web analytics

Rafa Speaks About Lascelles And Their Current Working Relationship

Rafa talked during his press conference today about Jamaal Lascelles, whose partner is expecting a baby – any day now.

We doubt that Jamaal Lascelles will be in the squad for tomorrow’s game, but we will see.

Newcastle are no longer short of good center-backs after the way Fabian Schar and Federico Fernandez played on Saturday against Chelsea.

And with any luck, Florian Lejeune could return for the second half of the season.

Rafa has said he is delighted with the way the defense played on Saturday against the Blues – and they followed instructions and were unlucky not to get a draw.

Rafa Benitez and Jamaal Lascelles

Rafa tells the truth in his press conferences, and he admits that tomorrow night’s game is not exactly the most important game of the season.

This is come of what Rafa has said starting with his comments about Jamaal Lascelles:

“I spoke to him before the game at SJP and when he left the ground. I spoke to him this morning maybe 3 or 4 times because his partner’s baby is due. We are fine”

“As I always say, we will approach this game with the idea to win. But we have to use our squad. It’s another competition, and it’s different.”

“You have to find the balance between the cups and Premier League.”

“Hopefully we can progress, but we need to change players,”

“We cannot lie to our fans and pretend this is the most important game of the season.”

“We want to win. If we can win we will try, but we will make changes because we have to.”

“We want to progress, but it has to be this way”

There could have been an argument last week on the training ground between Rafa and his captain, but it doesn’t seem to have been a big deal.

But of course, the newspapers will play that up.

Rafa will give a game to some fringe players tomorrow night, but hopefully, we can still make it through.

We have one point from three games, but with a bit of luck we could have had five and been unbeaten.

Once we play some lower level teams in the PL, we must start getting those wins.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Nottingham Forest In League Cup?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:27 PM

Rafa requires passion in his players and a certain level of intelligence. Lascelles will likely have shown both if they did indeed have a ‘debate’ over tactics.

Rafa’s no fool and will have taken Lascelles to one side, sorted it out and they’ll both move on like grown-ups.

• Rob1971

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Rafa has already said Lascelles will not be involved as he is having a scan today on his ankle, Richie is also out of the game

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:55 PM

A Pain In The Blog, holy mackerel, what a fine post. Unfortunately, I fear the same deficiencies of Catchy’s that you highlighted will be the same factors that keep him braying on unthwarted.

• posada

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:58 PM

The Rumble in the Jungle.

I’ll share this memory with you for no particular reason. I did not listen to the fight. I hid away and did not want to know the result. I did not want to hear that my great hero Ali had been beaten up.
    Late in the day I had been hiding away and could not stand it any longer. My Dad worked near our home and I was able to go and see him. He knew what I was doing. With a stern look on his face he said do you want to know who won the fight. I said Yes.

I can still see his face light up with a smile as he said ALI.

I rushed to the nearest telly.
    You see only one man in the world thought he could win. That was Ali himself.

If you get the chance listen to Harry Carpenters commentary on u tube.
    Goes like this. Ali is suddenly looking very tired. So tired he can hardly lift up his arms. Oh he’s got him ! Got him with a right hand. He’s not going to make it. Oh my God he’s won the title back at 32.

Younger readers should note that 32 was considered past it then more so than now. Due to modern training, diet and sports science ? It’s not now.

• Jib

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:01 PM

Longstaff and Aarons maybe Elliot

• Rob1971

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:08 PM

Jib I don’t think Aarons can be picked as he has not been given a squad number? rumours going round he may be on his way to Rangers

• catchy in norway

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:17 PM

NO , like i have said,, i fully understand what you are all trying to say, you could have used rocky 4, it was the same thing..

Why does it have to be if someone does not like something, he has a problem? why if someone see’s something different, he has the problem, pardon the pun, its not black and white, some guys like blonds some like red heads,Track runners, 5000/10000 meters, some save energy and go for a sprint finish and some kick for home 3 laps out.

Its the same guys who said why get rid of pardew, we will only end up with Moyes or Pulis, and im meant to be the negative one 🙁

why you use the same arguments as if its only about 1 game, its like your so stupid to read what people say, you read bits and make a whole different argument based on your new narrative. only to pat yourself on the back and make yourself and your buddies from your echo chamber feel good?

IFRAFAGOESWEGO. whats that all about, dont you think you should walk before he goes, shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted seems a bit silly to me.. but alas, i think these things are lost on most of you, your all to busy having the same arguments and thoughts as you did 2y4y6y8years ago. Einstein said the definition of madness is doing the same thing but expecting a different result.. I rest my case

• catchy in norway

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:24 PM

robleenio

do you think Lascelles is intelligent. i think he is Steven taylor type of player, a nugget.

i think he proved it last year, when he thought he was so clever to say his thoughts on Zonal marking after scoring 2 goals, those dried up,, why the hell would he tell people?

• Black and white armpit

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:30 PM

A pain in the blog, great piece of writing, sadly however I think it will be lost on scratchy.

• Rob1971

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:32 PM

You can turn it round and also say if we back Rafa why are we clueless and sheep then Catchy? if we don’t agree with you why are we classed as clueless and sheep?

• Rob1971

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:36 PM

Catchy it’s because you come on here and slate Rafa continuously even after a defeat in which you said you could understand him using negative tactics, yet you come on here and then proceeded to slate him for using negative tactics, your praise of him after any victories is very scant and always with a negative in it, you mainly post on here to criticise him.

• Moonraker15

Aug 28, 2018 at 7:36 PM

Catchy
    I’ve been supporting the Toon for 60 years and Pr1cks like you who think they know everything get on my t1ts!
    Please just shut the fcuk up !
    Rafa is our only hope at the present time and needs our full support!