web analytics

Kenedy – I’m Happy At Newcastle – I Promise To Give My Best

Newcastle on loan winger Kenedy has given an extensive interview in the November edition of the FourFourTwo magazine.

And one of the things he has talked about are his tiny socks and shin pads, and it’s something that makes the Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez laugh every time he sees them.

Kenedy hasn’t made a great start to the season and Newcastle have also been in a slump with only 2 points from our first 7 league games.

But we hope there is much better to come from Newcastle and from Kenedy himself, as the season progresses and it still has a long way to go.

Kenedy – with small socks – in action at Cardiff City

This is what Kenedy has said about his mini-socks:

“I like them! It’s as if I’m wearing normal socks, you know?”

“They make me feel lighter and are so comfortable. On the pitch, I almost feel like I’m levitating. But other people do find it weird, I admit. None of them realise it’s their socks that are a bit weird, not mine!

“My team-mates often look at me and can’t believe how I wear them. I do worry about injuries, but I wouldn’t say it’s more dangerous because of my tiny socks.”

“Rafa’s never said anything about that – he just looks at the socks and laughs.”

“It’s always difficult for any player not playing every week, that’s for sure, and I’m no different.”

“I was living the dream when I arrived at Chelsea, you know? A youngster coming over from Brazil and getting to play in some huge stadiums with so many great players on my team, not to mention the opposition.”

“In the first year I learned a lot about English football, on and off the pitch.”

“As for the future, I have a contract at Chelsea and it would be nice to get another opportunity there, but for now I prefer to enjoy the moment.”

“I’m happy at Newcastle and can only promise to give my best here. Then we’ll see what happens.”

Kenedy played 13 times for us last season and has so far played 7 games this season for a total of 20 appearances so far for Newcastle.

Depending on how the 22-year-old plays this season could decide if Rafa tries to sign him permanently next summer.

• Rob1971

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Bruce sacked so there is one option for Ashley when rafa goes, he is available for nowt and he will jump at the chance of working here

• RobLeenio

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Kenedy does himself no favours with this chat about wanting another chance at Chelsea. I know he has to give them lip service, but it doesn’t go down well with certain of our fans.

• Bambams

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Rob1971

I had the pleasure of presenting an evening ‘In Safe Hands’ for charity a couple of years ago with Steve Harper and my old mucker Kevin Carr.

Harps was a cracking fella and in his opinion he thought Steve Bruce was one of the best managers (he might of even said best – can’t remember) he had worked for. Reckoned his tactical knowledge and man management was excellent.

He stated Bruce would be ideal for Newcastle and he still supported our club (Bruce).

• RobLeenio

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Ashley’s even now getting a hard time off NBC in the USA. Great to see, I think he’s targeting expansion in the States, he won’t want negative publicity over there.

• Mag :P

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM

If you’ve already read this sorry in advance…

Repost:

“The only game so far this season that we were favourites for was the Cardiff game that we should have won.

The rest we were underdogs. Why is that? Surely not because we continue to make a profit during rafas entire tenure here during the transfer windows? He was allowed more expensive signings when we were in the championship and guess what? We came up as champions.

A lack of spending is the main reason our squad is how it is, can’t blame rafa for attempting to create a Premier league standard team with peanuts to spend. Yes he sold mitrovic but that was obviously done because he was surplus to requirements under his system and was thus needed for the money. But hold on, was rafa given all of the mitro money on transfers? Hmmm.

I’m never going to want Rafa out unless he has been given a chance to compete after a transfer window, rather then this awful challenge he has at maintaining our Premier league status by the skin of our teeth.

Not fair for a manager of his calabre, or for the fans of this huge club, we deserve more then a money grabbing thief like Ashley.”

• RobLeenio

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM

Bambams – are you Steve Bruce?

😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:54 PM

See that Rafa’s still wearing his shorts.

• Bambams

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:55 PM

Robleenio

You have rumbled me….Just finishing off this cabbage for my dinner and will get back to you !

Haha

• Rob1971

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:55 PM

Bambam that’s fineand no doubt Bruce is a lovely fella but as a manager I want him nowhere near the club.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:01 PM

Lascelles need to throw a few right hands his way. And another one to diame, and another to Perez, Ritchie, joselu… in fact line the squad up for lascelles to smack. Did the job last season!

• Bambams

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Rob1971

Mate I am unsure what he would be like, I know he has never hit the heights and I am not sure what style of footy he even plays.

I would have preferred him to a few managers we have had during our illustrious leaders reign.

Cheers fella

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Ronaldo I’ll send him a Kipper.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM

My sauces tell me one of the interested parties that reached out to Peter Kenyon is none other than Randy Lerner! Sauce also says he wants Steve Bruce to be manager as he knows him previously at a club who’s name I forget.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:18 PM

Oh a kipper. That’ll suffice as a motivational tool!

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:22 PM

FYI. The other interested party is Ellis Short. Says he has unfinished business in the north east.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Ronaldo it is if you are versed in the ancient ways of Kipper Foo>

• RobLeenio

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Randy Lerner – wasn’t there a news story about him and a teacher on a plane back from Africa?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:24 PM

Randy Lerner and Ellis Short, now I am getting excited.

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:39 PM

Doug Ellis pilloch

• Binney

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:43 PM

Ever wondered what we’ve done to deserve Mike Ashley?

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:44 PM

Sorry Bill that was directed at Ronaldo A

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:49 PM

Why am I a ‘pilloch’ and what about Doug Ellis?

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:52 PM

How can you not excited for Randy Lerner and Ellis Short!

• Belfast

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:54 PM

I’ve been expecting that sacking for weeks.
    It proves yet again that having one of the best squads on paper means absolutely nothing in that division.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:57 PM

You might like this jib
    Then again you might not

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:57 PM

Ha ha ha
    nice one

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:02 PM

Lol 😉

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:08 PM

Sobering thought
    Aston to West Kirby 98 miles

SJP to West Kirby 182 miles

• toon22

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM

If MA couldn’t manage to sell to the People who bought City who is going to prise his advert from his cold dead fingers ?

He’s no interest in selling us,it’s a lie

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:24 PM

Neymar demolishing Red Star Belgrade single-handed

• toon22

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:25 PM

It’s the reason I’m nobody’s interested

They know he’s not interested in selling and have no interest in being used as a PR stunt by him

Again

• toon22

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:26 PM

Our best hope is HMRC

He can’t hide from them forever

LoL

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:28 PM

toon22
    shoot soz pal
    I was talking footy there
    footy on a footy blog what a twat I am

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:45 PM

Stay off the sauce guys!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:55 PM

toon22 If HMRC were to punish him in some way, it’s doubtful that’ll be enough to prise his grasp away from the Toon, even he he were jailed he’d still own the club and his minions would continue to run it as he dictates.

I’m still hoping for an outright sale to a sports minded billionaire.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Jib

Yeah you should know better, go and stand in the corner! 🙂

• posada

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Things seem to be stacking up for Mike Ashley.
    He and his associates do business like the Chuckle Brothers.
    Remember he said to the Stock Broker – get the price of SD over £8 and I will give you £15M. It goes to £8 so he asked for his money. Oh, I didnt mean it I was p****d. That’s why I threw up in the fire place. Then he gives Jimenez 3M, but niether are sure why. Have they never heard of contracts.

These people are supposed to be our business leaders.
    If they were the only folks to suffer it would not matter.

However, our club was created by the city and it’s supporters. They don’t deserve Ashley.
    H of F has thousands of employees, suppliers and pensioners.
    Likewise Debenhams.
    Likewise Sports Direct, where the MPs enquiry described working conditions as Victorian.

When are people going to get some rights instead of business and corporations.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:09 PM

Not sure which match to watch, Spurs v Barca or Napoli v Liverpool. I’m leaning to Napoli Liverpool.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:09 PM

posada

So long as there are politicians and political parties of any type, never!

• Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:14 PM

PSG 4 RS Belgrade 0
    when Angel di Maria scores against you
    you know you are screwed

1 2 3 5