web analytics

Former Striker Talks About Ashley And Criticism From Shearer

We’ve been impressed with the positive things Aleksandar Mitrovic has said about Rafa and Newcastle since he left the club to join Fulham.

Mitro’s style of play just didn’t fit the way Rafa wanted Newcastle to play, with solid defending and quick counter-attacks.

So after Rafa had been on board for over two years, Mitro was eventually sold to Fulham for £22M in the summer with add-ons going up to £27M.

At the moment that looks a good deal for both clubs – but if Mitro keeps scoring, it will become a better deal for Fulham.

In his interview in the Mail, Aleksandar did mention owner Mike Ashley who has held Newcastle back for eleven years now.

The Magpie Group met last night, and they laid out their plans for the future – and they include demonstrating on Northumberland Street outside the Sports Direct store before each home game.

Aleksandar Mitrovic – after scoring against Brighton last Saturday

Mitrovic has also been criticized at times by his idol Alan Shearer, but he says his father agrees with Shearer.

So it looks like the striker has little wiggle room there and he still seems to like Alan a lot – he’s still his hero.

Mitro says he knows when he has had a poor game.

This is some of what he has said on Ashley and Shearer:

“Newcastle is a big club but they have problems with the owner.” “Everyone knows Mike Ashley.”

“They have taken large steps forward but also to go back. “I do wish them success.”

“Shearer is still my hero and it’s his job to do analysis.” “He was most of the time right, of course.”

“My father says the same. I know myself when I play bad anyway.”

“He is still a legend and I don’t think England will ever have a striker like him again.”

Some good comments there from Mitro and maybe the striker will become a big star at Fulham.

And he’s already scored four goals in four Premier League games this season after he scored 12 goals in 17 Championship games last season while on loan.

It seems this could be a big year for him in terms of scoring goals.

Good luck to him – he still seems to love Newcastle – even after the difficult time he had at the club.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:03 AM

What a shame it never worked out for him here.

• martoon

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:11 AM

Reading about the Magpie group they look very professional and well organised – I just feel they need to get a well known figurehead on board to really grab attention. I don’t think Shearer would be willing because of his media stuff but somebody like Keegan or Rob Lee etc. would make a big difference!

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:15 AM

OP…Good morning. Thanks for the info. By sign up, I presume they mean to the newsletter on the top right of the website or is there something else I’m missing (as per usual)?

Average…I tried and probably would be gone again soon (being a part timer and all), if not for the idea that you want me gone so much. Might just need to stick about now. Dammit!

• scout

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:22 AM

Anyone remember Blackpool starting well? Come back at in May

• Optimistic Panda

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:31 AM

Hibbit

That’s the one I was referring to earlier.

Ibiza

I believe so, I’m going to have a look now.

• Aces-of-Eights

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:32 AM

Some ideas i have. Protest outside sd in different towns when going away games.

Half time when players are in dress room throw your old unwanted trainers onto pitch. Ideal when game is on but i think fans dont want to disrupt players so half time break ideal or full time whistle.

Advertise with sports redirect banners in crowd

Protests outside debenhams usc flannels hof has been mentioned

Empty ground is best for tv camera or sit silently so no atmosphere for tv camera that way less matches on sky less money for ashley

All game everyone sing anti ashley song on a tv game so itd be difficult to mute out by sky and everyone hears it.

But honestly i think relegation to lge 1 will hurt his advertising and revenue more

• Aces-of-Eights

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:37 AM

Also any fashion business men on here? Start your own sports online shop to rival sd and go national. Instead of buying from sd if they come to your online shop it will hit his sd business. Mind you your products will need to be cheaper and better lol