web analytics

Will Rafa Start New Signing On Sunday – We Need The Win

Salomon Rondon could get his first start on Sunday when we play Chelsea at home.

Rafa has been slow to introduce the new signings and only last season’s loan players Martin Dubravka and Kenedy have started the previous two games.

But Kenedy – lucky not to pick up a three-game retroactive ban this week – cannot play against his own club on Sunday.

Rondon looks to be a good player who can hold up the ball and offer some physical presence in the penalty area.

Salomon Rondon – could he start on Sunday?

And although he is not a prolific goalscorer he has earlier stressed that he was playing for West Brom for the last three years – not a really out-and-out attacking team.

Neither are Newcastle, but we do create chances, and if we had somebody to put the ball in the net, we’d get some better results.

Rondon scored 28 goals in 119 appearances for the Baggies.

We missed chances against Spurs in our first game and Kenedy missed a last-minute penalty on Saturday at Cardiff,

Otherwise, we’d have more than just one point and one goal from the first two games.

It’s the same problem we had last season.

This is what Rondon has said in the past about scoring goals:

“If you are a striker, the most important thing is to score goals,”

“I know my stats, and maybe they have not been really, really high, but everyone knows that I was playing at West Brom.”

“In my first season, I scored 10 goals. Maybe that didn’t make everybody really happy, but it was also difficult.”

“In my career before then, I didn’t have any red cards, and then I had a red card.”

“It was a difficult time for me because my dad had aneurysms in his brain, so it was a difficult moment for me.”

“I tried to be focused and tried to score goals, although it wasn’t enough in my opinion.”

“If you are a striker, you want to score 15, 20 goals, and it wasn’t like that, but I was happy anyway.”

We’d like to see Rondon start on Sunday but Rafa is keeping Joselu in the side and to be fair the Spaniard has had a couple of decent games so far and even scored a good goal against Spurs.

But we’d also like to see some of our new players start the game on Sunday.

It’s a tough game against Chelsea but we need the win to get our season off to a good start.

What do you think?

• Jib

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:00 AM

Ways to improve the side from that which started
    against Cardiff
    Rondon for Joselu
    Muto for Perez
    Ki for Diamé
    Fernandez for Clark
    Yedlin for Manquillo
    forced change of Murphy for Kennedy
    Has Rafa ever made 6 changes for successive league games ?

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:03 AM

Jib,
    If being a vile abusive racist homophobe was against blog rules you’d have got a life time ban. Oh, it is and you were, just convenient that you now post under a different name. My apolologgies if you weren’t Jeff from Benwell.

• Jib

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:04 AM

Jeremy Corbyn has made a proposal that they should
    publish a list of the social class of BBC employees .

What ?!?!!!!!!!

• Jib

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:08 AM

Apology accepted
    😉

• lochinvar

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:08 AM

Yer man is on a roll this morning. Don’t know what he’s smoking but it’s clearly not helping his thinking.

A windfall tax could be levied on tech giants such as Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay for public interest journalism, Jeremy Corbyn is to say.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:09 AM

That’s twice now I’ve had a go at someone blatantly ignoring Ed’s wishes to deliberately stir shite and twice Jiblets has had a go at me for it. What a truly nasty piece of work that man is.

• Jib

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:12 AM

Mark Doulas in the Chronic
    Charnley intends to revisit contract talks with Rafa before January

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:13 AM

lochinvar,
    If we are to assume these “new” Venezuela experts are the same poster, I am advised that it is none other than our resident troll carl aka………………!

• Jib

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:14 AM

Douglas even

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:15 AM

What’s the point getting Charnley to offer him a new deal, What he wants can only be given by Ashley. I doubt very much that Rafa trusts a word any of them say any more.

• Jib

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:16 AM

What a truly nathty howwid howwid piece of work that man is.
    How dare he have a pop at me – a big rough tough roustabout
    (actually an ex council plumber – but don’t tell anyone)

• catchy in norway

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:21 AM

ok its just clips and ok its just reserve team football,, but i really think Victor Fernandez is twice the player Murphy is and dont understand how Victor isnt even making the bench. the kid has ability and confidence, Murphy has no confidence, and i question his ability for this level