web analytics

Rafa To Defy History Books With A United Newcastle – And Then Stay At The Club

According to the records we looked up this is Newcastle’s worst start to a league season ever – after ten games played.

And clubs that have not won in the first 10 league games of a Premier League season have been relegated – there are six of them.

But Rafa Benitez believes he can save Newcastle, and when you look at our current situation, it’s nothing that a couple of wins cannot get us out of.

Newcastle are two points out of 4th bottom place, and we have a better goal difference than the bottom six sides so we could easily be out of the relegation zone with a couple of wins.

But that’s what’s been so difficult this season, and we have seven defeats in ten games and no wins.

Rafa Benitez – we still need more than 10 wins to survive

But five of those losses are to top six clubs.

So in five games against the other clubs, we have three draws and two defeats.

That needs to improve, and in our next 10 games before the end of this year, we play 9 clubs outside of the top six.

Only Liverpool away on Boxing day is against another top six club, after facing five of them in our first eight games.

Rafa still feels he can save Newcastle and our next attempt at winning a game is at home to Watford on Saturday.

This is what he has said in the Chronicle today about our fans:

“They know we are in a difficult position but we will do our best to do well.”

“We are not talking about what happened 10 years ago.” “We are talking about what happened six months ago.”

“Last season in January we were in the bottom five and we did well at the end because we signed the right players in the January window.

“We won the games we needed to win and we were quite strong at the end of the season.”

“We were safe with five games to play.” “We have to have the confidence we can do it this year and we can it again.”

“I appreciate that they support me.” “But it has to be me and the team together.”

“That is the key.” “I will be involved in every game so if I can win games it means the team is winning.”

“So we have to be sure we are United.” “That is the main thing.”

If Rafa can create another escape act this season and we are still in the Premier League in May, it wouldn’t surprise us if he signs a new deal to stay at Newcastle even if Mike Ashley is still the owner.

• Geordie-john

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:35 PM

He needs a magic wand !! And a bit of 4 x 2 to give Fat lad a crack across the back of his heed

• mactoon

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:41 PM

“we did well at the end because we signed the right players in the January window”

We signed Dubravka, Kenedy and Slimani (Who did nothing due to injury)

We have the same players with the exception of Slimani who has been replaced by Rondon (who has done nothing due to… you get where I’m going with that!) And we are in the bottom three with big problems scoring goals.

Maybe Rafa’s statement is for Ashley to tell him we need the right players in in January to survive but I can’t see Ashley releasing the funds needed to get a quality striker. He will be worried that we will have to play new players premiership wages while we play in the championship. I fear his inability to see the bigger picture could be our downfall.. again.

• Bambams

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:42 PM

Stavely was not backed by MBS as I was told by another source sometime ago but by Sheikh Mansours cousin Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan (horse racing)

I have been told other stuff that I cannot share on here, I have messaged a few on here privately so they know – if a little gets hinted at by other sources then I will then add more.

Just don’t want sources identified.

I am trying to think about anything ‘positive’ I can share…..THERE IS NOTHING

NOTHING

• simon376

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Bambams
    Do you think/heard any chance of her coming back in for us?

• Bambams

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Simon

Who knows what could happen in the future…..

AARHHH

• Bambams

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:05 PM

I don’t believe Kenyon is putting together a package to buy….

I can think of no other reason someone may have released this info given Ash is so SECRETIVE

• hibbit

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Bambams
    is it still Gulf related info ?????????

• Bambams

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:10 PM

Hibbit

I got told the wrong Shekh last year…..These sources WOULD know and I believe them.

This info has not come from the ‘Gulf’

Loads of youngins getting released because the club will no longer pay transport costs (under 18) and City have snapped up a kid, they were so desperate to get him they have employed both his parents And he has moved over to Manchester living in a club house !

• Munster Mag

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Rafa saving us? With all due respect he is partly to blame. He has better players than previously and they are doing worse as a collective. We can hardly mount an attack of quality and are fixated with defensive shape. He has to get the players confidence up at home especially and guys like Kennedy and perez need to help Rafa too.

• mactoon

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:36 PM

Not that I will ever get any but how would I know if anyone had sent me a private message?