web analytics

This Courageous Defender Gets The Thumbs Up From Rafa

After we had talked about Ciaran Clark being the odd one out of our five center-backs, and that he could be sold in January, Ciaran came roaring back with an excellent performance on Monday night in the 2-1 win at Burnley.

He was also made captain for the night and scored Newcastle’s second goal from a great set play; Ciaran headed home in style from a right-wing cross following a corner.

It was his best game of the season as several of Newcastle’s players are finding their top form during our three-game winning streak.

Ciaran Clark scores at Turf Moor

Rafa played three center-backs on Monday night in a 5-4-1 defensive formation, and that makes three wins out of three games in November for our very talented manager.

This is what Rafa said about Ciaran after the game:

“I think he did well. The three center-backs had to adapt to two strong strikers, and after they put more big lads on the pitch.”

“I think they did really well. For someone who was not playing – to play at the level he played, I’m really pleased with him.”

Ciaran was also left out of the Republic of Ireland squad in the last International break, so he has responded very well to that.

We’ll have to wait and see if Ciaran plays on Saturday against West Ham at home but Paul Dummett is unlikely to be ft for the game and Rafa is likely to play the same starting eleven.

That’s even if the boss goes back to his more familiar 4-2-3-1 formation against the Hammers with Ciaran at left-back.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• magscar

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:05 AM

REPOST

hibbit

Ok you may have just popped on Blog and left after psoting so I will give you the benefit of doubt.

As it seems that your comment was aimed at me as one who has been asking a perfectly resaonable question of Toon22 (by no means to be construed by any balanced poster as “frog bashing” ) to try and elucidate who is actually being paid to infiltrate this Blog that we enjoy i will say thisas I have to get on.

I have no “mates” on here ( unlike several others who meet off Blog as they can ) nor do I endorse anyone .

I don’t think there are any posters with whom i have a totally shared viewed of all things NUFC but there are of course some where I feel more often closely aligned at times

I speak as I find on here and will chat to most as I see fit

Whilst we have sometimes seen eye to eye over the years I think we rarely chat ( probably not your cup of tea) but you are I summise around my age, a long term Toon supporter and a man of intelligence from many of your posts and I do expect better from you than a snide comment

If you want to have a go at me please do but do me the courtesy of mentioning me as is reasonable and don’t be surprised when I come back to you as is my wont.

I like FREE speech and don’t endorse being paid for it on here ( apart from ED of course)

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:07 AM

For the record I don’t think any of the regulars are paid shills, Jane’s posts suggests she could maybe work for the club and Lee Marshall quite possibly, just my opinion but then I’m not even sure jane is a real poster.

• hibbit

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:07 AM

ib

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Magsacar
    Hibbit’s one of the cowardly ones
    He releases a barbed comment then
    disappears.
    This time he’s trying to say you are
    a Catchy in Norway supporter and
    have some kind of agenda.
    I think this is why the Ashley out
    fanatics are doomed to failure
    There’s an element of snide nastiness
    in their dealings with “normal” supporters
    that folk pick up on.

jib you’ve got some neck on you calling anyone a coward with your history

• magscar

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:08 AM

Jib

Last thread

Couldn’t work out if he meant me ( but I seemd toi fit the “2” ??!! nor who I was endorsing and how??

Catchy, Jesper, Uncle Tom Cobley -??

He is better (or ought to be ) than some of his posts.

• Jib

Paul Dummett …….Nowt
    Jamie Sterry………. Nowt

Hell of a squad of defenders for under £36M

The only real dropped bollock Achraf Lazaar

• martoon

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM

Jib @5 – I’m not so keen on Manquillo or Hayden as a defender but I get your point!

• hibbit

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM

magscar
    sorry for the late reply dogs wanted out

i wasn’t actual pointing the finger at you and maybe i should have been more direct with names, but you do seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the frog 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM

Jiblets,
    For the record I’m not a “dial watcher”. I’m not sure why you treat those that do with such disdain, they are production techs, who will all, with age and experience become senior techs and get paid an absolute fortune.
    I’m not sure if someone who reportedly went to the region’s best public schools and on to university only to end up driving night shift taxis and putting up satellite dishes should be frowning on what other people do for a living.

• magscar

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:20 AM

hibbit

Thanks.

No bee and I think I have adequately explained my reasoning both about the shill nonsense and my approach to the Blog in general so as Jail might say won’t bore you and others futher 😉

• toon22