web analytics

Newcastle Player’s Injury Worse Than First Thought

Ki Sung-yueng will return to Newcastle after the hamstring injury he picked up early in the Asian Cup tournament is bad enough that he will not be able to play again before February 1st when the final takes place.

When he picked up the hamstring injury in the very first game the South Korean officials initially said he would be out only a week.

But it is worse than first thought, so the best thing for him is to return to Newcastle from the United Arab Emirates for treatment on the injury.

Ki Sung-yueng in South Korean colors

But here again is a case where a Newcastle player returns from International duty injured.

The 29-year-old was not available for the previous two games and has now been ruled out for the rest of the competition.

The midfielder will now return to Newcastle and be assessed by the Newcastle medics.

Let’s hope it’s not too bad, and he can be back playing early next month perhaps?

Ki has proved he is a good player for Newcastle, and since he started to play regularly for the team in early November he has been one of our best players.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Cardiff?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:09 AM

He had a hamstring injury and they played him in a second match.
    Woeful decision.

• martoon

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:09 AM

Don’t send him to the same specialist as Shelvey & Dummett – once you see him you’re never seen again! 😉

• lochinvar

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:12 AM

See that Cardiff had nine players who last season were in their Championship squad and it showed.
    That’s why you need to invest and strengthen your squad and team for the demands of the Premiership and not go out and buy vinyl.

• Jib

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:17 AM

Newcastle United
    Born under a bad sign
    If it wasn’t for bad luck
    They’d have no luck at all

• geordiemark

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:19 AM

you know I have a sneaky feeling the magpie group has a couple of traitors in camp, in other words ashelys stooges, why on earth would you do a sit in the ground when the match is finished near 10pm and miss transport home theres just something not right about the magpie group to me

• geordiemark

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:20 AM

not a very good idea to play him when they knew the injury he had, I think when international countries do this they should compensate his full contract to the club he is bought and paid for this is a disgrace shouldn’t happen these days

• martoon

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:26 AM

geordiemark @5 – I’ve said before this is a totally stupid idea when people have work the next day and need to get the last bus/train etc. home – it is destined to be a flop!

• geordiemark

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:30 AM

aye a PR stunt with the magpie group martoon it smells a rat off like no mistake about it

• geordiemark

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:31 AM

you know years ago there wasn’t any groups of fans, if we didn’t agree we always let the directors know about it but it wasn’t just sections in the crowd it was the whole stadium, these groups I do not trust one bit it has an Ashley stink about it

• bettyswallocks

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:33 AM

There seems to be some kind of reporting embargo on what Ashlie actually said when insulting the prospective buyers and The Islamic Faith whilst in the Middle East. As it has now been widely reported that he said something insulting they are obviously trying to keep the details of the insults under wraps to avoid reprisals.

I think from an NUFC point of view it is important that the whole episode becomes fully exposed so that the whole world can see what kind of man we’re dealing with here. Apparently there were some Independant journalists present who recorded Ashley’s blatherings which led to him having to admit that he may have spoken inappropriately.

We really could do with all this out in the open as high profile figures are not looked upon sympathetically in the Islamic World if they insult their faith.

• martoon

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:37 AM

geordiemark @ 8 – I think TMG are good and I generally support their ideas – but this one is ill-considered!

• geordiemark

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:37 AM

bettyswallocks

aye that’s what I read, look what happened to an American reporter who insulted the Saudis if Ashley thinks hes scot free here he best think again, what I would do is this, if I was the Saudi royal family id buy out all of ashleys companies including Newcastle united 🙂 and ruin the git

• geordiemark

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:38 AM

martoon

it maybe just me but I just get a sneaky feeling about them and there ideas

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Aye,
    A sit in at ten o clock at night is just stupid. A full ten minute “stand up if you hate Ashley” during the game would be very audible and SKY would have to literally mute the sound to ensure it wasn’t heard.

• bettyswallocks

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:57 AM

I’m feeling a little subdued this morning after the events of yesterday which were emotionally and physically draining. I hope the sad, sorry episode can be used as a reminder to all other bloggers that Jesper will not tolerate being misquoted under any circumstances even if some of his comments are misleading.
    I feel that I have been suitably admonished for my part in upsetting Jesper and would like to reiterate my deepest regret that the incident was allowed to escalate to such proportions where the whole blog was adversely affected. I have apologised to Jesper and hope that he accepts my apologies as they were sincere. I now would like to draw a line under the whole debacle in the hope that we can communicate in a much more transparent way in the future so there are no reoccurrences of this nature.

As a final suggestion maybe Jib and Hibbit should apologise to Jesper also as they were complicit in misquoting him and causing him distress .

• BeeGuy

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:40 AM

The purpose of national teams is to ruin their best athletes.