web analytics

Positive News – These Two Rare Starters Were Newcastle Best Players At Chelsea

We were so impressed with the way Sean Longstaff played and handled himself in his first Premier League start at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Jonjo Shelvey is having problems with his thigh injury but the way the local lad played with discipline and skill in the middle of the park on Saturday surely means he will get more games for Newcastle this season.

On the good form he showed against the very expensive Chelsea players he deserves to.

Sean is narrowly second in our poll to another player who was making his first Premier League start – this time for the season.

Sean Longstaff – played extremely well in his first PL start

Florian Lejeune is pure class and played on Saturday as though he had never been away from the first team this season.

But he has recovered well from a severe ACL knee injury he picked up in training in late July.

During the recovery, the center-back worked his socks off to get fit as soon as possible and in doing so he showed the fans what an excellent character and temperament he has.

So these two players were our best players at Chelsea followed by Martin Dubravka who had a solid game in goal for the Magpies.

Let’s hope that Lejeune can make a difference at the back and 21-year-old Longstaff will get more playing time through the end of the season.

Hopefully, they can help us survive in what is another tough season for Rafa and the players.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Chelsea Defeat?

View Results

Tuesday 15th January
    Kick-off 7.45pm
    Live on BT Sports

• beermonkey

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM

cheers ron

thats handy i will get to watch in the pub

• Jib

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:57 AM

BT Sport 2

• Jib

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:58 AM

For Jesper and Catchy
    Viaplay in Denmark and Norway

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:01 AM

BT sports, that’s handy I’ve just bought a 10M HDMI lead so I can watch it in the new kitchen. Jesper take note 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Would be even better if fatty would allow Rafa to have a tilt at the CL and really get my monies worth from BT.

• Jib

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Jail
    It’s also on BT UHD so if you have a 4K tv
    you can pick out the blackheads on Shelvey’s bonce

• beermonkey

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:13 AM

jib

doubt he will be playing

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:18 AM

I don’t think it is Jib and if that’s what you can do with one I think I’ll be giving it a miss.

• beermonkey

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:27 AM

jail

it will be tough to watch us next season in the champo

• G

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:28 AM

I think after certain comments from certain BT Sports personnel I will be giving that channel a good boycotting from this point on. I will just stream it from the internet, but BT are not going to be getting any of my cash for the foreseeable future.

• Geordie-john

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:40 AM

This is for the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Richard Keys and any other useless knobheads out there trying to chip in about something they obviously know nowt about, NUFC and the useless fat greedy twat of an owner that we are still stuck with.
    SHUT THE FCUK UP !!!
    Keys I’m surprised you are still wanting to have a say after totally embarrassing yourself with the verbal shite you tried to promote the last time the fat lad opened his gob to create a smoke screen.
    Ferdinand, When have you had any interest in us Geordies ? You must be trying to take the place of Bongeyedwise who is normally stood by the side of fat lad’s netty waiting to lick his arse clean.
    You could therefore be known as the maxi version of the Bongeyedwise.

• bettyswallocks

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM

Jail………. 10m for a HDMI lead, kinell you could have bought us a player with that.

• Aces-of-Eights

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Giuseppe rossi training with man u free transfer. Carrasco would be dream signing no chance obviously

• Aces-of-Eights

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM

2 weeks in and no closer to transfer or takeover and the boycott and protests got stopped oh dear. That ash is one clever sod and that’s why he became a billionaire from scratch

• Aces-of-Eights

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:48 AM

Our season depends on 2moro as Thats all we have to play for the fa cup forget league

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Wow. Hard evidence of Rio and Keys conflicts of interest with Mike Ashley.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM

G
    To be fair, bt have been much much better than sky. Jake Humphrey has regularly fought our corner live on bt.

• hibbit

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:14 AM

G
    Jake Humphrey definitely deserves a pat on the back, he has one of our most outspoken celebrity supporters for a long time now, we could do with a lot more like him

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:18 AM

Ronaldo,
    He’s going to be sick to death of those coming in his notifications today

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:29 AM

hibbit,
    I’ve just e mailed bt sport and complained. I understand Joe Cole being on there and clueless to what’s happening here but why have Rio Ferdinand on spouting BS, at least have someone like Steve Howey alongside him. There’s a conflict of interest there and shouldn’t be allowed to spew untruths.

• RobLeenio

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:41 AM

Jail, good on you. I’m going to follow your lead. It’s the fact he has such an obvious conflict of interest and yet is given a platform to speak – a platform paid for at least in part by NUFC fans.

In effect, any NUFC fan with a BT Sport subscription is paying to have Rio Ferdinand talk sh!t about them whenever he wants.

I’d suggest others do the same, even going so far as to suggest that you’ll cancel your subscriptions if Rio does not issue an apology. That might make some execs sit up and take notice.

• martoon

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Jail @23 – Good on you – I thought the same thing when I was watching it – you normally have guests where at least one has an association with one club and one the other. At least Sky have Shola although he is a bit crawly to Ashley – I suspect he has his eye on a coaching job in the future!

• Ibizatoon

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Does Rio’s ignorance or attention seeking games not give fans a great platform in which to correct and get the actual truth out there?

It’s when there is no discussion that we have a real problem, in my opinion.

Challenge and educate, don’t sensor.

• RobLeenio

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:46 AM

ibizatoon, I hear what you’re saying but if we could somehow force a retraction or apology, does that not carry even greater weight?

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Even Liverpool Supporters are mocking these two clowns . Scroll down to see Rafa on the phone to Ashley – hilarious!

• Ibizatoon

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Rob…Our posts crossed (okay, I was tardy with the refresh button). I 100% think fans should be writing in etc. I’d have thought that’s actually what BT sports are after. Interaction, news, a story/drama.

I just personally don’t see the need to get angry. The more he does it, the more opportunity for us to respond and for a wider audience to see the debate and get involved. I see it as a wonderful opportunity.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM

So it’s on Bt Sports is it Ron @3. I hope those two knobs Ferdinand and Keys aren’t the invited “pundits” then. They wouldn’t dare would they?

• G

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM

I’m more upset about Key’s comments than I am Ferdinands. The pair of them want stringing up in my opinion though. I know BT sport do have some positives, however, I am done with them to be honest. I don’t think BT Sport is worth the subscription based on what I watch anyway, so I don’t feel I’ll particularly miss it.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:59 AM

“Just a few months after sealing a surprise move to the United Arab Emirates, Yohan Cabaye is now available on a free – and several Newcastle fans are calling for us to snap him up on a short-term deal.”

“The former France international turns 33 today – so he’s no spring chicken – but his return could make so much sense given our worrying lack of midfield options.”
    Wages would be far too high wouldn’t they?

• awaydays

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Yohan Cabaye is available on a free after leaving his club …
    Definitely worth bringing in … I still don’t think that we ever brought a replacement in for him
    18 month deal with an option would be unbelievable business considering we are short

• awaydays

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:02 PM

West lancs it depends whether he goes to China … he’s at the end now but he could be tempted I think

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:02 PM

The fact Rio became aggressive and shouty towards Jake when questioned on his opinion should be enough for BT to kik him into touch.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:04 PM

G @31 I watched the Chelsea game (Bt Sports version) through a perfectly good stream on my PC found via Reddit. So saw the pathetic “performance” from Ferdinand & Keys first hand. Joe Cole just sat there like a zombie

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Does anyone know if Toxic Ash & PR Bish were sat in the Chelsea end with blue and white ties and scarves? I think not attempting to speak to Rafa & the players(if only to wish them luck or say well donor the effort put in) either before or after the game was nothing short of disrespectful & ignorant. Rafa has made him millions over the time he has been at the Club. What a return Ashlie has had on his £6M per year wage INVESTMENT!

• Optimistic Panda

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM

I get BT sports for free, forgot all about it and have missed all matches on there barring the Chelsea match.

Doh

• Bladey

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Day 14
    No takeover No transfers
    All going to plan
    ASH IN RAFA IN

• DubaiMicky

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Re Cabaye, didn’t he in effect go on strike cos he wanted to leave us?