web analytics

Injured Defender Doing Extremely Well – Could Be Fit In January

Florian Lejeune seems to be making excellent progress in his rehabilitation from the ACL knee injury he suffered in training in August,

He has been recovering in Rome, but now he is almost ready to return to Newcastle and have the Newcastle medical team continue with his rehabilitation.

He’s expected to return Newcastle sometime this month, and Rafa has said maybe as early as next week.

Florian Lejeune doing rehabilitation in Rome

Florian has been giving regular updates on his Instagram account about how he’s been doing.

And yesterday morning he had this to say about his recovery:

“Hello everyone, my recovery is on schedule,” h

“It will take a little more patience before I come back onto the field but I am working very hard to get as quickly and strong as possible.”

“Thank you for all your messages.”

Rafa Benitez has been following his recovery closely and yesterday he had this to say about his center-back:

“He is getting better – you have his Instagram!”

“He will come back maybe in one week He’s doing his rehab in Rome, special facilities.”

It’s so far so good for Florian with his rehabilitation going extremely)well, and there have been no setbacks so far.

That being the case he could be ready to return to training within four months which could be early next year.

Rafa has said we have missed Florian’ s influence at the back at Newcastle so it would be excellent if the Frenchman can return to the side sometime in January.

It’s also terrific that fans are sending him regular messages to keep his spirits up.

That’s also very important.

• Toon Tang

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:45 AM

New Signing?

• RonVanDam

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:52 AM

Looking at our squad and recent signings, it looks like Rafa had a list of players he wanted to get, based on our F All budget, he ended up with 4th 5th and 6th priority option players in the areas be wanted to strengthen

• Optimistic Panda

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:58 AM

No smoke without fire, doh.

No smell of bull5hit without bull5hit.

We may need a military coup from the toon army to oust Ashley and his merry men.

Once more into the breach…

• RonVanDam

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:04 AM

The best parting gift Rafa could leave us with is to relegate the club and hit MA where it hurts.
    Unlike Sunderland where it took double relegation to prompt a sale and rectify the club, for Newcastle, getting promoted right back to the PL won’t be ideal if MA doesn’t sell. It feels like 2-3 seasons in the Championship will force MA to sell. I hope for the sake of the club and community this happens soon rather than later

• Bambams

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:12 AM

It’s catch 22

If we manage to survive this season I can’t see Ash selling – prize is too good.

If we are relegated Ash will still want an exaggerated fee and because we are in the lower league not as much an attractive club to buy – Ash throws £40 million and we are promoted again.

Vicious Circle

Hopefully I am wrong

• ashleysmate

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:36 AM

Maybe premature to say Kenyon can’t raise funds? I’m sure with his experience he wouldn’t have wanted it made public unless he thought he had a good chance to do something?
    We live in hope

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Nobody believes the selling lie
    It’s exactly the same lie as last year
    The only difference is the pretend buyer and the curry

I’m guessing they arnt going for a PR stunt curry

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Let’s blame Rafa for MAs greed

• lochinvar

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:47 AM

Optimistic@3
    A military coup.
    Hadn’t thought of that.
    Could be the answer.
    Maybe along the lines of “Kelly’s Heroes”or should that be “Keegan’s Heroes”

Think of what Rafa could do with Ashley’s gold in the Transfer Window

• c-dog

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:49 AM

Agreed. A ruse to either:
    1. Generate publicity for SD
    2. Bring potential buyers out of the woodwork
    3. Designed as a smokescreen to without January transfer funds

I think 2. Is most probable. The way they talk about commercial revenue streams potential really does make it appear as though they’re trying to convince other potential buyers that this club can make you money. There’s no need for this to be in the media other than the fact that somebody wanted it in the media.

• ilovetoon8788

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:56 AM

All nonsense. No one is buying us with us looking like relegation fodders.

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Bambams, I saw Neil Redfearne’s appointment as U23s coach, it’s an interesting one.

If it’s Rafa pushing it (most likely scenario), it suggests the long-term health and wellbeing of the club is still important to him. An obvious positive.

If it’s Ashley pushing it (less likely) then the cynical part of me says he looks a shoe-in as caretaker should anything happen with Rafa

• Oldgit1

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Surely the best time to buy us was straight after the end of last season when we finished 10th, we had something to build on.
    I agree that takeover talks are bs, it’s the wrong time with us being in a relegation battle.

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:09 AM

so Kenyon is pretending to be interested in us just to do Ashley a favour? Ashley undoubtedly wants to sell us. We bring him nothing but ballache. The amount of money NUFC generate is peanuts to him. The £300m asking price is 100m less than last year’s asking price. I’d say he’d take £275m maybe even £250m. By my reckoning if he sells he will also pocket the £40m-£80m surplus from this year’s dealings against his loan. If he can’t sell, or believes he can’t, he will use that for transfers in January. Basically he will decide what to do with that surplus depending on any offers.

• Bambams

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Robleenio

Agree mate, unfortunately I worry it’s more likely the latter suggestion you make – wonder why I/we often think it’s the negative option all the time.

Mind you it does not look like Beardsley is coming back….

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:12 AM

The Kenyon story is mutually beneficial

MA gets his pretend buyer,Kenyon gets his PR to keep him relevant in football

Same lie,same time of year for exactly the same reason as last year

Utter BS

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Very difficult to sell the club for the money the owner wants when it has the whiff of relegation about it, so can’t see a sale before January. We really needed a better start than we’ve had to bring on any real prospect of a sale.

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:13 AM

Mike, I agree – there’s no way Kenyon would allow his name to be linked with this if it’s all BS. Unless Ashley is holding something over him, but it’s hard to see what it would be.

I don’t see any shared interests between Ashley and Kenyon whatsoever. If Kenyon had interests in property or retail, then I could see why he may want to do Ashley a favour but he doesn’t as far as I can see.

I think this is credible, but it’s early stages and could go away at any time.

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:13 AM

Wheres Staverly

Didnt she say the bid was on the table?

Well…

Its because MAs not selling

Its never MAs fault

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Redfearns appointment – does that mean curtains for Beardsley

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:15 AM

You cant sell the club when the owner has no interest in selling it

Its the same lie weve had for the last decade

How much longer are people going to believe the exact same lie ffs

Hes not selling,just like all the other times he pretended

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Yep, Bambams I would say that Beardsley’s NUFC ship has most definitely sailed with this appointment if it hadn’t done so already.

I do wish his situation would be clarified though – it does my head in the way this regime treats our heroes

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:18 AM

some career Neil Redfearn. 20 clubs he played for, plus numerous others managed or coached at. over 1000 competitive games. I remember him being quite good for Barnsley. Had him in my dreamteam if i remember correctly.

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:22 AM

frog,
    how much longer you going to say the exact same thing?

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:26 AM

toon22, we’re not a bunch of morons, we do know the implications around the sale and that it could be a lie. We are still allowed to think and speculate and debate and consider possibilities.

You shouting us down every time we speculate is f**king annoying and completely against the purpose of the blog.

Give it a rest will you?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:32 AM

I think for sure he’d sell “at his price” and meeting “his conditions” and his parsimony is all about this as well as making sure the club has the funds to get back if it is relegated, without him having to bale us out. I agree though he’ll keep the club rather than sell for less than what he estimates it is worth to him. Wouldn’t be sweating on a sale in this case. The guy isn’t going to speculate. I think that is the reality of his ownership. All the fans can do is keep voicing their unhappiness. I’m sure we’d all just prefer it if Ashley would disappear, but he won’t.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:50 AM

Ritchie complaining about being hooked is interesting. He didn’t have a great game, simple as that. Atsu didn’t either, but at least he tried to go past his man, and once or twice did and looked dangerous. The side didn’t work hard enough, nor move the ball around the pitch fast enough. Too tight I suppose, but you won’t get anything from an epl contest playing like that, and Ritchie was no better than anyone else in this regard.

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:54 AM

Nicky, I think Ritchie should take it as a compliment. Rafa wouldn’t hook him every match unless he wanted to make sure he could play in 95% of matches this season. He should see it as Rafa protecting his star asset, even if we don’t think he’s hit top form yet this season.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:00 PM

I like Ritchie, but if he’s a star asset, I’m a monkey’s uncle. He’s a solid pro at this level, an asset for sure, but we have better players than him on the books, even if we do have a limited squad. As the season progresses I think Murphy will gradually become first choice on one flank along with Kenedy on the other.

• Jib

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:02 PM

toon22
    Nobody believes the selling lie

You don’t speak for everyone

• martoon

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:29 PM

It may sound strange but negotiating a price with Ashley may not be the biggest obstacle! I believe extracting Ashley from NUFC may be more difficult to negotiate – he’ll probably want a deal to keep the free advertising for so many years then there is the Club Shop being a SD store. Plus I believe the catering firm is owned by Mash holdings and then of course there is the land behind the Gallowgate which mysteriously seems to have changed ownership. I believe he has also has taken ownership of the trademark rights of NUFC and there are probably other things that I’m not aware of!

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:32 PM

martoon, you’re right and I think it was probably the PCP insistence on some of these things being changed, rather than the actual sale price, which got up Ashley’s nose.

MASH Holdings even own the club crest, as far as I’m aware. We can let them keep it and design a new one I guess, but it’s hardly the point.

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:38 PM

More of the usual from MA

Sports Direct, which is controlled by the tycoon Mike Ashley, has dismissed the former directors and senior management of House of Fraser, less than two months after buying the department store group from its administrators.

or

Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley has launched a fresh attack on “greedy landlords” who refuse to accept his ­demands on renegotiated House of Fraser leases.

HOR getting some proper MA management

The guys a cancer to everything he touches

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:39 PM

Its never MAs fault

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:40 PM

Hiya JIB

Justin Barnes

Owns a PR firm

• toon22

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:40 PM

HOR = HOF

• martoon

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:46 PM

RobLeenio & Nicky the ball tosser – a few days ago I said I thought it was the right call substituting Ritchie for Murphy despite boos from the crowd. Although nobody covered themselves in glory I thought Atsu had a couple of runs and the cross for Diame’s header whereas Ritchie had done nothing!

• RobLeenio

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:59 PM

Yeah, I probably overstated it with the ‘star asset’ thing but the point remains – Rafa sees him as a key member of the team, he’d like him to play for the vast majority of our games and to do that he’ll have to be rested via substitution.

Ritchie should see it as a positive IMO, and also work hard to improve his own form.