web analytics

Rafa Knew Ashley Was Attending Palace Game – Hopes He Keeps Attending – It’s Good, Positive

It turns out that manager Rafa Benitez knew that Mike Ashley would be attending the game at Selhurst Park last week.

We assume he got to know from Lee Charnley who Ashley communicates with – hopefully on a regular basis.

Rafa has said he doesn’t have a direct line to the owner, but he gets information from Managing Director Lee Charnley, and the two of them talk regularly.

Rafa Benitez – indicating position he wants Newcastle to be in the league table

Rafa has given his press conference and several interviews today, and he was asked whether he was surprised Ashley attended the game last week:

“I was not surprised, because I knew that he was going. If the owner wants to be around, that’s positive. It has to be positive.”

“I don’t see any problem with that, because it means that he cares and is supporting the team. Hopefully. that will be the case in the next weeks and months.”

“Not really (I don’t speak directly with Ashley), but I have my communication with him through Lee Charnley. I had yesterday a conversation with Lee and we were talking about everything.”

“I’m not sure 100% (Ashley will attend tomorrow), because it depends on him.”

“But if he comes, it’s fine. Good. Positive.”

There is to be another demonstration against Mike Ashley outside the club shop before the game tomorrow.

What we are hoping is that we have a sellout crowd and can get our first win of the season tomorrow afternoon by 5:00pm.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Leicester City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Online Guy

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:24 PM

Wondering why there is not more of an outcry on the blog with the News that Ashley said he won’t be investing in the academy and bringing young players through because there is no guarantee they will make it !

Bringing youth through is the lifeblood of football , stop that and you cut off the source and kill the game as we know it. No other football club would do this.

I think Ashley has just put the final nail in his coffin ..falling on his own sword with this outrage.

And he has also issued a refusal to invest in the facilities !

To cut off investment in youth and come out and say it has shocked me .

The idiot Ashley is on a massive collision course with all Football supporters nationwide with this latest outrage.

He’s killing us , Killing us off.

• Jib

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:31 PM

Good lad Joey !!!!!
    Joey Barton has made an impassioned defence of Newcastle United
    and the city, amid criticism from Ian Abrahams and Danny Murphy.
    The pair caused a storm on TalkSport this week as they claimed the Magpies
    were not a big club, while Abrahams said they only get 50,000-plus fans at St James’ Park each game because there is nothing else to do in Newcastle.
    But Barton, who spent four years at the club, was having none of it.
    During his Fleetwood Town press conference, he told the Blackpool Gazette:
    “I fundamentally disagree with them.
    I lived in the city for four years; it is probably the best city I have lived in if I’m honest.
    I’ve lived in London, the south of France, but I absolutely adored living in Newcastle; phenomenal people, really beautiful place to live.”

• nufc 11

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:37 PM

Ashley is just counting the days down before rafa goes and he replaces him with Alan Pardew from the dole queue on a couple of hundred quid a week.

• SA Toon

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:54 PM

So, we’ve picked up a few more injuries, we haven’t won a game all season and our manager’s a twat. I don’t care. Tomorrow I go to SJP for the first time, having supported NUFC loyally for almost 50 years! To say it’s a big day for me is an understatement. I can’t actually believe it’s finally going to happen. I’ve travelled over 5,500 miles to be here and nothing’s going to spoil my day. First win of the season – I can feel it in my bones. HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

• toon22

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:47 PM

Hiya JIB

As I’ve already posted

You can complain directly to the FA about his refusal to develope the youth team

Am thinking that’s bringing the game into disrepute

It’s ALWAYS MAs fault

• toon22

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:50 PM

Maybe we could have a wip around on Saturday at the match
    See if we could get ourselves someone to cover the full backs

• toon22

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:54 PM

If you read back post from this morning I posted a link and an address to complain about the clubs stated position on the youth team etc

Don’t think the FAs going to like Ashley buying shops with the cash the club should be spending on youth,communities etc

• toon22

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:55 PM

Maybe Justin Barnes could help out ?

• magpie0722

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:47 PM

When Benitez finishes at the toon he should go into politics, cos just like MPs he never answers a question and passes his failures onto someone else (talk about teflon man)
    When you consider the players he has chased from the club and the rubbish he has brought in its mind boggling. People think of him as a world class manager, then it’s time he started proving it.

• toon22