web analytics

New Signing Happier Now At This Fantastic Club

Fabian Schar had to wait until November to get his chance in the side when captain Jamaal Lascelles was injured and had to come off at home to Watford.

Fabian came on and played exceptionally well in defense in our 1-0 win – the first of the season.

We then went onto to win three in a row and have now won four of our last seven games in the league.

Over the last few weeks, Schar has shown his vast experience and seems to have quickly adapted to the Premier League.

He can quickly set up attacks from defense and on Saturday at Huddersfield, he put a terrific ball through on the right wing to Perez.

The quick breakaway move ended with Rondon scoring the winning goal.

Fabian Schar – in action at Burnley

Schar is also an excellent defender and his partnership with Federico Fernandez has looked impressive when they have played together.

This is what Schar has said in the Chronicle today:

“Now I’m a little bit happier than two months ago.”

“It’s always good when you get opportunities to play, and I’ve had a few games in the last weeks.”

“If I can play, and also the team was winning some games then great. I really like to play with my team-mates for this fantastic club.”

“The fans give us big support. I’m pleased to be on the pitch helping the team. I try to do the same every week.”

“I tried to play my game. For the free-kick (Schar shot from the halfway line) I saw the keeper was a little bit far from his own goal, so I tried.”

“I didn’t think it was too far away.”

“At the end, the goal was a fantastic play. That’s the three points, and I’m really happy for that.”

Federico Fernandez was back in training yesterday having recovered from the calf injury he picked up against Wolves.

It will be interesting to see what defense Rafa plays on Saturday at home to Fulham.

One thing is certain – we picked up two excellent center-backs for just £9M in the summer.

Fernandez and Schar look like two talented and experienced acquisitions for us.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Tom
    Blackpool vs Arsenal in the FA cup is on
    at the same time as ours and BT has opted
    for that

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM

RobLeenio @39 – Also, I never really understood what the Curry House incident was all about. Were they meeting to try and thrash out a deal face to face OR was it just a publicity stunt by Stavely as Ashley seemed to imply?

• DubaiMicky

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM

I don’t like my (ex) wife, regardless of the sprouts.

• DaveD1000

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:57 AM

I steal the wife’s sprouts off her plate

• DubaiMicky

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Just noticed the Ashley Out lot hung a poster outside his house last night.

Well played, surprised it took them so long to do it.

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM

Dubai

Are there any pictures of that mate?

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM

martoon, yep there is a lot in that story which we haven’t heard yet. The likes of hibbit, sparky55 and shirebrook toon were treated really poorly during that period (and still are to an extent) and could potentially have enlightened us so much more.

sparky55 hasn’t posted for months, as far as I know. Sad really.

• geordietom

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:03 AM

off shopping wth the missus …

yep you got it to get some sprouts … be back later … hopefully to some good news

jib cheers for the info mate …

be good be safe …

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:04 AM

Regards the stawberry land, I found it interesting that both blackcloud and OLG mention this in their last snippets. Assuming they are both genuine and not the same person of course.
    I suspect negotiations are ongoing with this and other aspects such as SD signage/club shop etc and going by Ashley’s image as a hardnosed negotiator, this may take some time and is the point where Ashley can throw a spanner or two in the deal if it is his intention not to sell.
    Time will tell.

• Lindisfarne

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Tick tock

• hibbit

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:06 AM

RobLeenio

sorry mate all i know i said at the time ,* ashLIE moved the goalposts*

re the curry house

Staverly and Desmond were there at Ashley’s invitation which i believe was part of Ashley’s exit plan.

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:07 AM

Not commented for a while – for the record I hate sprouts ! Tough game against Fulham hope we are not the first team to fail to score past them – can see it being 1-0 or 0-1 Big Ron or Big Mitro

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:10 AM

As for the take over – I will remain sceptical until I see a new owner and scalf aloft and Mikes Helicoptor heading ooot

• DaveD1000

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Schar’s birthday acc to twitter

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Whoever said no news is good news never waited for Ashlie to sell the club..

This waiting lark is pants…

If you’re a ITK spill the beans FFS

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Sprouts are splendid, and most delicious roasted. As is beetroot, surprisingly. Both a must for a bountiful Christmas table.

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Like of sparky made comments with a full degree of certainty and definitive dates. They took the positivity around their positing well before anything came to fruition. When it fell asunder they couldn’t take the negativity as well as they took the positivity. Fair play to hibbit/Dubai for riding the storm. But as far the like of sparky are concerned, classic school girl mentality disappearing in a strop because he took some flack. I assume he’s a grown man but I have my doubts.

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Optimistic Panda, wait, what? So, you’re… not….ITK????

Dreams, crushed…

😮

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Cheers hibbit, much appreciated, especially when it’s probably going to attract some derision from certain quarters.

I remember the Ashley moving the goalposts snippet, never knew if there was anything else you knew but didn’t say.

Didn’t know it had been confirmed that Staveley was there at the curry house on Ashley’s invitation.

Didn’t some Toon fan get kicked out of that self-same curry house recently after approaching Ashley and suggesting he hoped he would choke on his Korma?

• DubaiMicky

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:19 AM

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Rob

I get all my info from Elvis down the chippy, extremely reliable apart from he doesn’t know the difference between a cheese savoury and a fish cake.

Nobody’s perfect though

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Unfortunately Mikey and Keith have no friends, so the chances of any ITK info coming from their side is very slim indeed.

• DubaiMicky

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:21 AM

London Magpies seem to be a lot better prepared than TMG.

This is the St. Pauls branch of ShiteDirect yesterday https://ibb.co/GxZ8SCt

• Shadow_Shearer

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Fellow toon fans, i know we are waiting around everyday for the big news/announcement and its killing us that we haven’t heard anything.

We must be patient, we will only find out in January, even worse Feb if it doesn’t happen.

There’s no point in stressing over if its going to happen today, how about tomorrow, ok maybe Saturday, hopefully sunday. Put yourselfs in the mind frame of by late January we will know.

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Dubai

Ho ho ho

Howay in a manger..

Bet he didn’t like that

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM

OP Does Elvis order cheesy chips? He could be a Mackem on a wind up.

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Have to say it’s hard to keep on posting with all that testosterone flying about – I assume we all have at leat 1 thing in common but it’s hard to tell at times

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Chance

Hed be all shook up if I called him a,mackem

• DubaiMicky

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:25 AM

I think this is a great idea.

Sending Christmas cards to ashLIE’s closest business partners and friends.

• yorkymag

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM

Chancel
    Unfortunately he has lots of friends
    My mum had a saying
    “Show me your friends and il show you the man”
    Never more accurate in this case !!!

• toon22

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM

It’s hilarious the fakeover didn’t last till Christmas
    It’s going to leave MA very short of lies this year

He’s no intention of selling

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Guess people only interact if you’re abusing each other – oh well ! Post again in a few months as heading up for the first time this season for the Huddersfield game

• toon22

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:30 AM

Suppose he’s just have to use the usual pretend bids on players we have no intention of buying
    Just like usual

• yorkymag

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Toon22
    You are a prat
    Whatever the outcome it is not the hilarious in any way at all

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Blaydon-Toon, great to see bladeuser/bladey gone legit

• toon22

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:32 AM

Have you noticed the pretend bid for that MLS players dryed up
    They were actually expecting us paying money for him

LoL

• ashleysmate

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:32 AM

Dubai @60+63
    The links are excellent. Cheers

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:38 AM

C-dog I know what you’re trying to suggest but I have been around this blog for a long time and under the same account/ user name Martoon Ibiza tor’s could probably confirm … possibly why I don’t tend to bother anymore

• Just a fan

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:39 AM

Bit of an odd one From the frog.
    He bangs on and on about Ashley out.
    When there are rumours he is selling he says he is never going to leave.

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Blaydon-Toon, just as jib has been. Cryptic but I get you