web analytics

Report Rafa To Be Given Financial Support Next Month

The Chronicle is reporting today that Rafa Benitez has been promised financial backing in the upcoming January transfer window whether or not Mike Ashley has managed to sell the club by then.

They report that Rafa – whose contract runs out at the end of June – has been given assurances that new players will arrive next month.

We really hope that turns out to be true and the club could start the transfer momentum by agreeing to a deal to sign Miguel Almiron from Atlanta United.

It’s understood that Rafa wants four new players brought in next month and there is news filtering through on who those players could be.

This is a critical transfer window for Newcastle United if we want to keep Rafa Benitez as the manager past next June.

Rafa (shown above) has worked hard with his recruitment team under Steve Nickson and has a backup list of loan targets from Europe in case the manager doesn’t get the money to sign the players he wants in January.

That is essentially what happened last January, and goalkeeper Martin Dubravka and Chelsea winger Kenedy were brought in on loan and were enough to turn the tide for Newcastle.

And amazingly we finished in 10th place – with very little investment coming from Mike Ashley.

If we do have new owners in the summer, we are hoping that everything will change and that Rafa will be able to buy some quality players and maybe sell some players who will no longer be needed.

That’s the hope.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

I screwed up the center-back poll by having Schar in twice – sorry – please vote again – you have two choices.

I am having a bad day.

Would You Bring In Rose As Free Agent Or Willems On Season Loan This Summer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:32 PM

Chelski’s B team includes Morata, Fabregas, Christensen, Barkley and Zappacosta.

We can but dream.

• Binney

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Is it an American consortium Bambams? How much are they worth?

• Binney

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Ron Knee, maybe those days could be on the horizon for us…

• Shoulders knees

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:36 PM

Scott
    It sure is the hope that kills you.

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:39 PM

Tsunki

Well slack jawed Blabbermouth wasn’t a good thing to be on the receiving end of from you for one instance.

However I am willing to kiss and make up with no hard feelings .. Shake ?

Good luck.

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:39 PM

Binney

Yes, then you wake up!

• Tsunki

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM

The awful thought that everyone splashing their crackers over this takeover speculation and creating wish lists of players and projecting champions League glory could all be infusing much needed life blood of humour in the cro-magnons of Wearside does cross the mind. If this all goes sloppy again they will be all over us like lice on a dog. I hope this takeover is real or this blog will probably have to be renamed Eds Mag Mugs Blog. 😐

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Binney

Honestly I do not know who it is, I only know what I am told.

It is very sensitive for the person talking to me.

When I do find out it may be difficult to name initially but will try and give something if I can.

I hoped things were further on but I will share this ‘It’s complicated ‘

Believe or don’t believe but I am still happy.

But I think it ‘could’ be three or even four weeks – can’t say anymore I am sorry

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:47 PM

RobLeenio,
    There have been various people talking about a sale since the Kenyon link was revealed, OLG, apart from being in the same room as Janis Joplin when she died, being Jimmy Nail’s neighbour and shopping companion to Jamaal Lascelles has never provided any ITK info on here, it would be a massive, like huge coincidence if he just happened to know the person involved in the sale of the club, someone who has never been involved before. I lost huge faith in the ITK’s when Dubai Mickey told us to take with a pinch of salt Rafa signing a new deal on Friday, he might have done and Dubai Mickey would have milked that for life. He didn’t and Dubai Mickey just said, hey don’t shoot the messenger, he was at it again the other day with the SD corporate boxes nonsense.

• Tsunki

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:48 PM

Slack jawed blabbermouth ha ha where was that online? It does sound a bit like me but I’d have to see why i posted that if i did – please link.

• scott

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:57 PM

Robleenio

Yeah I know Online had posted info 3 days before info went public but if you remember the guys last year got dates of announcements spot on a few times!

So my brain won’t allow me to get overly excited about that as it did last year!?

• Pottsclock

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:57 PM

This time it’s not just gossip. I have it on good authority. A close friend I know – whose name I cannot reveal at the moment – has just come back from meeting someone who us instrumental in making it happen. My friend services his his personal flying transport.
    I can confirm categorically that Christmas is indeed happening this year.

• Tsunki

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM

So “blabbermouth” constitutes “vile abuse” in your estimation, Online? Wow. Macrame night at the Gun Inn could turn into a bloodbath 😀

• hibbit

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:59 PM

last year i honestly believed a deal to buy the club had been done and the only thing left to do was the signing , since then a lot of the press have confirmed a deal was in fact in place till Ashley’s moved the goalpost at the last minute making the deal unworkable for PCP

i know a lot on here find it hard to believe but the information was genuine from a very honest reliable source, PCP carried out a forensic due diligence at a massive cost to themselves £250k and were happy and ready to go forward with the deal,

i have no information on this new deal what so ever and even if i had i wouldn’t share it,after the abuse i got from certain posters.
    i do however believe that Peter Kenyon interest is genuine and that he’s now being used as a pawn in Ashley’s game and that this whole thing now has all the hallmarks of another classic Ashley manoeuvre culminating in another disappointing Fakeover instigate by Ashley to suit his own ends !!!!!

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:59 PM

The support Rafa is getting is a nice black and white man bra in his Christmas stocking from Mikey…

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM

Jail

I am not an ITK at all, I share what I am told in good faith.

Anybody can share what they hear stood at a bus stop or what they overhear in a bar.

Without outing my profession I only share if it is safe and won’t cause the person who told me any grief. But most importantly I will only share important matters ‘If I know the source, or if a friend is telling me what they have been told – I must trust the friend ‘

I am a fan of a number of years and I can’t wait for him to sell up.

I wish I could tell you lot what I have been told but I can’t, you just have to accept this.

None of what I have been told is about who they are, how wealthy, Rafas future, possible targets. I have no knowledge and this source wouldn’t know either.

But I am happy about what I have heard, I am a devoted Toon fan and we just need to be patient.

Respect

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:00 PM

It not only lifts, it separates as well….

• SPRINGY

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:01 PM

Bambam
    Any news u,online guy or anyone else for that matter brings to the blog should all be taking with a pinch of salt…but thats not a snipe at u’s we all know what shifty snydy sod the tub of goo is,so he could easily shift goal posts,up the price or whatever to screw with us ir the deal just coz he doesn’t like the colour of his f**kin shirt or something trivial like that…we all read what u’s put on and make our own minds on what to believe or not,keep it comin…if nowt it keeps things sort of interesting although bloody frustrating!!Lol

• hibbit

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM

Pottsclock
    would that be Santa’s reindeer herdsman ??????????????

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:04 PM

I’m in the know now. Here’s the latest: we’re not getting Almiron. We’re not getting four top players. In fact we’re getting Shefki Kuqi on loan and possibly Leon Best as well. In fact with the purchase of the man bra the war chest is nearly empty.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:05 PM

I still respect you Bambams…Harrumph…

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM

Latest on the sale: we now have 7 potential buyers. However 6 of them are directly related to Mikey…

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:14 PM

Bambams,
    For the record that post of mine was not directed at you or hibbit in any way shape or form, you have been passing on little bits for a good while now and I’ve no reason to doubt you, hibbit comes across as a genuine person and I’ve no doubt the info he was passing on was in good faith.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:15 PM

And btw, ITK isn’t an insult or put down it is just someone in the know.

• toon22

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:15 PM

Fakeover

Lmfao. 10/10 LoL

It’s the same lie as last year with a pretend player hoyed in

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM

I don’t understand this criticism of Ashley. Surely we can all get behind his ambition to be the fourth worst team in the PL.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM

There was a steward on a rig I was on about four years ago, not the brightest of blokes, he read the Daily Star and would take whatever was written in its back pages about us as gospel, he would come in and say ”I see we’re signing so and so”
    ”I think it’s just a daft rumour Kev”
    ”Nah man, it’s in the paper”
    If I was to put on here what Kev the steward told me but take it with a pinch of salt that wouldn’t exactly be cricket would it now!

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:23 PM

Toon22

We have had banter fella and at times you have me convinced about certain posters on here.

But this time I cannot see how he can stop this, we know ashLIE and as said earlier he is a snide of a man.

But he is making a lot of money in this deal and I for one believe it will happen.

Cheers fella

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Jail

It’s like I said earlier, if it’s something important I will only share it if I am happy about where it came from.

95% will doubt it, I have no problem with that and I suppose after last year when I was told MBS was a backer for Stavely (which was incorrect it was actually Mansour cousin ) and no takeover happened.

This is the world we live in where often reports are made and taken in good faith.

I know this source and have done 23 years – I am happy.

Cheers fella

• lesh

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Where did the money go? Seems Ashley offered to lend £40m to Debenhams. Glad he’s had his priorities right.

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM

Right off out for taxi duties…Mrs Bambams Christmas do

Cheers

• lesh

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM

Bambams

There’s a limit to what you can pass on but some don’t appreciate the need for your discretion. Your sources have passed on little bits in good faith and are, like you aware of the risks attached to dong so. Keep your counsel – and your fingers crossed.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:36 PM

Bambams

95% will doubt it

They’ll be happy to be proved wrong though

• scott

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:37 PM

Hibbit

I for one genuinely believe what you shirebrooke,etc shared was the facts at the time the only part I took with a pinch of salt was when anyone said it’s a “done deal” (but that’s just me) I know it’s never a done deal until the deals done!

Iv been reading this blog for a couple of years but never posted anything as I couldn’t be bothered to get myself into any of the squabbling that some posters seem to enjoy!

So I would like to now genuinely thank the guys who last year shared the info they were given & suffered the abuse because of it! Thanks

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:41 PM

All Shirebrook ever posted was just copied off what hibbit had posted an hour earlier, hibbit would say, there’s a meeting later on this week and we should hear something then, Shirebrook would appear an hour later saying ”hibbit, did your source say there’d be a meeting later on this week and we’ll hear something then as well?”

• Mag52

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:47 PM

One week before Christmas, Mike Ashley says Debenhams is in crisis. He offers them a £40m. Loan. They reject it.
    The fat vulture is circling another high street big beast in the hope of picking them up on the cheap ( with NUFC 10th.place finish pl money).

• DubaiMicky

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:50 PM

Hey jail

“Bambams,
    For the record that post of mine was not directed at you or hibbit in any way shape or form”

Yep it was directed at me, but hey, I have broad shoulders. I do wish you’d spell my name correctly though gaol.

This blog really shows a microcosm of the NUFC fanbase. Sadly we’re anything but United, petty little jealousies abound. It makes you wonder what sort of a person could truly unite the fan base, I’m sure I couldn’t because as soon as the results go against the team the fans are on the back of the same players who they hailed as gods just a few weeks previously.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM

I’m very happy about the prospect of getting Leon Best back. If his name was Leon Mediocre it wouldn’t be nearly as impactful… and I think we can actually afford him!

• Essex Geordie Bill