web analytics

Sky Sports Pundit Predicts Newcastle vs Fulham

It’s not very often that Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson is confident of a Newcastle win but he takes us to beat Fulham 3-0 at home on Saturday afternoon in what is a relegation 6 pointer.

That would be our biggest win of the season if it happens and would help our goal difference,  but we still think this game will be a difficult one.

Given we have won four of our last seven games and shown some decent form of late we will be the favorites tomorrow to win the game with most pundits.

But we cannot take Fulham lightly in any way.

Paul Merson – predicts Newcastle to win 3-0

But having said all that – we desperately need the 3 points on Saturday.

This is what Paul Merson has said on Sky Sports:

“Newcastle. Without a doubt.”

“You’re never going to stay up if you can’t keep a clean sheet. West Ham beat Fulham in second gear, a struggling Manchester United the week before were 3-0 up in no time.”

“Huddersfield have got a chance of staying up because they may only need to score one goal to win a football match, with a good defense, but Fulham need to score two or three each week to even get near.”

“I really can’t see Fulham keeping a clean sheet between now and the end of the season.”

“They could be cut adrift, it’s getting to that stage of the season.”

“I’m not sure what this appointment of Claudio Ranieri has brought Fulham.

Paul predicts 3-0

That first line – Newcastle, without a doubt, worries me a little.

But we’ll take the win however we can get it.

Seven in ten fans think we can win this game and go to 19 points after 18 games played – which would be very decent.

Here’s hoping.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Fulham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:01 PM

Words are cheaper in Scotland
    Rangers have been fined £6,000 for their criticism of referee Willie Collum after he sent off Daniel Candeias during November’s win over St Mirren.
    The club have been found guilty of inappropriate conduct and criticising an official and indicating bias.

What charges did the FA bring against Neil Warnock this week,…? Don’t tell me they didn’t. Quel surprise.

• Vask

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:01 PM

It makes me nervous when the poll results have a run away win prediction. Let’s hope we can break the over confident fanbase curse this week.

Coupled with Mersons prediction of 3 – 0 the bad omens are adding up. Wonder what Lawro predicts.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:02 PM

OGS at Man U, I hope he’s as gawd awful there as he was at Cardiff.

• Vask

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:05 PM

Jail

Would be good to see them finish outside the top ten for a change.

• toon22

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:06 PM

Have we been sold yet ?

Really ?

• Asi Fish

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:09 PM

I’m hoping that we can can get a good win at fulham but don’t see us running away with it or keeping a clean sheet especially now Merson has cursed us..
    Oh well, I have Chuck coming around on sat to counter the bad luck so who know #chuckluck

I’ll predict Ful 1- 2 Toon with Mitro their goal first and then Rondon and Perez for ours.

The flight has brought some sprouts in so we are on for Crimbo. Yeah sprouts!!!

Hibbit – any idea where the fat man is going in Florida? We are hitting Florida Keys after Xmas so I might take my Toon tops with me and save some sprouts to give him a good sprouting ha ha

• yogz69

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:11 PM

Seriously froggy mate give it a rest sick of hearing your negativity

• Lindisfarne

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:22 PM

If you read the serious reports from the Parliamentary hearing (?) that Ashley attended, I think there is no doubt suddenly announcing the imminent sale of NUFC glossed over the damage to his image as an expert businessmen/ retailer that he self inflicted.

• Mag52

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Asi.

I think we’re playing at home.
    We tend not to play well at home at the moment. I’m looking at a low scoring draw or, hopefully, a 1 – 0 win.