web analytics

New Signing Happier Now At This Fantastic Club

Fabian Schar had to wait until November to get his chance in the side when captain Jamaal Lascelles was injured and had to come off at home to Watford.

Fabian came on and played exceptionally well in defense in our 1-0 win – the first of the season.

We then went onto to win three in a row and have now won four of our last seven games in the league.

Over the last few weeks, Schar has shown his vast experience and seems to have quickly adapted to the Premier League.

He can quickly set up attacks from defense and on Saturday at Huddersfield, he put a terrific ball through on the right wing to Perez.

The quick breakaway move ended with Rondon scoring the winning goal.

Fabian Schar – in action at Burnley

Schar is also an excellent defender and his partnership with Federico Fernandez has looked impressive when they have played together.

This is what Schar has said in the Chronicle today:

“Now I’m a little bit happier than two months ago.”

“It’s always good when you get opportunities to play, and I’ve had a few games in the last weeks.”

“If I can play, and also the team was winning some games then great. I really like to play with my team-mates for this fantastic club.”

“The fans give us big support. I’m pleased to be on the pitch helping the team. I try to do the same every week.”

“I tried to play my game. For the free-kick (Schar shot from the halfway line) I saw the keeper was a little bit far from his own goal, so I tried.”

“I didn’t think it was too far away.”

“At the end, the goal was a fantastic play. That’s the three points, and I’m really happy for that.”

Federico Fernandez was back in training yesterday having recovered from the calf injury he picked up against Wolves.

It will be interesting to see what defense Rafa plays on Saturday at home to Fulham.

One thing is certain – we picked up two excellent center-backs for just £9M in the summer.

Fernandez and Schar look like two talented and experienced acquisitions for us.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• toon22

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:02 PM

He has pretended to sell the club for the last 11 years

I’m not up for any more lies

• geordiemark

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:08 PM

I agree with the frog, the biggest mistake the boycotters done was stop, fell straight into ashleys hands that, the only way to get rid of Ashley is this, empty ground, fans outside the ground the tv will eat that up and it will look really bad for Ashley and shite direct, you have to also do the sums, how much money did shite direct loose during the boycotts and standing outside his shops, this all tells look at the companies hes bought with the clubs money and how much they have lost in there shares, house of frazer should have gone really but Ashley thought he could get a killing on it and bought it but hes walking into stumbling blocks with it now all this buying up companies its dicey with the department chains these days with everyone just about buying stuff off amazon ebay ect ect Ashley be go to the wall the way things are going in this country mind if he does ill laugh my head off

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM

Sad Pepe, go on, give us a smile. ‘Tis the season to be jolly and all that.

Why don’t you just admit that at some point the club will be sold or change hands in some fashion and that this could, potentially, be the time when that happens?

After all, you’re entitled to believe whatever you like, but denying the existence of a possibility is crazy talk.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:18 PM

I can’t see him going to all that trouble to stop a boycott that was never going to happen anyway nor do I think it’s an excuse not to invest, he just won’t spend if he thinks we don’t need to, which is looking like being on course for 40 points-ish.

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Call him crazy all you want but the frog has yet to be proven wrong

• hibbit

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:25 PM

if the Frog is right there’s going to be a lot of humble pie eaten on here in the new year

• Bladey

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Oh deary me no bidders have the cash
    This is hilarious what a Xmas present
    This means you Lily livered sheep have to put up with ASH for years to come and I couldn’t be happier
    You all who dis the boycotts derseve him and any s@@@ that comes with him
    And finally I hope you spend the last day of the transfer window sobbing in your tatty scarfs
    ASH IN RAFA IN

• Just a fan

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM

I will say this much for Ashley he has a lovely house.

• Just a fan

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Hobbit
    Is not a case of him being right or wrong it’s just the repetitiveness of it all.

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:46 PM

I see Blaydon-Toon has reverted to his alter ego

• Optimistic Panda

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Looks like the Fulham fans are as split as we were with Mitro

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Blaydon-Toon – Good to see you on the blog again – there are still a lot of sensible posters around – don’t let the idiots put you off.
    C-dog – I can confirm that Blaydon-Toon was around when Bladey/Blade_User was still in his nappies!

• RobLeenio

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:22 PM

c-dog, he’s yet to be proven right also, yet while the majority of us try to keep an open mind, he refuses to consider any perspective but his own. Stubborn and arrogant spring to mind. Not suite sure what the point is, really. Even if the sale falls flat on its ar$e, he’s lost all credibility on here just for his refusal to actually talk about football. Ever.

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:43 PM

I wish for nothing but for some buyer to put an end to Ashley’s stewardship. But everythinng that has happened in the past dictates the logical mind to only think the same will happen again. The real question is does he actually want to sell. No number of interested parties actually answers that question. Mike Ashley telling us he does want to sell certainly doesn’t answer the question. There cannot be one doubt about the fact that the man is dishonest. I always wonder how much his tenure at Newcastle has benefitted sports direct. You’re talking hundreds of millions in free advertisements. And how has this helped increase visitors to both stores and sites. And how many of these have been converted to sales. I suspect it’s more than 10 times over the price he paid for the club. People may point to falling share prices etc. How much greater would this have been without using our club as he has. Surely it’s in his best interest to remain owner of this club as his best interest is the competitiveness of Sport Direct and the use Newcastle as tool greatly benefits Sports Directs interests. It’s not some wild conspiracy. The fact that he gives away pretty much the majority of club advertising for free to Sports Direct is concrete evidence of what his ambition for this club is. He doesn’t need to take a physical penny out. It pays him hundreds of millions of penny’s in other ways.

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:47 PM

C-dog also regarding toon22 – a lot of us know he could well be right. It is not what he says but the manner that he says it – simply repeating the same old mantra over and over again – it is very irritating! Oh and his assertion that anybody with a place name in their screen name is working for Ashley or Bishop is ridiculous – you had better watch it as there is an Isle of Dogs 😉

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:50 PM

c-dog – You’re talking hundreds of millions in free advertisements

what utter drivel

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:56 PM

9 years multiplied by average cost of of premier league stadium advertisements

here’s a price from 2008 –
    Middlesbrough’s Riverside Stadium: Up in the northeast, the cost to advertise on the main touchline LED system is a whopping £3,000 per minute. That converts to $5,928 per minute or $98.80 per second.

See http://worldsoccertalk.com/2008/01/04/the-cost-to-advertise-during-a-premier-league-match/

I do enjoy putting you back under your rock

• Ffsashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:06 PM

OLG See ya mate Pete Graves hasn’t exactly backed up one word of what you have stated. You really need to give up the ITK Bullshit

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:14 PM

CDog
    That’s old info
    LED is £5000 per minute
    For a PL match that’s £450K
    say 20 matches per season (it’s less actually)
    £9million
    where do you get your 100’s of millions from ?

• Munster Mag

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:17 PM

For what it’s worth I think a sale is slowly building. Ashley went public (ya I know but..), nó denials from Kenyon etc. Silence because that is what is required, the silence contaminated by screaming children who want to be correct, but should be corrected!

• TyneMouth

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:18 PM

45 minute match?

• Munster Mag

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:18 PM

100s jib, maybe more 🙂

• Munster Mag

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:19 PM

Patience grasshoppers, we’ll get there.

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:23 PM

I’ve just realised C dog thought the minute rate was
    for 24/7/365 – not just the broadcast time.
    Ha ha ha
    What a balloon

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:24 PM

home games * number of minutes * number of years * cost
    19 * 90 * 9 * 5000 = 76950000

plus cups plus championship years plus the actual renaming of the stadium
    plus europa league year

where’s that rock gone? hang on…

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:26 PM

unless your suggesting the smoggies command greater advertisement than us Jib, surely not?

• Mister Tuff

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:26 PM

Hahaha – Jib cannot work this one out – he’s too thick.

“Like err err I canna work them sums oot I divvint have enough fingers and fumbs like err ye kna”.

Worra plonka.

• Vask

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:29 PM

So 5000 a min during match days. Would that be 105 mins per match. May even be more but over the 11 year tenure makes it approx 115m if it is on the whole match and half time. Also is that per metre or per hoarding? Then there’s the secondary hoardings further up the stand the stadium renaming rights that massive sign on the top of one of the stands. To be fair that is quite a bit of free adverts.

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:34 PM

I said £9m a season which for 9 seasons is £81M
    C Dog said 76950000
    not too far apart
    BUT NOT HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM

Hope its nice and snug under that rock

• ShirebrookToon

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:39 PM

Snug as a cock under a rock 😆

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:39 PM

I weighed the fact that every one of our home matches isn’t broadcast
    against incidental exposure like MotD etc.

• martoon

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:39 PM

Jib – to be fair you’ve both got your sums wrong. However it is not the LED advertising we’re talking about but surely the hoardings plastered all over the ground, on the roof and beside the Newcastle United sign on the East Stand as well as in the Tunnel and on the backs of a lot of the stadium staff – goodness knows how much that would cost?

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:43 PM

When someone doesn’t pay for a service
    The cost is a best guess anyway
    But to say Ashley has robbed the club of
    hundreds of millions is fatuous

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:45 PM

As I’ve said many times before
    Slag Ashley off as much as you like
    but stay truthful or you just discredit
    the whole protest.

• Rob1971

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:48 PM

• Chancel be a fine thing

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Let’s call it 0.5 million and say sports direct is shown pitchside for 10 minutes per match that’s 5million per match; which doesn’t include the permanent hoardings just outside or the general ground advertising.
    Your 9 mill would become 90mill.
    Which is a fair saving. Hence I think Ashley will fight hard to keep them there.
    If Ashley is not interested in selling his shares, indeed if he wants to buy back all the shares in order to get rid of those pesky shareholders, then a drop in share price wouldn’t bother him and would be what he wants. I’m all for directing action against SD and supporting the team fully, others see things differently.The loss in sales and the creative uses of the internet do affect him IMO, and I hope he wants to buy the shares back and needs to sell the club to do it. This would be a good reason why he might want to sell, in my book.

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:50 PM

The whole tiff started with this

“c-dog – You’re talking hundreds of millions in free advertisements”

BULLSHEEEEET

• JohnJ

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:50 PM

Sprouts………. Yeah I don’t mind them but I’m rationed as to how many I’m “allowed” can’t say why but suddenly the room empties long after the meal if the ratioining has been over the limit! Ha Ha

• Vask

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Also, it’s not just sports direct. I’ve seen Flannels all round the pitch. Do they pay for their adverts? Other brands of his too like foretrap etc.