web analytics

Report Rafa To Be Given Financial Support Next Month

The Chronicle is reporting today that Rafa Benitez has been promised financial backing in the upcoming January transfer window whether or not Mike Ashley has managed to sell the club by then.

They report that Rafa – whose contract runs out at the end of June – has been given assurances that new players will arrive next month.

We really hope that turns out to be true and the club could start the transfer momentum by agreeing to a deal to sign Miguel Almiron from Atlanta United.

It’s understood that Rafa wants four new players brought in next month and there is news filtering through on who those players could be.

This is a critical transfer window for Newcastle United if we want to keep Rafa Benitez as the manager past next June.

Rafa (shown above) has worked hard with his recruitment team under Steve Nickson and has a backup list of loan targets from Europe in case the manager doesn’t get the money to sign the players he wants in January.

That is essentially what happened last January, and goalkeeper Martin Dubravka and Chelsea winger Kenedy were brought in on loan and were enough to turn the tide for Newcastle.

And amazingly we finished in 10th place – with very little investment coming from Mike Ashley.

If we do have new owners in the summer, we are hoping that everything will change and that Rafa will be able to buy some quality players and maybe sell some players who will no longer be needed.

That’s the hope.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

I screwed up the center-back poll by having Schar in twice – sorry – please vote again – you have two choices.

I am having a bad day.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• GeordieTwo

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:33 PM

I was thinking of doing a bit of trouser magic as well OP? Are you sure you want that Christmas Display window all day?

• Belfast

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:37 PM

He’s probably just losing his marbles.
    All those films he appears in. All those books he writes. All those fights he promotes. All those evenings with (insert name).

It’s bound to take it’s toll.

• jazzyp

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:39 PM

Shirebrook

Are you trying to say you had no prior knowledge of a looming takeover last year from the Staveley camp. And that the truth be told you just copied and pasted transcripts from a fellow blogger on here???

FAKE NEWS

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:40 PM

Jazzy

Think i must have been hacked ra ra

• Belfast

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:40 PM

He’s came a long way from his fake funeral days.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:40 PM

G2

I think a thong would be appropriate this time of year

• dig-n-dig22

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:41 PM

Jib 104

If the announcement “is” what we hope it is, are you doing the honours and telling the frog to “HOP IT”

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:44 PM

Starting to feel a bit sorry for Jonjo Shelvey. I know he’s injured at the mo, but he’s been out of the 11 for a while and how many better players do we actually have? I can count the contenders on one hand with one or two digits to spare. Diame seemed to play in a more advanced role centre left last match, with Ki holding. If we can set up like that then there must be a way to get the pair in the same starting side.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:46 PM

centre right

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:47 PM

on the left side of the telly. 😉

• NY Mag

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM

Robleenio,

I know how you like snippets of information, so though I would share this

BTW, I don’t believe this is related to the takeover in any way….but
    the moral of the story is that if you look hard enough, and believe that there is
    something to find, then the chances are that you will find something to believe!!

you know how I like to do ‘research projects’ – so I decided to download the entire contents of
    companies house database and sift through it to see if I could find anything interesting.

there’s about 100K companies incorporated in the UK each month,so I took the last three months.
    I stared filtering down based on company names related to NUFC (newcastle, st james, magpies etc..etc..)
    or company directors that were any of the usual suspects (kenyon, staveley etc..etc..)

I managed to get it down to about 20 companies, which I then looked into in detail to see if any
    of the directors were verifiable rich.

I ended up with one match :-

Newcastle Ventures LTD
    incorporated on 28th Sep 2018
    sole director – Kenneth Lin (name didn’t mean anything to me at the time)

turns out this guy is the founder and CEO of Credit Karma (headquartered in San Francisco – the Gulfstream V connection)

earlier this year a venture capital company pumped $500 million into his company, but not the usual deal whereby the VC puts in money in exchange for ‘new’ shares that they can then sell when the company goes public and make a killing.
    this time they bought ordinary shares from existing shareholders (of which he is the largest)
    so it’s fairly safe to assume that he got a big chunk of that $500M.
    there is also a strong rumor that he is getting ready for an IPO, in which case he will become a
    billionaire overnight.

Anyway……..no concrete connection to NUFC at all
    but thought I’d share since I like a good conspiracy theory!!

• yorkymag

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:06 PM

NY
    Too much time on your hands !!
    Ooh I do love a nice conspiracy

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:11 PM

Jazzy@145
    Thought his contact told him it was all bollocks?
    Someone needs to make up their mind

• simon376

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:14 PM

Good work NYMag

• NY Mag

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:15 PM

Yorky,

you’re right……it was a pretty sad thing to do really

🙂

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:18 PM

Nicky@158
    Exactly, but the idiot just cannot fathom that out… any long term plans are blurred by his I want it now money grabbing scams

• yorkymag

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:22 PM

NY
    I do hope you are right
    This ken lin …
    he looks like one seriously impressive guy
    43 and worth £5 bn
    The boy done good me thinks

• jane

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:33 PM

“NEWCASTLE VENTURES LTD

Registered office address
    C/O Legalinx Limited One, Fetter Lane, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 1BR”

registered in London?

• Bambams

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:34 PM

NY MAG

That’s excellent work fella, hopefully you are onto something.

• RobLeenio

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:40 PM

LOL NY Mag, that is astounding dedication to the cause

“I decided to download the entire contents of companies house database and sift through it to see if I could find anything interesting”

That is the kind of activity which set a person apart as either a genius or a lunatic. 😉

Seriously, very interesting, especially with the rumour of Chinese involvement in one of the bids. All the companies linked so far seem to be finance houses, this is a company in a related field, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

Newcastle Ventures Ltd – hard to think why a guy in California would need a company related to any Newcastle anywhere in the World. He has no other UK companies, no other connection to the UK that I can see until he suddenly set up a company in September.

Intriguing….

• NY Mag

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Jane

That’s just a correspondence address (probably some legal firm)
    The incorporation document lists an address in San Francisco

• NY Mag

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:42 PM

Rob,

Probably lunatic more than genius

😀

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:47 PM

I’ve had enough for now, will sink one more glass of Bushmills then off to kip… Hoping for some constructive news soon…

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:08 PM

News now quotes. Ashley confident of new year deal and Kenyon legal team cancelled all Xmas time off

• RobLeenio

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:29 PM

Wow, can you imagine just having to cancel all your holiday? I hope they’re on good bonuses….

• ashleysmate

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:42 PM

Rob, don’t know if this is bullshit or not… I’ve noticed this last week, one day we’re up, next day we’re down and fighting amongst ourselves, I’ll be glad when it’s all over

• RobLeenio

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:06 AM

ashleysmate, I know what you mean. I think Ashley has stressed us all out for 11 years, one thing after another. Can’t wait to get back to just enjoying the footy.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:13 AM

……………….Dubravka.
    Schar.Lascelles.Fernandez.Dummett.
    ………………Diame.Ki.
    Perez………..Muto………Kenedy.
    …………………Rondon.

That’s my team for Huddersfield, although you’d suspect Rafa will likely go for Manquillo, Ritchie and Atsu, instead of Schar, Muto and Kenedy, I beg to differ though Senor Benitez, much as I love you.

Make it so, and while you’re about it, when Lejeune and Shelvey are fit, you can bung them in there too for good measure, in place of Lascelles and Diame, who can cool their heels on the bench, to observe how it should be done..

• toon22

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:27 AM

Nobody believes the fakeover

LoL

• NY Mag

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:55 AM

toon22,

Whilst I agree with you that probably only a minority of fans believe…..
    The vast majority of fans want to believe…..

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:30 AM

I think we have two days to sort this if we want new owners for the 1st of January. Neither Ashley or Kenyon etc will want this to rumble through January as no signings will increase the likelihood of the club going down and their investment nose-diving in value. My guess is Ashley has or will set a deadline, after that he will spend to protect his investment, and tell Kenyon etc to come back in the summer when he’s recouped his spend from TV money – unless of course they want to give him the extra for any signings. If that is the way it’s done, the new owners will want to make sure they are given credit for the new players.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:33 AM

Nicky,
    I think and hope Dummett will return. Rafa usually makes them sit out the first game following an injury, and I think he was fit for the Wolves game. It’s crazy how much we miss Dummett because he isn’t exactly world class – just miles better than our backups.

• Veltman

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:08 AM

@NY Mag – were you attempted to have a go at Robleenio earlier? I am in a curiosity and despite couple of minor issues, he is one of the gents though to be fair.If you shoot down everyone of those people, we will be left with cockroachs and pests.And you don’t want that to happen do you?

• chicousa

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:11 AM

On the takeover….

“The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part“

— Tom Petty

😀

• chicousa

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:22 AM

Veltman,
    Yep, pretty sure that RobLeenio and NY Mag hate each other and are constantly going at each other’s throats! It is even worse than Tsunki vs Belfast! Such a shame…. 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:23 AM

And the weirdest poster of the year award is awarded to (sounds of envelope opening)…… Veltman 😀

• toon22

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:52 AM

He’s no intention of selling the club

• Binney

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM

@warrenbarton2 any truth kenyon and rockafella are taking over #NUFC thought u would be more in the know since u are stateside. Warren Barton’s reply – “Yes???”

• DubaiMicky

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:35 AM

Love this stat.

Mike Ashley owns about 327,552,000 shares in Sports Direct.
    The share price on 18th July 2018 was 436.10p, worth £1,428,454,272 to Ashley.
    Today’s share price is 235.40p, worth £771,057,408 to Ashley.
    The value of his shares has reduced by £657 million in 21 weeks.

c/o @ifrafagoeswego

• lochinvar

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:51 AM

chicousa@194
    Good start to the day
    Saw Tom at Hyde Park last year before he left us. Awesome. Stevie Nics turned up as well.
    Guy next to me in the crowd was from his home town of Gainesville and had never seen Tom and the Heartbreakers so really was amazed as we all were that day, stunning gig.