web analytics

Newcastle Youngster Keen To Keep His Place At Blackburn

Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff had an excellent first Premier League start for Newcastle at Stamford Bridge on Saturday and held his own against some of Chelsea’s world-class players.

He’s an efficient player with excellent technical skills, and he looks to have a bright future at Newcastle.

Sean was behind only Florian Lejeune in our Man of the Match voting for Saturday’s game.

Lejeune looked like he had never been away from the Newcastle in his first Premier League appearance of the season after recovering from his ACL knee injury.

Sean Longstaff in action last Saturday

Longstaff has had this to say today as reported in the Chronicle:

“Any time I get the chance to play a game for Newcastle, I’ll snap your hand off.”

“Hopefully, I’ve done enough to stay in the team. We’ve got a lot of injuries at the minute.”

“It’s another game. We’d have liked to have finished last Saturday, but it wasn’t to be. We’ll go into it with confidence.”

“It’ll be good to get a win – it doesn’t matter what competition it’s in. That’ll bring more confidence for the game on Saturday.”

“I saw it was a free hit, almost,”

“The way the squad is at the minute there are a few injuries to key players. That’s what you need, you need a chance.

“I think, for me, to play at Anfield and now here, it’s not the easiest of baptisms, but I’ve loved it.”

“Playing against the best players in the world can only improve you as a player.

“It’s amazing to see where I’ve come in just a short space of time – playing in League One last year to starting a Premier League game.”

“Obviously, it’s something I’ve dreamt of as a kid and I’m over the moon.”

“Now it’s about doing well enough every day to get another one and another one.”

The 21-year-old is almost certain to play tonight at Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup third round replay.

Ki is off at the Asian Cup, and Jonjo Shelvey and Mo Diame are not available through injury.

So it looks like Hayden and Longstaff will be our two central midfielders again.

We have to hope Newcastle can get through tonight but we have only one win in our last 10 games played – that 1-0 win at Huddersfield on 15th December: the Terriers fired manager David Wagner yesterday.

And as Sean says a win should give out players some confidence for the upcoming vital league games – starting at home to Cardiff City on Saturday.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Blackburn?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:30 AM

OP…I have no issue debating this with you but don’t think ganging up on me makes your argument more valid!

I disagree with your argument and could argue same as you but only that you are failing to see the managers part in this wether or not he just consults and are not involved directly!

Jib…do you know the definition of consulting?

Tsunki…I find it pointless to debate you and the only things that comes out of your mouth when you meet a challenge are derogatory language! Don’t care for you and will ignore you!

Martoon…I am not talking about ac1 year contract! Short term contracts like 3 years. If the first season is good then renegotiate!

Betsy…please don’t try and explain what I think or even try and make sense mate…you’re not fooling anyone! Sorry if that was harsh…but it’s the truth!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:31 AM

By the way who was manager when we bought Saivet is beside the point…

• posada

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Mag 😛
    Jan 14, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Online is not an itk in my opinion.

He’s always acted really strange on here, first off for threatening to have me banned (which eventually happened) for bad language when he was first posting very regularly. Now he’s some sort of itk out of nowhere with a source that is always going on these holidays right when we are all desperate for his information (throwback to last year when he tried to join in and then told everyone his ‘source’ was on holiday).

My opinion is that he got a lucky guess with his information to us all in November (I think it was) and that now he is milking it because he craves attention.

********************************
    Young Mag. You are getting very shrewd these days.
    A lucky guess ?
    Someone had to get lucky sooner or later.
    It’s the old method used by Nostradamus. Make ten predictions. Say nowt about the 9 that are wrong. Shout from the roof tops about the 1 you get right.
    Well done, keep it gannin.

• Jib

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:36 AM

You can see why Marcelo Bielsa wants Kiko Casilla
    When he was interviewed about spygate it was clear
    he has very little English.
    You’ve got to fancy Leeds for promotion

• Ibizatoon

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Jesper… I think people understood your post about saviet to be blaming Rafa for his arrival and for the length of contract, so surely who the manager was is relevant?

If your original point had nothing to do with Rafa, as has been thought, then that’s what needs to be corrected, or we’re talking about different points.

• Mag :P

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:38 AM

Not sure I can though posada.

Unfortunately, because I don’t agree that he has this knowledge I have apparently reverted to type.

I’m now acting like I did when I was a kid.

My bad. I shall blindly follow along if it makes him feel better.

• Jib

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:42 AM

There used to be a guy at Gosforth Races stood in the
    car park as the meeting started – shouting out the name of a horse
    he would then stand somewhere else in the carpark and shout
    the name of another horse in the same race – he’d carefully note
    where he’d stood for each horse and be in the right place for the
    winner at the end of the meet.

Loads of folk would drop him a tenner for the great tip.

Not saying OLG is a phoney but Posada’s post reminded me off him

• Jib