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if it came to a debate. And I am sure the blog wouldn’t welcome it. You have been rabbiting on about momentum for months.

I would be happy to talk about it; you are setting my argument up for a win, but I don’t think the blog would appreciate it. Take the hint

@Ancientc That was probably the biggest piece of pure B/S I’ll read today

You need to research Muslim Brotherhood multi national agenda a bit better. They are anything but democratic

Using Obama as a standard for democracy is laughable, do you know just how many Executive Notices (Non democratic means of getting your own way) he signed during his two terms 276! just a few behind Bill Clinton’s 364 ! (For context Trump has signed 82 up to now)

For those who don’t know, Executive orders by a President are not defeatable in congress, the only way to stop them is by cutting funding

As for your straw man of Libya, do you have any idea at all what life was like under the Gaddaffi regime.

I have difficulty understanding how people can tolerate Corbybn’s Anti Semitism but there again I shouldn’t have any difficulty as historically since post World War 2 the left wing has always had an anti semitism aspect about it.

You seem to be just a typical non thinking leftie and as for the hypocrisy of telling another not to talk about politics on the blog, well my flabber is gasted

Don’t bother to reply as I’m not a regular here and I’ll probably miss it

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:38 AM

betty from previous, that is anti-semitism, not racism… there is a difference. Some palestinians are semitic too. If you would like to show me the quote, and point out what it is that Corbyn said that was anti-semitic, I would be happy to see it. Also, Corbyn didn’t put that picture in in the FB group and isn’t responsible for it.

I am still waiting for proof that Corbyn is racist. It shouldn’t be that difficult. Find me the quote.

• Jib

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:40 AM

I think Rafa always sees the long game.

Hayden at the end of this season will
    still have 2 years on his contract.

If we are safe by Spring he will give him
    his opportunity to shine with a few games
    and then maybe trade him plus cash , with
    Chelsea for Kenedy

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:40 AM

Madmag, I stated the Muslim brotherhood was democratically elected in Egypt and removed in a coup. What is b.s. about that. I also stated they are involved in charity work, another truth.

If anybody here needs to do some reading, it is you. That reply was directed to carl, btw, not you.

Spare the blog pls.

If you want to set up a page, perhaps on reddit, and give me the link, I would be happy to discuss it with you on there.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:41 AM

bettyswallocks
    Aug 18, 2018 at 9:34 AM
    Ancient C……….. Corbyn commented on the Facebook Group ” Palestine Live” which was an anti – Semitic organisation set up to make anti – Semitic comments. He used the word “Zios” which is a term used amongst the Hamas sympathisers and clearly racist.

He has made many racist comments against Isreal and Jews in general which is why even members of his own party realise that this terrorist sympathising non patriotic half wit is clearly not the man to lead our country.

The fact that you are such a fan of this traitor tells me that you are also not to be trusted and in your quest to try and spread positive propaganda on behalf of such an a… hole on a footy blog makes you a worthless individual worthy of zero respect.

• hibbit

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:43 AM

THIS IS A FOOTBALL BLOG NOT A PARTY POLITICAL BROADCAST

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:44 AM

betty, still waiting for that quote. In your own time.

• Jib

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Antisemitism is hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews.
    A person who holds such positions is called an antisemite.
    Antisemitism is generally considered to be a form of racism.
    Except by sections of the Labour party and it’s leader and some
    footy bloggers.

From Wiki (except for the last sentence)

• Jib

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:45 AM

Now change your f@cking avatar you annoying twat

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:47 AM

Jib, “generally”? Feel free to show me a quote. Betty is clearly struggling. Maybe you could help him out. He seems a little bit stuck.

• posada

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:47 AM

Someone from outside the UK asked in a post – why did the people of Newcastle vote Leave.
    As did many in traditional Labour areas. If you don’t mind I’ll answer that.

We have had Governments for 40 years, Labour and Conservative, who ruled not for the people but for the bankers and financiers of the City of London. We never joined the Euro as they thought it was a bad idea. This has caused a two tier UK. Boom and prosperity in the South East. Doom in the outer lying regions relatively.

In short folks were sick and tired of this and thought nothing could get worse. Against the advice of both main parties they voted Leave.

Guess what. The pound devalued and manufactoring got a boost, which has helped the regions.
    I have never seen it busier business wise where I live in the Norst East.
    Last week it was announced that unemployment is now at its lowest since 1975.

• hibbit

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:47 AM

THIS IS A FOOTBALL BLOG NOT A PARTY POLITICAL BROADCAST,

• bettyswallocks

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Ancient C (nut)………… Are Jews not a race then?

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:52 AM

Why doesnt he try again. Why did Ashley reject his bid last time

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Judaism is a religion. Didn’t you know that, betty?

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Jews is a religion. Israelis would be classes as race or ethnicity.

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:54 AM

*classed

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM

Anyways, betty, now that you have given up trying to find a quote (you are not going to find one because one doesn’t exist), would you agree to drop the subject and get back to football now?

• A Pain in the Blog

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM

Hear, hear, Hibbit!

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM

In my opinion we should lose what makes this country unique and what is there for the people. I want to keep the pound cos thats only our currency and makes us unique. Also british gas, royal mail, trains, and other stuff that have been privatised should have remained ours to serve the people and not for profit. To hell with the people responsible for selling these off for money. Not only that but i think non uk people might even own some of these not sure which makes it even worse. Pray to god the nhs never goes private.

• lesh

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Let’s give politics a break, forget football and NUFC and ask who was the better rock drummer – Jim Keltner or Richie Hayward, bless him

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM

*we should NOT lose
    Ffs

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:02 AM

I dont understand the obsession with corbyn he is not prime minister its theresa may

• Ron Knee

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:02 AM

What point are you making, Aces?

• bettyswallocks

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:07 AM

The Israelies are a race of people and the racist comment made by Corbyn was directed at them which makes it a racist comment and him a racist.

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:10 AM

betty, which racist comment? Would you care to paste it.

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:11 AM

betty, you are one very confused person. I don’t blame you, I blame the tabloids.

• Aces-of-Eights

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:13 AM

Ron knee.. Point on what as ive made like 3 different comments

• STB

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:16 AM

The purpose of the comments is to allow Newcastle United fans and others to express their views on the news of the day concerning the Newcastle United Football Club.

We’d ask that you be civil towards other readers and refrain from obscene language and any comments on religion, ethnic groups or politics.

• posada

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:16 AM

One last political comment.

I can’t stand Osbourne or Cameron.

They gave UK voters the opportunity to vote Leave. When it looked like they would in the last couple of weeks they started Campaign Fear. Leave will be dreadful. Everything from a tidal wave to the return of the plague.
    Wait a minute if it is going to be that bad why did you allow us the option to Leave in the first place. Are you not supposed to do the right thing and keep us safe from that. That’s why you are the Government.

On a special question time Cameron said all the EXPERTS are saying we should Remain.
    In the audience a fella who was perhaps 60s or so commented back, are these the same EXPERTS who caused the financial crash of 2008 and wasted 10s of billions of pounds worth of our money.

Cameron simply had no answer to that.

The ordinary woman/man in the street can’t possibly know what is right/wrong on that. Or whether these politicians are being genuine or just pushing their own or someone elses agenda.

• Tom4Nufc

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Hey Guys,

I’m looking for a website / blog which discusses NUFC and you can comments on articles.

I’ve been coming here since I was a teenager doing my GCSE’s so approx 10 years and due to work, struggle to contribute these days. I’ve got to say that everyone is entitled to their opinion when it comes to politics and having opposing views is fine and the way of the world – after all, without this the world would be a much more boring place.

What I do have an issue with though is these comments being posted on this website. It’s not a political website, it’s a website on our great club. Please divert these conversations to websites where it’s more appropriate…!

Anyway, rant over. Score today? I’m going for a tight 1-0 with Rondon to come on and score!

• posada

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:21 AM

Hibbit
    We have just had our local MP raise our situation at NUFC in Parliament.
    Is that not politics.
    40 years of Neo Liberalism has created the likes of Mike Ashley and all he stands for. Is that not politics.
    We have a two tier country where all the new money heads for the South East and is probably why we have never been bought by a sheik or an Oligarch. Is that not politics.

• Lindisfarne

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:21 AM

Posanda – here here

• Lindisfarne

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Play Joselu and Rondon today and beat them at their own game.

• AncientC

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:24 AM

I just read the Magpie Group letter in response to Ashley. I would love to see Ashley squirming when he reads it and knows everybody else has.

Credit to whoever wrote the letter.

• Ron Knee

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:24 AM

posada

So you’re saying it was “experts” who caused the financial crash, and not greedy bankers?

• Just a fan

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Could some people on here run an Ashley blog so those that wish can go on it and then I could just read about the football on here.

• Jib

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Lind
    “hear hear” man – get it right

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:29 AM

No politics no religion please.