web analytics

Report Rafa To Be Given Financial Support Next Month

The Chronicle is reporting today that Rafa Benitez has been promised financial backing in the upcoming January transfer window whether or not Mike Ashley has managed to sell the club by then.

They report that Rafa – whose contract runs out at the end of June – has been given assurances that new players will arrive next month.

We really hope that turns out to be true and the club could start the transfer momentum by agreeing to a deal to sign Miguel Almiron from Atlanta United.

It’s understood that Rafa wants four new players brought in next month and there is news filtering through on who those players could be.

This is a critical transfer window for Newcastle United if we want to keep Rafa Benitez as the manager past next June.

Rafa (shown above) has worked hard with his recruitment team under Steve Nickson and has a backup list of loan targets from Europe in case the manager doesn’t get the money to sign the players he wants in January.

That is essentially what happened last January, and goalkeeper Martin Dubravka and Chelsea winger Kenedy were brought in on loan and were enough to turn the tide for Newcastle.

And amazingly we finished in 10th place – with very little investment coming from Mike Ashley.

If we do have new owners in the summer, we are hoping that everything will change and that Rafa will be able to buy some quality players and maybe sell some players who will no longer be needed.

That’s the hope.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

I screwed up the center-back poll by having Schar in twice – sorry – please vote again – you have two choices.

I am having a bad day.

Would You Bring In Rose As Free Agent Or Willems On Season Loan This Summer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Even though Perez has scored recently I’m not hailing him as a god yet. He’s possibly a minor super hero at this point. Another goal before Crimbo however and that all changes!

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:57 PM

Does anyone else sense that it will be a two way race between Perez and Rondon for TGS this season? I could see it getting pretty wild. We may be talking about 6 or 7 goals each!

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:58 PM

And no, I’m not leaving out Mutomutomutomuto!!! He looks good for a tleast 3!

• TomaKaThor

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:59 PM

I Remember bambam saying similar stuff last year about bla bla things happening and he couldn’t reveal his source, basically similar stuff to what he’s saying this year, and…nothing ever happened.

Not saying he is lying, just pointING out nothing happened so not getting excited, still happy to hear any news people may hear. 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM

How aboot Perezinho as a nickname for wor Ayoze?

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:03 PM

I’m very excited with what I’m hearing Thor. Things are very stable. We have wor stable genius as owner. He has a stable underthing, wor Chutney to run things and we have top, top players to keep us above 18th place. It’s all very cozy for the hols.

• RobLeenio

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Jail, I know you have a deep respect for Sparky55 who sadly no longer seems to post. I’m pretty sure he was convinced that something was going on last year also.

Incidentals which seem to be unconnected from the club are coming together now. Ashley’s shenanigans today are aimed at destabilising Debanhams. Why? He wants to buy it, via Sports Direct.

He can only really inject that kind of money into Sports Direct if he owns that company outright, so first he has to buy Sports Direct.

That’s a lot of outlay. Where else is he going to get that kind of cash?

Ashley moved the goalposts last year and intentionally insulted the buyers with his timewaster comment to Sky Sports so they wouldn’t come back. No idea what his motivation was, but maybe the property deal he was looking at fell through and he was just lashing out at those he felt caused the delay.

He could move the goalposts this time too, but while this Debenhams deal is possible, why would he?

• scott

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:06 PM

Jail

I’m fairly sure shirebrooke twice give some info & said the day it would be announced & was correct! 1st was that a bid was in then something in the details! I may be remembering this wrong though?

• Just a fan

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:16 PM

Jail at 49
    So you can do humour.very good lol.

• Just a fan

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:22 PM

Geordie two
    Leave Leon best alone I used to like him lol

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:22 PM

I don’t know why people are so dead set on Ashley selling up. I believe he has set up the kind of organization with us that can dominate the bottom of the Prem and the top of the Champo for years to come! I mean what do you lot want from him? The man is clearly trying very, very hard!

• RobLeenio

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:23 PM

pottsclock, cheers mate. Any aircraft registration numbers we should be tracking as they soar across the heavens?

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:24 PM

And I respect you fro that Justafan! That man was very good for us. And he can still be good!

• toonluvva

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:26 PM

So our beloved owner is contemplating giving Rafa a massive horde of chocolate gold coins he found in House of Fraser.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:27 PM

Ok, here’s what I’m getting. I have planted a bug in Ashley’s underpants so I will just connect us all now…. zzzz…. zzzzzt….zzz…Blmph? Greasy? More money zzzzt…. Come on now….bbbvvvvt.. give me a number……

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:29 PM

I think we can all agree that the negotiations are going well…

• Jib

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:30 PM

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:32 PM

Does anybody have anything more than that?

• Pottsclock

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:34 PM

If anyone spots SANTA1 at the airport, we know its deffo on

• chicousa

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:38 PM

EGBill @33
    Nah, mate, my days of sneaking into restaurants through the grease vent in order to burglarize it are way behind me! Ahhhh, good times though they were… 😉

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:46 PM

any one else getting pop up virus alerts – obv spoof / malware?

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:47 PM

Poster boys at it again.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:53 PM

and more from the bug: “Aieeee! mmmmmommy! No! I’m not selling for that no matter how hard you squeeze my plums! zzzzt….

• Jib

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:56 PM

Loads of sites saying an announcement tomorrow

• Jib

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:58 PM

Of course there’s this kind of stuff as well

Breaking news: I’ve just seen Miguel Almiron at the Newcastle
    christmas market. He was sharing a disappointing mulled wine
    with Peter Kenyon and a mysterious investor in a stetson

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:03 PM

Donald Guerrier – great name.

• Jib

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:07 PM

Actually
    Wilde-Donald Guerrier

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Even better!

• Westmidstoon

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM

Steve Wraith on twatter reckons he has info from someone who says the takeover is a load of bollyaricks

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM

TomaKaThor

‘ Not saying he is lying ‘ Aye you are but I have broad shoulders …

‘But still happy to hear any news people hear ‘…..mmm

I will continue to share fella, what I hear, like I said last year I stated the backer was MBS as that was the name my source thought his bro in law heard.

As it happens it was the wrong name, but it was Middle East and who knows what would of happened had Ash not moved the goal posts for Stavely.

Cheers for the craic.

• Jib

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM

He was born in Haiti in
    Port au Piment
    which means Pepper Port

• Jib

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:12 PM

non?

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:13 PM

Hibbit @54
    This is what’s making my head ache, I think there’s only a 50%chance of a takeover… BUT… and this is the part I don’t get, Kenyon is a very successful /experienced sports consultant, I just don’t get he is nieve enough to be used like that…. Or maybe its me being nieve..

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Si.

• jazzyp

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:22 PM

Nicolas Tagliafico of Ajax, Paris Saint-Germain’s Stanley N’Soki and Real Betis star Junior Firpo are all high on his list of defensive targets, while the Magpies have been tracking new MLS champions Atlanta United’s £25m midfielder Miguel Almiron for some time
    Mikey has told me today he has had enough of the bitch slapping on here from the regular posters and is gonna prove a point to all you neggars who doubt him “Frog boy”

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:24 PM

Westmidtoon,
    The wifi is down here and I can’t get on twatter without my phone, have you got a link for that?

• RobLeenio

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:26 PM

Ashleysmate – if you’re struggling to make the facts fit the way you’re thinking, maybe you should reassess the way you think and use the facts to come to a different conclusion.

Just a thought, presented with respect.

• Just a fan

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:27 PM

Jib
    Leave Geordie two alone he caught a trout

• RobLeenio

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:29 PM

Jib, any links to the sites you mention talking about an announcement tomorrow?

There were rumours of a Friday announcement last week, too.

• Just a fan