web analytics

New Signing Happier Now At This Fantastic Club

Fabian Schar had to wait until November to get his chance in the side when captain Jamaal Lascelles was injured and had to come off at home to Watford.

Fabian came on and played exceptionally well in defense in our 1-0 win – the first of the season.

We then went onto to win three in a row and have now won four of our last seven games in the league.

Over the last few weeks, Schar has shown his vast experience and seems to have quickly adapted to the Premier League.

He can quickly set up attacks from defense and on Saturday at Huddersfield, he put a terrific ball through on the right wing to Perez.

The quick breakaway move ended with Rondon scoring the winning goal.

Fabian Schar – in action at Burnley

Schar is also an excellent defender and his partnership with Federico Fernandez has looked impressive when they have played together.

This is what Schar has said in the Chronicle today:

“Now I’m a little bit happier than two months ago.”

“It’s always good when you get opportunities to play, and I’ve had a few games in the last weeks.”

“If I can play, and also the team was winning some games then great. I really like to play with my team-mates for this fantastic club.”

“The fans give us big support. I’m pleased to be on the pitch helping the team. I try to do the same every week.”

“I tried to play my game. For the free-kick (Schar shot from the halfway line) I saw the keeper was a little bit far from his own goal, so I tried.”

“I didn’t think it was too far away.”

“At the end, the goal was a fantastic play. That’s the three points, and I’m really happy for that.”

Federico Fernandez was back in training yesterday having recovered from the calf injury he picked up against Wolves.

It will be interesting to see what defense Rafa plays on Saturday at home to Fulham.

One thing is certain – we picked up two excellent center-backs for just £9M in the summer.

Fernandez and Schar look like two talented and experienced acquisitions for us.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:31 AM

I wonder what Rafa had to say about that shot from the halfway line? It was a good piece of innovation, but a low-percentage play.

If it had come off, it’s one of those that would have been beamed round the World. Not really sure why they get all the attention, though – I’d expect most professional footballers to be able to at least get the ball on target from the halfway line, I guess the trick is in getting it high enough to clear the retreating keeper and not have it go over the bar.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:45 AM

Are we done yet with the fakeover? I’ll say again, the biggest mistake is the calling off of the boycott. Ashley must be laughing at the daftness.

No takeover is happening and rinse and repeat at the next Christmas too. Lol.

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:52 AM

The media is tearing it’s hair out over the lack
    of info about the takeover – Ashley was clearly
    ticked off last winter by Staveley’s drip feeding
    of info to the media and the warning has gone
    out to all parties this time to stay schtum.

• crawfordm

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:56 AM

#2 agree completely the non take over. Ashley is making an utter laughing stock out of the club and the area. Why dont the press ( inc Sky Sports ) pick up on this now and chase him and find out why he is doing this. How many times is he selling, how many times is he going to back the manager etc etc etc. I have never in my 62 years on this planet known so much negativity surrounding the whole running of this club, and lets include the material condition of the stadium and training ground. Man Utd stating their club needs an overhaul ?? Come up here guys and see how much a man can destroy a club and the supporters. Unfortunately we are weak sheep and will attend no matter what. Ashley knows this and Ashley will not go. He is king of the hill !!!!

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:03 AM

crawfordm
    Nonsense – his interview is there for all to see
    He couldn’t have stressed more forcefully that
    a January takeover was unlikely.
    He tried to sell last winter (Staveley admitted
    as much to George Caulkin) and he’s doing
    the same this winter.

The hand-wringing whining cry-babies really
    do ones head in.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:07 AM

Jib

Will you be throwing your toys out of your pram again, like you did last year when the club didn’t sell.

• BenbulbenMag

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:13 AM

I guess we’ll see when we see.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Lot of folk with itchy trigger fingers at present. Instead of moaning and whining about the fakeover/takeover happening or not. Try changing the topic and talk about the squad and the upcoming game against Fulham.

Will Rafa stick with 3 at the back or not. Will Fernandez be fit enough for this game. Will Perez ever pick his head up when he’s running with the ball etc etc.

Will Mitro either score or be sent off?

• magpie6699

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:16 AM

8788. You really think the boycott achieved anything – a few hundred fans arriving in time to see us go 1-0 down? And what would it achieve if there was a better response? The team demoralised while Ashley couldn’t give the proverbial! I’ll say it again – all Ashley cares about is MONEY! And the money is there from TV, season ticket sales etc.
    I hate Ashley as much as anyone and I’m pessimistic about this sale but not turning up to see the team I’ve supported for 50 years makes no sense. Do I want to seer my team relegated? No. Do I want to see the money I’ve forked out on a season ticket wasted? No.
    If you think that boycotting will get Ashley to reduce the price of the club to 50 quid and a sausage roll then you are deluded. Protests – fine – but I for one will not join a boycott.

• BenbulbenMag

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:17 AM

We have an absolutely horrible run of matches after Fulham so we need to make this one count. On the Flip side from the 11th Feb onwards we have an extended decent run in to the end

• Bambams

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Shirebrook

Fulham will not be an easy game for one main reason…Mitro.

He will be determined to show Rafa he can score goals, also he will get a good reception from our fans which will make him feel 10 feet tall.

That youngin sessegnon always plays well against us as well.

Hope Fernandez is fit, so impressed by him.

Early shout though …2- 1 Toon

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:28 AM

Sessegnon has been injured, there’s a chance he’ll face us but he’ll not be match fit. Hopefully we can handle him.

Mitro is a big concern, but he’s likely to do something daft through trying too hard. He’ll either run himself to a standstill by the 60th minute or get sent off. I hope he stays on the pitch and scores a consolation late goal in a 3-1 victory for us.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:31 AM

Jib,
    Like most bullshitters you have an annoying habit of stating stuff you have made up as FACT, you don’t know that word went out to keep schtum and if it did they haven’t listened if OLG is to be believed.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:32 AM

Last year we had a buyer who performed due diligence and made an offer. IMO the various ITKs info, came from people involved in this process possibly people involved with the club aware of these processes. We also had the KBA stories putting a dampener on the situation: still a way to go/doesn’t have the money/tyre kicker/I’ll only sell to someone who will take the club forward.
    This new story smacks of KBA, the buyers haven’t shown they have the money (ie the buyers haven’t shown they have the purchasing funds plus Mikey’s figure for taking the club forward). And Ashley wants less than people think (ha,ha,ha). Combine this with MiniMike’s TV appearance spouting the Mike’s done great for the club and Will only sell to someone who will take the club forward. This all has a familiar ring to it.
    I don’t doubt there are buyers, who have proven funds to meet the purchase price, that due diligence has been carried out by at least one party. The big question is: DOES ASHLEY TRUELY WISH TO SELL???
    There are many reasons why now would be a good time for him, although we had some good ones last year. This year has the Rafa situation to.
    I am more hopeful of a sale this year than last, and like to think that these stories are just Ashley enjoying his last opportunity to play with the minds of us supporters. And the joy for him is nufc pay him to do this PR.
    I expect more hope dampening stories in the chronic to come.
    We all jump on stories that support our agenda, and certainly there is a split between the the hopeful and sceptical camps. But there is no need for sniping and bitching, surely (very naive of me).
    There’s always been bitching and fighting on here and a little can be amusing and entertaining, but after a while it just becomes boring I suggest Kasper makes a ‘fight room’ where folk can go to continue their bitchfest and others who wish can join them.

• Bambams

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:41 AM

Chancel #14

Respect fella, spot on.

• Lindisfarne

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:43 AM

There is very little similarity between Fulham and Ranieris Leicester, only perhaps the agile winger. He will presumably have to focus on stopping conceding at the expense of a goal threat.

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:46 AM

Chancel @14 – Excellent post – I think you’ve summed up the situation in a calm, well thought out post.

• ToonRich

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Has MA already set off on his xmas holidays…usually about now he’s off to america for a few weeks!

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Toon Rich,
    I hope he’s flying from Gatwick.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:56 AM

Chancel,
    If there was a separate fight room the blog as we know it would die.

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:58 AM

my question is …

how would these so called people in the press reporters ect know whats going on … as any person looking at the books have signed a NDA … data room what ever you wanna call it … the know nowt they just put crap on to fill empty spaces in their newspapers … they know as much as us … nowt

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:02 AM

Chancel, good post – except your assertion that the recent headlines have a stinking Bishop feel to them.

Honestly, I think every sports hack in the country is furtively scratching round desperate for an angle on this story. Having not found one, they’re inventing them.

We haven’t heard anything from the Times, the Guardian and the Telegraph reporters. Why? They don’t have the pressure to fill column inches with empty words and click-bait headlines.

The hacks are not being helped by the fact that the bidders are serious and based in the USA, where their networks are presumably less effective than those in the UK.

I think one specific redeeming feature of this takeover is that in the past, Ashley has had his minions deliver the ‘news’ and ‘updates’, invented as no doubt many were. This time, despite the fact the Toon Army was in open revolt against him already, he has attached his own chubby face to the sale.

If anything goes wrong or fails to materialise this time, there is only one person to blame – why would he do that so publicly if he was not sincere?

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:05 AM

Thanks Bambams and Martin

Jail, good point (laughy emoji)

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:05 AM

Martoon

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:14 AM

ronleenio …

thats what i said mate ( not in so many words though ) lmfao…

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:16 AM

lol, geordietom I pressed the trigger before I checked anyone else’s posts – but yeah I think you summed it up nicely.

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:19 AM

another question … not about football who likes sprouts …. trying to lighten the blog up bit … me yea i eat them …

• yorkymag

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM

I have no idea what is going on
    But it is interesting that no other news stream has picked Nixon’s thread up
    I hope that suggests ,he is rouge, trying to fill space by guessing
    He may of course be correct
    We will see soon I guess ,but Ashleys usually friendly press are silent
    I am taking that as a positive

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:22 AM

I enjoy sprouts. My missus doesn’t like me when I eat them
    😳

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:24 AM

No news because there’s no story

#fakeover

• crawfordm

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:25 AM

JIB – i usually ignore your pointless aggressive posts to anyone who disagrees with you , however true to form you feel the need to have a dig.
    You have had 30 seconds of my time only because you replied to my post. You will spouting
    the same drivel in the summer when Ashley is still here.
    I will leave you to stare into your shaving mirror and continue your argument with yourself – you are an irrelevant human being.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:26 AM

Rob, you could be right, he may have just made it up. But for me it is very pro Ashley (if he’s playing games again) Ashley wants less than people think/buyers haven’t proven funds. At the same time Wise comes out and says Mike’s done great and will only sell to someone who’ll pump money into the club. Just smells of KBA to me.
    Just to clarify I do believe proof of funds has taken place. Proof of the purchase price. IMO this story is talking about purchase price + 500Million (or whatever Ashley deems enough to take the club forward). I think journalists make stuff up less than we think. Most of the bull is given to them from others pushing an agenda. Eg KBA in this instance, football agents are responsible for most of the transfer crap IMO.
    To make stuff up takes creativity……Lee Ryder……..I rest my case.

• yorkymag

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:26 AM

There is a story
    Ashley introduced that with his sky interview
    Hence my interpretation that silence from the fat controller and his signal men is good news
    Possibly over positbut that my preferred approach

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:27 AM

robleenio …

i dont like my wife when she eats sprouts…

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM

joking a side …

i’am looking forward to our cup game on the 5th jan …

they are using V.A.R. in that game which is on at 5-30 … has SKY got the fa cup games or is it BT …

• hibbit

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:36 AM

yorkymag

because we all have such a deep seated mistrust of ashLIE given his past history,
    even articles like the one Nixon’s put up only serves to inflame the mistrust we all have of ashLIE.

that’s a very fair point that no other news source has picked up on it

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:40 AM

geordietom @35 – FA cup games are shown jointly on BT & the BBC however ours is on neither but is later because of world broadcasting (go figure!). However I’m sure there will be plenty of links if it is being broadcast live.

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:45 AM

martoon …

cheers mate i’ll get that match as i’ve got kodi shhh …

not missed a league match yet …

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:52 AM

hibbit, I wonder if your contacts who were feeding you snippets over the Staveley / PCP interest ever told you what exactly happened to end that interest?

Obviously we saw what was played out in public, but I wonder if you had any info from outside the public glare?

I understand why you didn’t share at the time, given the cr@p that was being directed in your direction. I wonder if you could share that now, if you know, so that we can try to understand what could potentially go wrong with the new bids?

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:53 AM

geordietom – no problem – I forgot to mention I love sprouts – eat them all year, not just Xmas. :mrgreen:

1 2 3 5