web analytics

Can Newcastle Keep Up Excellent Results At Home Against Chelsea?

Newcastle beat Chelsea at home 3-0 on the last match of last season to finish in 10th place in the Premier League.

In fact, we have had a good record in this fixture and in our last five meetings we have four wins and a draw.

The draw was the 2-2 draw when Steve McClaren was the manager.

Chelsea have changed managers again in the summer, and former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri has the Blues going forward and attacking teams.

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri

But they are maybe a little weak in defense, so there is some hope for Newcastle.

If we can get anything at all from this match on Sunday (4:00pm KO) it will give Newcastle a much-needed boost.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:07 AM

I haven’t checked the stats , but from memory
    Sunday afternoons tend be good for us.

• DubaiMicky

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:10 AM

You’ve not checked the stats jib?

Really?

I must say I’m unimpressed….

🙂

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Reading through the clash with Robleenio and Tynemouth I can see what Robleenio is saying and can’t get my head around where Tynemouth is taking that Robleenio is questioning Rafa’s integrity. I think it is quite the opposite. I believe he is saying that Rafa has not spoken out about the Leech owner implying that he trusts Rafa’s integrity to the extent that if anything detrimental to the club is going on then Rafa would inform the fans. I agree with him, I believe if Rafa wasn’t gonna stay or had no intentions to stay he would let us know. Firstly it ‘could’ get him sacked if that was the game he wanted to play. He has stated the summer was full of frustrations but has not cited that anyone has maliciously sabotaged transfers or incompetence is rearing it’s ugly head.

This is the first manager in a long time that I have respect for, he appears to genuinely love the club, area and fans and if he was being wronged from above he would have left by now out of principle, this statement from me is ‘lauding’ Rafa’s integrity not questioning it as Robleenio has done.

Just for debate though does anyone else not ask the question about young talent coming here. If we have not got the state of the art facilities to aid improvement and having a disjointed club at board level because of a treacherous owner why would young talent or ready made stars want to come here. It may well be more than money, with Ashley at the helm we can’t match the ambitions of highly regarded players, and with the exception of a top manager and 52k diehards every fortnight showering you with adulation what else is there to come for… Success? It isn’t like we have that in abundance in recent years, not even close to it, most players play to win things, we don’t offer that here, quite the opposite.

• Mindshaft

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:19 AM

I’m expecting a defeat but theres always hope ( might not last long once game starts though )).

Still loving this https://www.sportsredirect.com/

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:21 AM

Should clarify that I mean that Robleenio is also lauding Rafa’s integrity, not questioning it, that was a very ambivalent statement on my part… Sorry

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM

I just noticed that Joselu is just under 6’4’… I find that very surprising, he must take his Stiletto’s off when selected, he certainly doesn’t play like he’s that size!

• hibbit

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:31 AM

Lascelles

think your on the wrong Josele Lascelles

• hibbit

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:32 AM

sorry my bad got that totally wrong
    apologies

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Hibbit

The wiki page says he is 6’4′ too!!!

I can’t find any reference to his wearing off Stiletto’s though! 🙂

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Hibbit

I take it the 6’4′ is also a surprise to you?