web analytics

New Signing Made Of Right Stuff – Keen To Improve – Loves The Passion On Tyneside

29-year-old Federico Fernandez had played one game in the Championship for West Brom before he finally made a dash to Newcastle to sign for us on the last day of the transfer window two weeks ago yesterday.

We expect Federico to soon become a starter at Newcastle with Florian Lejeune out until the new year, although new signing Fabian Scar is also pushing hard for a starting place in central defense.

Fernandez has played 117 Premier League games for Swansea, so once he’s ready, Rafa will bring him into the side – perhaps at Nottingham Forest next Wednesday night in the League Cup.

Federico Fernandez – keen to improve under Rafa Benitez

This is what Fernandez has told the Chronicle today, and he is happy to be on Tyneside:

“There’s passion here. I can see that already.”

“When I first went to the stadium people were visiting and there are people that come to the training ground waiting for the players to speak to them.”

“It’s a city that is very passionate. I love to see that. It’s where I want to play my football.”

“You want that passion in every single game.” “I’m happy to sign here and be here for the season.”

“I’ll try every day to help push players and try to encourage them to improve.”

“I’ve played four years in the Premier League with Swansea.”

“I’m here to work hard every day and improve. I want to get better day by day.”

All our new signings will need to fight to get into the starting eleven, and we haven’t seen any of our seven new players start for Newcastle except for January loan signings Dubravka and Kenedy.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• G

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Phillipe Albert was a big lad too. Met him one day, had to ask him what the weather was like up there?

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Lascellss

Its deceiving and we’re being deceived.

Some are proper units and you expect them to be huge, up close and personnel it’s not always the same.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Optimistic Panda
    Aug 24, 2018 at 9:50 AM
    Jesper

I’d prefer you to ignore me

OP…that’s very easy! Done!

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Jesper

Unfortunately for the rest of the blog reading your uniformed opinions isn’t as easy to ignore.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:29 PM

So…anyone else think it’s strange someone want someone else to ignore that person and he keep on asking the person in question for attention!

Hmm…

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:32 PM

There’s quite a few people’s posts I skip over daily, unless that poster is the topic of a blog wide debate then I’ll go back and read through their posts for that day.

Reason for this is there’s several posters who are opiniated and will never change their tune despite being shown other evidence to the contrary on multiple occasions.

When you’ve been on the blog a few years you realise you’re reading the same post for the thousandth time. It’s boring not worthy of discussion and doesn’t take anything foward..

Groundhog day posters I call them..

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:32 PM

OP

Like yourself I’m 6’4′ (6’3’¾ lol) and when growing up as a big lad I always had an interest in the size of players… I’m still surprised about Sir Les, I only had the TV as to a judge a stature, given his physicality and aerial prowess I always thought him huge!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM

WTF

Proctor and Gamble are trying to copyright LOL, NBD and WTF, if they succeed then we’ll have to put TM after them every time we use them.

LOL

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:34 PM

I thought I was easy to ignore?

Why would I want attention off you?

A adult male in a pinefore isn’t my bag sugar lips

• A Pain in the Blog

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:35 PM

OP

I nearly walked into Darren Peacock once on my way into Eldon Square and I couldn’t believe the size of the man. He’s maybe not as tall as you but I’m looking at him from quite a different perspective and he just looked magnified compared to everyone around him. I gave way to him, by the way.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:36 PM

OP

Do you actually read these posts a thousand times, that really is blog dedication! 🙂

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:40 PM

I think hes one of the worst weve had. Up there with riviere and obertan

• G

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:50 PM

Just realised about this article Ed ’29-year-old Federico Fernandez had played one game in the Championship for West Brom’. I think you mean Swansea?