web analytics

New Signing Happier Now At This Fantastic Club

Fabian Schar had to wait until November to get his chance in the side when captain Jamaal Lascelles was injured and had to come off at home to Watford.

Fabian came on and played exceptionally well in defense in our 1-0 win – the first of the season.

We then went onto to win three in a row and have now won four of our last seven games in the league.

Over the last few weeks, Schar has shown his vast experience and seems to have quickly adapted to the Premier League.

He can quickly set up attacks from defense and on Saturday at Huddersfield, he put a terrific ball through on the right wing to Perez.

The quick breakaway move ended with Rondon scoring the winning goal.

Fabian Schar – in action at Burnley

Schar is also an excellent defender and his partnership with Federico Fernandez has looked impressive when they have played together.

This is what Schar has said in the Chronicle today:

“Now I’m a little bit happier than two months ago.”

“It’s always good when you get opportunities to play, and I’ve had a few games in the last weeks.”

“If I can play, and also the team was winning some games then great. I really like to play with my team-mates for this fantastic club.”

“The fans give us big support. I’m pleased to be on the pitch helping the team. I try to do the same every week.”

“I tried to play my game. For the free-kick (Schar shot from the halfway line) I saw the keeper was a little bit far from his own goal, so I tried.”

“I didn’t think it was too far away.”

“At the end, the goal was a fantastic play. That’s the three points, and I’m really happy for that.”

Federico Fernandez was back in training yesterday having recovered from the calf injury he picked up against Wolves.

It will be interesting to see what defense Rafa plays on Saturday at home to Fulham.

One thing is certain – we picked up two excellent center-backs for just £9M in the summer.

Fernandez and Schar look like two talented and experienced acquisitions for us.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:23 PM

betty
    You’ve always struck me as a bloke with a loose end
    😀

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Roblen

What we’re achieving here is the shining a light on the “missing money” we all so frequently talk about. Ashley says he’s never taken a penny out of the club. Not a physical one. But he’s robbed the club blind by other legal but unethical ways. Placing sports direct gains from the advertising platform Newcastle provides it should be a hot topic every time the Ashley misdemeanors are to be discussed. It’s his whole strategy for Newcastle United.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:32 PM

Jib @143,
    For a bloke that claims to be so clever you really do come out with some stupid claims.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Nobody would care who was owner if we were trying to compete.

• Lindisfarne

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:36 PM

“”Both privately and publicly – via a Fans Forum earlier in the campaign – the Newcastle board have repeatedly insisted the money is there for the Magpies to break their record on the “right player”. Given Almiron’s age and profile, he would seemingly fit such criteria.””

We will still presumably beaten by an offer of £1m more at the end of January.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:42 PM

Tremendous comedy blogging today in place of yet another no news day.

My pick of the day must be :-

The Queen.

Hahahaha.

• Lindisfarne

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:49 PM

Thank you Chancel be a fine thing for the set up

• Jib

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:49 PM

It’s looking like Sarri and Rafa could agree
    a deal for Tammy Abraham.

• c-dog

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:01 PM

I wonder if a sports direct rival, let’s say JD or someone affiliated with them, bid the asking price would the offer be accepted

1 3 4 5